BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

27 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Trybul is now the  best thing since sliced bread, I'd genuinely never heard of him until today. Must be a goodun if norwich have let him go.

Douglas if fit could do a job.

Ayala carthorse in my opinion

Dolan top lad

Goalie seems decent

Lets just reserve the celebrations until they all contribute something 

Sparks rover football expert and font of all knowledge think we trust Brfc over the above post?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

I can’t really say I know much about trybull however if he does come on loan I hope the club have installed a buy fee. Sick of Fulham taking all our loans that come good 

The great thing with both him and Douglas, they are out of contract next summer.

It's possible to pick them up on a free if they impress, while we're not stuck with they don't

• Like 4

Trybull looks a good bit of business. Loaning a player in his prime rather than an up and comer says to me we are giving it a real go this season. A good replacement for Travis while he’s out.

Debates about starting 11s are beginning to have a bit of a different feel already. We’re spoilt for choice in some areas when everyone is fit. With games coming thick and fast, and the potential issues with testing, squad depth is more important than ever.

• Like 6

I think the window assuming that there are no hiccups with these late deals would be on paper certainly a very promising one.

We had to factory reset the goalkeeping department, there is promise and uncertainty. Ultimately the main signing is Kaminski and he has started promisingly but has had very little to judge on so time will tell for that but happy enough so far. Pears would be a decent standard of back up although unsure how much developing he will do on our bench, but played a decent amount in the Championship last year. The Greek, literally no one knows anything about so impossible to judge, especially as he seems not to be for the first team yet.

Centre back was key, Ayala was one person I suggested at the start of the window and is the most exciting signing because we know what he is about. I felt we needed 2 centre backs but Williams should be competent back up.

Left back was a big priority for me and Douglas again is an upgrade on what we have so a solid addition. My main issue would be that as a loan for a 31 year old, we are just kicking the can a year on, and will have a similar situation as to what we have had with the goalkeeping position this summer. Right back wasnt a priority.

Central midfield, I havent seen as much of Trybull as for example Ayala and Douglas and there is alot of assumptions that he will be a really good signing. His credentials seem solid however and I think in theory having him in front of the back 4 will allow Johnson to move ahead and do what he is strong at (breaking forward) rather than what he is weak at (taking the ball of the defence. Will be interesting to see what our main 3 is when everyone is fit. Downing at this point would be one too many I think as good as he was last year. Saying that, I think we should loan Davenport out.

In central attacking positions we have the assets of 2 goalscorers. The key is getting them both in the same team to suit them both but they are obviously critical. The sooner Dack returns, the better.

My main issue in terms of what we havent done is significantly improved down the sides of the attack. Dolan is a nice bonus but we have no idea how he will do over the course of a season. Brereton still doesnt offer a genuine threat, Gallagher is often shoehorned wide with negative results and Chapman is an enigma.

But overall, the key signing seem to be Kaminski, Ayala and Douglas. So as long as the former maintains his early clean sheets when inevitably tested much more than he has been, and if the latter 2 stay fit and recapture form they have shown at this level before, they should really improve us.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

To summarize your summer’s input: this washed-up manager, who has been clueless in the transfer market and has no idea how to develop young talent has, in a summer where  the scouting network was a flop, he had no pot to piss in and had to sell our Crown Jewels to cover Venkys pulling the plug, assembled a squad so brimming in talent the only thing that will stop us getting promotion is his tactical ineptitude?

Can't see anything wrong with what Mercer said at all. He did predict that there would be a firesale to cover gaps in the finances and none of us would have really been that surprised had that occurred. However, remarkably really in the current climate, the owners appear to have allowed him to retain the crown jewels, and stockpile yet more players despite the fact that seemingly no-one wants our overpaid dross like Evans and Bennett and we're still having to pay Mulgrew £1m p.a. to do nothing.

So yes, I'd agree with Merce that there's no excuse whatsoever for the manager and a repeat of the last two dismal campaigns simply wouldn't be acceptable.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

Trybul is now the  best thing since sliced bread, I'd genuinely never heard of him until today. Must be a goodun if norwich have let him go.

Douglas if fit could do a job.

Ayala carthorse in my opinion

Dolan top lad

Goalie seems decent

Lets just reserve the celebrations until they all contribute something 

Yes God forbid anyone be remotely excited, would be dreadful. 

Edited by JoeH

1 minute ago, pjt said:

Wonder if Lewis Holtby knows Tom Trybull and put in a word?

Doubt it, Germany a big place and can’t seem to find an instance as to when they could’ve played together

25 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

An interesting Norwich fans view on Trybull and how he views Rovers as a team

This seems to be a very objective assessment. All the positives, although with “glass ankles.” He’s not Travis (sadly, out for the year), a different game as a CDM, but I believe he would make a very welcome addition to our club, and complement our existing players very well.

We seem to get 25-35 games out of our players. I hope that’s not the case here, we need to count on these new players to be strong performers, not just minimal contributors, if we hope to make a serious playoff push. 

Edited by WacoRover
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

An interesting Norwich fans view on Trybull and how he views Rovers as a team

Aside from the vomit-inducing over the top brown nosing for likes (these tubers know what ther're doing), interesting to hear.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

We had to factory reset the goalkeeping department, there is promise and uncertainty.

Why uncertainty? 

We have signed Kaminski who has top division experience plus Europa League experience 

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

My main issue in terms of what we havent done is significantly improved down the sides of the attack

The priority this summer transfer window was to bring in 2 keeper, centre back and left back assuring Douglas signs here tomorrow. Which has been done. Brereton is improving. Dolan and Chapman have been given a good opportunity to seize their chance. Plus Joe Rankin Costello. There is a pathway for our young players into the 1st team now 

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 3