BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

1 hour ago, Feed the Yak said:

Best transfer window in years if we get the lb and cm in. 

The most solid sensible one since we recruited for promotion from lge 1 imo if those come off.....

Nice to see the scattergun has been put away.

Didn't we have a strike partnership that spoke portuguese to each other on the pitch (I want to say Benni McCarthy was one of them) on the grounds that the opposition wouldn't understand what they were saying to each other? Would having a German double pivot in Trybull and Holtby have the same effect?

10 minutes ago, islander200 said:

According to Sharpe and Crooke he didn't cost a fee,there is sell on and appearance clauses in the contract.

You would have to presume that the price for Pears has dropped now we have gotten closer to deadline and they want him out.

100k according to Crooke.

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/blackburn-rovers-stergiakis-kaminski-transfers-19074147

6 minutes ago, AspRover said:

Didn't we have a strike partnership that spoke portuguese to each other on the pitch (I want to say Benni McCarthy was one of them) on the grounds that the opposition wouldn't understand what they were saying to each other? Would having a German double pivot in Trybull and Holtby have the same effect?

McCarthy and Santa Cruz spoke Spanish to each other.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

I stand corrected I'm sure Sharpe did say there was no fee.

Still stand by what I said it's been a very good window on the provision we complete the signings of Trybull and Douglas

• Like 1

1 hour ago, unsall said:

Oh dear, think you might be in the 1% on here, thinking as you do.

What's the point in wasting money on a 3rd keeper?

What's the point in signing Trybull and lining him up alongside the likes of Buckley  Davenport as another midfielder we never or hardly ever use?

Has Douglas been confirmed? If he has then that's hopefully the one addition we really need. The other two I can't see the point of  at all but IF the senior signings  Kaminski, Ayala and Douglas turn out well then it'll be a very good window, certainly the best since we've been promoted, not that that's much of a bar to beat and it's certainly not before time either.

2 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

What's the point in signing Trybull and lining him up alongside the likes of Buckley  Davenport as another midfielder we never or hardly ever use?

Has Douglas been confirmed? If he has then that's hopefully the one addition we really need. The other two I can't see the point of  at all but IF the senior signings  Kaminski, Ayala and Douglas turn out well then it'll be a very good window, certainly the best since we've been promoted, not that that's much of a bar to beat and it's certainly not before time either.

This is a totally different season.

Two games a week every week.

The prize goes to a club with a system and a big squad capable of playing it.

Expect many players to be appearing in 20 to 30 games.

• Like 1

Trybul is now the  best thing since sliced bread, I'd genuinely never heard of him until today. Must be a goodun if norwich have let him go.

Douglas if fit could do a job.

Ayala carthorse in my opinion

Dolan top lad

Goalie seems decent

Lets just reserve the celebrations until they all contribute something 

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

Trybul is now the  best thing since sliced bread, I'd genuinely never heard of him until today. Must be a goodun if norwich have let him go.

Dolan top lad

Goalie seems decent

Cmon Sparks mate - have a little bit of optimism about the season.

• Like 6

Just now, RoversClitheroe said:

Cmon Sparks mate - have a little bit of optimism about the season.

To be fair, the window could turn into a very shrewd one, fingers crossed. Not perfect but some clever additions for sure. The main dampner of optimism for me is something that is certainly not a fault of anyone at Rovers, it is that we cant go and see them play!

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, islander200 said:

I stand corrected I'm sure Sharpe did say there was no fee.

Still stand by what I said it's been a very good window on the provision we complete the signings of Trybull and Douglas

Personally, I tend to believe Sharpe over Crooke. Not sure crooke has any more inside knowledge than we have

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Trybull had 14 starts in the premier League last season.Ever present from January in their promotion season.Travis out for a considerable time.Evans never fit.The midfield will need to be rotated with the way we play.

We do need a centre mid.Priority for me was left back and that's all but done.

• Like 9

Class window....

Dolan - Inspired

Ayala - Literally in top 5% champ cb’s

Douglas - Great signing And experience 

Kaminski - Very solid and commanding

stergiakis / Pears - means we have a top 6 Champ gk department.

Mcbride - great potential

Trybull - On others reports seems like fantastic option until Trav gets back and some cover for Johnson. Doesn’t block Buckley. 16 games in the PL last term ??

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

The backtracking has started. Get an early night because tomorrow the hounds of hell will be unleashed on here ?

Now now...don’t cast aspersions on how this board might or might not react tmrw or you may find yourself in hot water ?

25 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Dolan top lad

Goalie seems decent

Trybull was quality for Norwich in their promotion season. Will be a huge asset to us.

Ayala is one of the best centre halves in the league. 

Douglas already has 2 promotions out of this league and by all accounts is a wonderful attacking full back. 

I'm guessing if Whiteman had signed you'd be opening the champagne already!

• Like 5