BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

Having one proven performer and plenty of promising players around that all fighting for 2 places is surely a good thing?

1 proven performer?

Dolan and Brereton been good so far.

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Also, why dont you have a problem with Trybull coming in and potentially pushing Buckley and Davenport further away from the first team? Wheres the consistency? Or do you not want him?

I dont know much About Trybull at all. Or the type of player he is. So cant comment. You will remember me saying I felt we didnt need another one and I wanted Left back in as the main priority. I want to Buckley play more and more. He will very good player for this. Which will happen this season. Davenport is a strange one. Never had the chance. 

37 minutes ago, O'Malley said:

I reckon that having a decent transfer budget gives the club's that have that an advantage over those that dont. We appear to have recruited very well and it could be argued that the manager has played a role in that and deserves some credit. I've seen some posts that suggest that Mowbray now has to deliver a play off spot which disregards other clubs that have brought in players and had the advantage of being able to pay substantial transfer fees.

It should but from what I've seen over the years It doesn't always necessarily play out like that. Look at Cardiff, Burnley, Sheff United, Leicester... Didn't spent vast amounts of money. Then look at Derby, Waghorn for 8 Mill, Lawrence for 11 Mill, big wages on Rooney... They look garbage. Just because you sign a player on a free in last year of his contract doesn't mean they're worse than a player who goes for x amount of millions. 

When we come up against a side, I often ask myself, who in our squad would swap in theirs like for like? Granted I have a bias but there are never many players I would swap. What's been lacking is certain mentality of player and I think in Ayala, Johnson, Douglas and perhaps Trybul we may finally have that. If you look at that Norwich fans short video when he discusses our squad, he goes through our side and almost seems to be surprised at the amount of quality in there when you give it thought. I remember Merson saying the same on Soccer Saturday. Many of our players would leave for decent fee's, we have to start realising and fulfilling our potential. This has to be the best chance we've had since we've been down here, the league is open, we have to go for it and I don't just mean the playoffs....

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Atko's Engine said:

Kaminski

Nyambe, Lenihan, Ayala, Douglas 

Johnson, Holtby, Rothwell

Dolan, Arma, Brereton

Stergiakis / Pears

JRC, Williams, Wharton / Magloire, Bell

Travis, Buckley, Davenport / Trybull 

Chapman, Gallagher, Dack

Plus potentially Downing, with Vale, McBride, Brennan, Butterworth and a few others looking good behind them in the U23s

I've probably missed some, and there's a couple of assumptions and a couple of square pegs in there too, but overall I'd say any combination of the above two 11s has a chance of matching anything else in this division this season.

Reasons to be hopeful I think.

That's actually 2 teams that would hold their own in the Championship - it would be half decent match watching them play each other,

wouldnt allow the 'second team' to play with 14 though - Pears, Magloire, and Davenport have to be ballboys for the day......[they can fetch Gally's shots from the trees].

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, islander200 said:

So Brereton had been useless THIS season?Nonsense

He's playing in the front 3 in a team that has been scoring scoring goals for fun and he is still yet to register a goal or even an assist this season. The only reason people think that he is doing well is because he has been so bad that expectations for him couldn't be lower.

• Like 3

• Backroom
3 minutes ago, Ruaney said:

How many good performances does Brereton need before he doesn't get labelled as useless anymore? Yes, he's not banging in the goals but he is playing extremely well on the left. 

I think the end product needs to come to get that monkey off his back, just chipping in now and then even 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

He's playing in the front 3 in a team that has been scoring scoring goals for fun and he is still yet to register a goal or even an assist this season. The only reason people think that he is doing well is because he has been so bad that expectations for him couldn't be lower.

Did he not assist Dolan's goal against Derby?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

He has played a crucial role in many of our goals this season and has played well.It is nonsense to suggest otherwise.Not blinded at all

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Tom said:

I think the end product needs to come to get that monkey off his back, just chipping in now and then even 

Yeah, I can see that. I think he's had to change the way he approached the game before COVID so hopefully that side will come as time passes. He has been a completely different animal post-lockdown. A goal would do him the world of good because we did buy him as a striker but playing where he is now, we don't need 15-20 out of him. 5-10 would be nice! 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Pete O'Rourke reckons us and Millwall trying to challenge Middlesbrough for Yannick Bolasie but he prefers Middlesbrough 

I actually wrote something about Bolasie a few weeks ago, but deleted it before posting as it sounded far too fetched.

So whilst I believe it to be genuine, I believe this is our token deadline day "we bid (X-75%) and other team bid (X)" deal... a la Freeman, Reed etc.