BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

2 hours ago, islander200 said:

Trybull had 14 starts in the premier League last season.Ever present from January in their promotion season.Travis out for a considerable time.Evans never fit.The midfield will need to be rotated with the way we play.

We do need a centre mid.Priority for me was left back and that's all but done.

I'll let Davenport move on. 

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Why uncertainty? 

We have signed Kaminski who has top diversion experience plus Europa League experience 

The priority this summer transfer window was to bring in 2 keeper, centre back and left back assuring Douglas signs here tomorrow. Which has been done. Brereton is improving. Dolan and Chapman have been given a good opportunity to seize their chance. Plus Joe Rankin Costello. There is a pathway for our young players into the 1st team now 

Uncertainty in us possibly not having enough information to be able to predict with any great certainty how these players will play out over the course of the season with limited to no knowledge of them prior, when judging our recruitment at this stage.

I touched in my summary that the main 3 areas have been recruited in, you have focused on the one area I feel we have not recruited sufficiently in although I have been over the fact that from wide areas, I am not sure between Brereton, Chapman, Gallagher, Rothwell, Rankin Costello and Dolan, that there will be enough supplementary goal threat and creativity between them all in wide areas.

21 hours ago, BRFC_Polky said:

Bizarre signing if true. I thought we’d filled the back-up option with the signing of Stergiakis. Maybe Fisher along with Hilton or Eastham go out on loan with Stergiakis playing for the U23’s?

Rovers in Bizarre Signing 

How many times would this headline have been appropriate over the last 8 years?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

Uncertainty in us possibly not having enough information to be able to predict with any great certainty how these players will play out over the course of the season with limited to no knowledge of them prior, when judging our recruitment at this stage.

I touched in my summary that the main 3 areas have been recruited in, you have focused on the one area I feel we have not recruited sufficiently in although I have been over the fact that from wide areas, I am not sure between Brereton, Chapman, Gallagher, Rothwell, Rankin Costello and Dolan, that there will be enough supplementary goal threat and creativity between them all in wide areas.

Got to trust Mowbray and his staff with Kaminski. Been impressed so far with his overall game. 

Well give them proper opportunity instead of blocking their path way is the right well. Dolan, Rankin Costello and Chapman should be given the season. I have confidence in them to perform when need. 

We creating plenty of chances so far. Let's continue this now

• Like 1

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Got to trust Mowbray and his staff with Kaminski. Been impressed so far with his overall game. 

Well give them proper opportunity instead of blocking their path way is the right well. Dolan, Rankin Costello and Chapman should be given the season. I have confidence in them to perform when need. 

If the line is just to trust Mowbray in his staff, then there is no point in the transfer thread. I was summarising my own personal opinions and in cases whereby players were unknown to me prior to the transfer window, I just wanted to explain that my opinion is based mainly on a few games early in their Rovers career which is not big enough a sample size to overly praise or criticise.

Like I said, I think we could have done with a wide man with more of a track record of performing, scoring and assisting at this level. 

It is the same as in midfield. If a new wide man would block the progress of Dolan/Brereton/Chapman, then Trybull and indeed Downing will do likewise especially to Buckley and even to Davenport? It would be hypocritical to endorse signing Trybull who adds a body in front of Buckley and Davenport yet also endorse not signing a winger in case it reduces the game time of Dolan, Brereton and Chapman.

You have to balance promise and quality for the here and now. Coming into this season, Buckley, Davenport, Chapman, Dolan, Brereton etc all came under the category of promising but in no way proven to play a key role for a team with the aspirations we have this season. If any of these youngsters impress enough they can play plenty with some of the more seasoned players, there are 2 wings and 3 central midfielders for a start. Trybull for me is a welcome addition and I would have liked one more out wide ideally.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Kaminski has looked good so far, there are times you think he should probably catch it but the main thing is he never palms the ball into trouble in them situations, he palms it clear. I think the Big Belgian will be good for us ??

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Class window....

Dolan - Inspired

Ayala - Literally in top 5% champ cb’s

Douglas - Great signing And experience 

Kaminski - Very solid and commanding

stergiakis / Pears - means we have a top 6 Champ gk department.

Mcbride - great potential

Trybull - On others reports seems like fantastic option until Trav gets back and some cover for Johnson. Doesn’t block Buckley. 16 games in the PL last term ??

Has done well particularly given limited cash.

So, if we don't make TOP 6 at least, no excuses eh?

• Like 4

Kaminski

Nyambe, Lenihan, Ayala, Douglas 

Johnson, Holtby, Rothwell

Dolan, Arma, Brereton

Stergiakis / Pears

JRC, Williams, Wharton / Magloire, Bell

Travis, Buckley, Davenport / Trybull 

Chapman, Gallagher, Dack

Plus potentially Downing, with Vale, McBride, Brennan, Butterworth and a few others looking good behind them in the U23s

I've probably missed some, and there's a couple of assumptions and a couple of square pegs in there too, but overall I'd say any combination of the above two 11s has a chance of matching anything else in this division this season.

Reasons to be hopeful I think.

• Like 2

• Moderation Lead
48 minutes ago, Ben Frost said:

Really useful attribute. Getting to Brockhall can be a nightmare if there's a problem on the A59

Can tell you live in the RV....

They love a set of temporary lights in Langho!

5 minutes ago, 47er said:

So, if we don't make TOP 6 at least, no excuses eh?

That’s the thing now. I do agree it’s been a good window based on what we’ve seen so far from our new signings, plus the reputation of those we’re going to be signing.

So after a window of strengthening, Mowbray being allowed to keep who he wants (as he’s always been able to do) and two previous years of ‘stability’ - expectation has to be high. 

Edited by frosty
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Atko's Engine said:

Kaminski

Nyambe, Lenihan, Ayala, Douglas 

Johnson, Holtby, Rothwell

Dolan, Arma, Brereton

Stergiakis / Pears

JRC, Williams, Wharton / Magloire, Bell

Travis, Buckley, Davenport / Trybull 

Chapman, Gallagher, Dack

Plus potentially Downing, with Vale, McBride, Brennan, Butterworth and a few others looking good behind them in the U23s

I've probably missed some, and there's a couple of assumptions and a couple of square pegs in there too, but overall I'd say any combination of the above two 11s has a chance of matching anything else in this division this season.

Reasons to be hopeful I think.

Yeah agree, definitely reasons to be hopefull, feeling Brennan from u23s could be the next one to break through, impressed every time I’ve seen him.

If we sign both of these tomorrow, you have to say a decent window without having too much dosh to throw around.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, unsall said:

Yeah agree, definitely reasons to be hopefull, feeling Brennan from u23s could be the next one to break through, impressed every time I’ve seen him.

If we sign both of these tomorrow, you have to say a decent window without having too much dosh to throw around.

Investment in the academy to thank for that .

Edited by rhodie

Looking like the best transfer window we’ve had in a while. I won’t lie I’m actually quite optimistic about the season ahead! That being said though my only worry is if Arma was to get injured we don’t have anyone to replace his goals or even a fraction of them up top, Brereton and Gallagher are poor backup options striker wise but hey ho, top six here we come lads ?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Butty said:

Looking like the best transfer window we’ve had in a while. I won’t lie I’m actually quite optimistic about the season ahead! That being said though my only worry is if Arma was to get injured we don’t have anyone to replace his goals or even a fraction of them up top, Brereton and Gallagher are poor backup options striker wise but hey ho, top six here we come lads ?

Don't forget Dack, he does score goals, not the pace of Armstrong but quality...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, unsall said:

Don't forget Dack, he does score goals, not the pace of Armstrong but quality...

Depending on when he's back and if he comes back fit and firing straightaway. I would rather have brought in a striker on loan until January than another midfielder but hopefully Armstrong stays fit and it doesn't matter.