BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

57 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

STILL need a LB and talk of yet another keeper is insanity for me. You have to laugh at this forum at times, a couple of weeks ago everyone decided the Greek lad was the next coming of Gordon Banks and a massive feather in the cap of the European scouting network.

Now we've probably discovered he's crap and going to be 3rd choice!

Don't understand why we'd be in for a CM either, If we had room for cover I'd much rather we brought in a half decent striker in case of an injury to Armstrong.

Potentially disconcerting end to what previously had looked a promising window. We seem to be reverting back to signing anyone for the sake of it because we've missed out on our targets rather than bringing in players in the positions we actually need.

Talk about bringing someone in so we can leave our best player so far this season, Dolan, out is equally crackers.

Let's see what transpires but I'm actually getting more concerned than I was a day or too ago rather than the other way round.

Oh dear, think you might be in the 1% on here, thinking as you do.

15 minutes ago, Wood26 said:

Only ones that would of laughed is the ones that can’t get over Brereton fee, and ignore the same manager signed Dack and Armstrong for under 2 million.

Great business from us with a difficult budget.

Literally nonsense and needlessly provocative at a time when we are potentially signing a couple of players.

No one that I have seen has been anything other than complimentary over those 2 excellent signings, indeed the full agreement happens to result in no debate as everyone agrees.

• Like 1

“For Championship level he's solid mate, picks up an injury a bit too often for my liking and won't offer much going forward (ironic with the goal in the post I know) but will do a good job for you”

“Can't believe I'm reading reports that Blackburn could be signing Tom Trybull, why would we want to strengthen a promotion rival?! #ncfc” 

“Solid champ player. Just wasn’t good enough in the prem and fell out of favour. Don’t think we can give him the game time he wants. Good player at this level and will always give 100%.” 

A few Norwich fans takes there for you. Seems he’s a solid defensive mid. Him and Douglas will be two great additions??

• Like 3

• Backroom
46 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

The 'not athletic enough for a Bielsa team' is interesting given how our set up is really fitness driven too. Then again Leeds have been ridiculous in their pressing, so I guess it's all relative.

The Leeds stats are insane this season. Top the Prem charts in just about everything- tackling, pressing, ball recovery etc.

Gotta be the hardest working team in the Country at the moment.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/12867725/leeds-top-tacklers-premier-league-records/amp/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rog of the rovers said:

Had a brief chat with a good mate of mine who is a die hard Leeds fan. His assessment....

Douglas - Wand of a left foot, good passer, great on set pieces....not athletic enough to play in a Bielsa team, slow and is sometimes beaten for pace, but good at Championship level.

Sounds like a minor upgrade on Cunningham and almost a Mulgrew type of player at left back?

Two promotions on the CV with Wolves and Leeds can't be too bad though!

I talked to a Leeds friend of mine and he said the exact same thing.  Said his set pieces are top class.  He did say he’s had a hard time staying healthy since joining from Wolves. Certainly an upgrade over Bell. 

An interesting dilemma could be when and how to introduce these 2 players if and when they sign.

With our previous signings, Kaminski came straight in. Ayala was one for whom injury and isolation has made it easy for the manager. He has obviously come to play, but with Williams in form and Lenihan an obvious starter, that could have been a long time coming. With Lenihan out, Ayala came in and slotted in well, had the 3 been available for Saturday, then it would have been a real selection headache, as it is, Lenihan and Ayala can play and as our best 2, potentially stay in the team.

Douglas is a more difficult one. The thing is, he is an obvious and considerable upgrade on Bell, so sooner rather than later, we want him in the team. Another aspect is looking towards Saturday, we have a lack of creativity with Holtby out and are playing against an out of form team, Douglas' added craft and set piece ability could really help. Then again, even though I think Mowbray's description of his performances as "excellent" are over the top, it could be harsh to drop Bell or indeed any part of a defence on the back of 3 clean sheets. Does Douglas come in after the next game that we concede, the next game Bell specifically has that is poor, or for the midwek game next week, assuming its not straight in on Saturday.

Then there is Trybull. He is right footed and naturally can play in front of the back 4, a position that I don't think naturally suits Johnson necessarily who I think is better when he is breaking forward offering a goal threat rather than trying to pick the ball up on the half turn. There might not be as much urgency to start Trybull, who might also be rustier if he has totally been in the cold at Norwich.

Living in Norwich I can safely say that a lot of Norwich fans rate Trybull and from what I have seen of him myself he looks like a good signing at this level.

As an aside, him and his wife are both pretty active on instagram, or at least used to be, for those that are social media inclined.

Edited by its_rovertime

Just now, Silas said:

The Leeds stats are insane this season. Top the Prem charts in just about everything- tackling, pressing, ball recovery etc.

Gotta be the hardest working team in the Country at the moment.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/12867725/leeds-top-tacklers-premier-league-records/amp/

You can see his influence on Pep - identify the way you want to play and commit everything to following that approach to the fullest extent, to hell with the weaknesses which comes with it. Sacrifice is the essence of strategy etc,

• Like 2

Kaminski looks a good signing with a back up also on the books, if Douglas signs then anything after that is a bonus. I’d be delighted with just the left back sorting. Is trybull the new Harrison reed. Don’t know anything about him but if he’s that style of player and we can keep arma fit with Dack and Travis on the way back I can honestly say I can’t remember the last time I was this optimistic. I might even start being a Mowbray fanboy if he doesn’t start playing Ayala on the left wing ?

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

I might even start being a Mowbray fanboy if he doesn’t start playing Ayala on the left wing ?

I’d sooner see Ayala on the wing than Gallagher, at least he’d win some headers off our goal kicks, and I genuinely mean that! ?

2 minutes ago, JoeH said:

I’d sooner see Ayala on the wing than Gallagher, at least he’d win some headers off our goal kicks, and I genuinely mean that! ?

On the wing is the only time Gally does win any headers. Trouble is they're usually onto nobody! He's terrible in the box with his sweed too.

2 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

Douglas, Trybull, and Pears all to come in before the deadline and Downing to re-join next week. Fantastic business all round.

Quality options in every position. 

Where would Downing play ? Can't see him getting any gametime in central midfield now. Waste of wages in my opinion.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

We've already had a 200K bid turned down for Pears and given the manager has said we aren't going to spend £1 Million on one player if we are paying 300-400K Boro want for Pears then that is a sizable chunk of the budget. Surely the much vaunted European scouting network will have enabled Mowbray to know all about the Greek lad prior to signing. Also he did cost a fee and has a 3 year contract. To go wasting clubs funds on a third goalkeeper in one window would be crazy.

According to Sharpe and Crooke he didn't cost a fee,there is sell on and appearance clauses in the contract.

You would have to presume that the price for Pears has dropped now we have gotten closer to deadline and they want him out.

IL trust the management on this one as not seen a great deal of either but at least Pears has Championship experience and isn't going to cost a lot.

I think we would find it hard to sign a forward player who would cost as little as Pears that would improve us.We might have found a loan but any decent young player from the prem that is available on loan the parent club want guarantees that he will start or get so many minutes etc and with Armstrong and Dack to come back and the emergence of Dolan could we give those guarantees?I don't think we could 

Think it's been a good window myself, if we secure Trybull and Douglas,Ayala top centre half at this level, Kaminski looking the business, the emergence of Dolan.No player of any value sold.

In the current climate and our limited budget I think we have done very well to be honest 

• Like 3