Antonis Stergiakis

U23

Andy Fisher

Jordan Eastham

Joe Hilton

U18

Aidan Dowling

Felix Goddard

Think minimum two need to go. We don't need/can't use 8 goalkeepers ? Can't be either of the U18s and think they want Eastham close by, so Hilton (sold) and Fisher (loan/sold) should exit in the next 26 hours.

Not exactly ITK price of ground breaking news here... but my source has been told to expect a "very busy" couple of days (today and tomorrow). ?

Edited by Angry_Pirate
Not sure what's happened to the font here...

Just now, Angry_Pirate said:

1st Team

Thomas Kaminski 

Anynsley Pears

Antonis Stergiakis 

U23

Andy Fisher

Jordan Eastham

Joe Hilton 

U18s

Aidan Dowling

Felix Goddard

Think minimum two need to go. We don't need/can't use 8 goalkeepers ? Can't be either of the U18s and think they want Eastham close by, so Hilton (sold) and Fisher (loan/sold) should exit in the next 26 hours.

Not exactly ITK price of ground breaking news here... but my source has been told to expect a "very busy" couple of days (today and tomorrow). ?

Yeah, Eastham is a decent prospect. Probably best to move on the other 2.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

1st Team

Thomas Kaminski 

Anynsley Pears

Antonis Stergiakis

U23

Andy Fisher

Jordan Eastham

Joe Hilton

U18

Aidan Dowling

Felix Goddard

The old rule of thumb is to have 2 players for every slot. So Kaminski and Pears for the 1st team, Sergiakis as 3rd choice/u23s along with Eastham, presumably one of the others out on loan somewhere and the u18 lads sort themselves out.

Well stocked but not an issue so long as someone goes out on loan.

Seems to me the Pears one has been lined up all summer long through Mowbray's Boro connections. The strange one was the Greek lad.

I suppose with Stergiakis, none of us had heard of him, he is a young lad coming from a poor standard of football, we dont have the foggiest if he is competent back up at this point. Pears played quite a bit of football at Championship level.

That being said, unless the deal was for peanuts, and it assumes that Stergiakis isnt ready, that becomes more of a questionable use of limited resources than Pears.

I also am unsure as to why Pears would join to sit on our bench however, just swapping one subs bench for another. Unless its for a payrise and contractual stability.

Just now, JacknOry said:

Didnt Stergiakis reject a big move not so long ago because he wasn't given first team assurances? Now it seems he will be third choice here? Strange.

Don't think there's anything substantial which says he won't be second choice, has a better resume than Pears. We'll wait and see but for now it's all just guessing

1 minute ago, JoeH said:

Don't think there's anything substantial which says he won't be second choice, has a better resume than Pears. We'll wait and see but for now it's all just guessing

That would then pose further questions as to why Pears would come here to be Number 3? 

2 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Does he have a better resume? Difficult to compare, Pears has played loads in the National League plus a decent amount of starts for Boro in this League last season, Stergiakis has played loads for Slavia Sofia in a league of an unknown and questionable standard. I would imagine that Pears will be sub and Stergiakis will be under 23 goalkeeper if I had to guess.

1 hour ago, Herbie6590 said:

Fast Forward....Wembley, May 2021

Radio Lancs commentary: “We move into the 94th minute of this exciting play off final and with the scores locked at 2-2 extra time now looks inevitable....cross from the right hits Lenihan’s arm....oh no it’s a penalty....the ref has given a penalty....Lenihan’s arms were by his side but the referee has seen that as handball and a season’s efforts seem set to come to naught here thanks to that decision... Kevin...what about that decision...?”

KG (for it is he): “Well I don’t know how that can be given....but wait....here comes Steve Waggott....he seems to be handing Tony Mowbray a P45....well that seems harsh to me....especially as the penalty hasn’t yet been taken...”

It's all right, one of our 8 keepers would save the penalty.

?

• Like 5

• Backroom

I’m not one for conspiracies but the Pears thing feels very ‘jobs for the boys’ like we are doing an old mate a favour!

Downing wouldn’t come for me, rated him but if he wanted to be here he would have signed pre season 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Who is?

Hilton.

Just now, Tom said:

I’m not one for conspiracies but the Pears thing feels very ‘jobs for the boys’ like we are doing an old mate a favour!

Downing wouldn’t come for me, rated him but if he wanted to be here he would have signed pre season 

To be fair, we dont know that for sure with Downing. Maybe it was a case as Mowbray implied earlier whereby Downing to us was a Plan B/C, not the other way around, he mentioned that he might "revisit" it once we had signed our priorities, so maybe it is just a case that we havent spent our budget hence why we can go back to it.

Even if the decision was partially Downings, I think its very fair for him to be a little bit cautious when accepting a lower wage considering his successful season last time out. But it is all hypothetical.

The problem for me would be fitness, signing him next week would be 5 or 6 games into the season, and then he would have missed pre season. 

4 minutes ago, Tom said:

Will be his last contract you would imagine, cant blame him for holding out for better offers. That said, while I would like him here on much reduced terms as an experienced squad player, I wouldn't lose much sleep if he didn't come. 

STILL need a LB and talk of yet another keeper is insanity for me. You have to laugh at this forum at times, a couple of weeks ago everyone decided the Greek lad was the next coming of Gordon Banks and a massive feather in the cap of the European scouting network.

Now we've probably discovered he's crap and going to be 3rd choice!

Don't understand why we'd be in for a CM either, If we had room for cover I'd much rather we brought in a half decent striker in case of an injury to Armstrong.

Potentially disconcerting end to what previously had looked a promising window. We seem to be reverting back to signing anyone for the sake of it because we've missed out on our targets rather than bringing in players in the positions we actually need.

Talk about bringing someone in so we can leave our best player so far this season, Dolan, out is equally crackers.

Let's see what transpires but I'm actually getting more concerned than I was a day or too ago rather than the other way round.