BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

Wow Harvey Elliott would be a top tier pull at this stage, I assumed he hadn't gone anywhere as he was going to get time for Liverpool this season. He's that good. 

I don't know anything about Elliott or his abilities. A little concerned that we are 'hoping to persuade him' to make the switch. He's 17 and hardly played football at a competitive level. I wouldn't be wasting much time persuading him. If he wants to come and try to get in our team then fine.

On another note I find it interesting that those clubs doing the most or significant business today appear to be those backed by the wealthiest of owners. Perhaps those most immune to the lockdown or those most able to have a gamble on promotion. Ourselves, Forest, Wednesday, Cardiff all looking like doing decent business but very quiet elsewhere at the less well funded clubs.

Come 5pm I might just be heading over to the PNE forums for some light reading.

Edited by JHRover
  • Like 3

So, no cash injection from the Venky's and Mowbray's been pulling our legs all along with talk of 'one player or 2 loans'? Or last minute funding similar to 2 summers ago?

Just now, pick32 said:

Why does everyone think Harvey Elliott is amazing? He has a handful of senior appearances, I don’t don’t know anything about the lad but surely can’t make big statements on seeing maybe 2 or 3 matches in the league cup

Watch the games bud.

1 minute ago, pick32 said:

Why does everyone think Harvey Elliott is amazing? He has a handful of senior appearances, I don’t don’t know anything about the lad but surely can’t make big statements on seeing maybe 2 or 3 matches in the league cup

Looks like a quicker Grealish, seriously.

I've not seen a lot of him myself but I live in Liverpool and he's really well thought of with their fans. Trains with the first team and was expected to be challenging for minutes this season, albeit most likely in cup games. It's a great move for him to get more game time (assuming he's good enough to oust our current options).

1 minute ago, WacoRover said:

Rovers may or may not get in playoffs, or push for promotion. But these moves show a keen interest in building the roster to be big time. We’ve got everything on our wish list, and more, if Harv Elliott joins. I’m very excited about the Rest of the season.

They are all loans mate, as we know its shit or bust for Mowbray now.  He will need to start again in the summer.  Tonys last roll of the dice 

Edited by Sparks Rover
  • Like 2

Just now, RoverKyle said:

I've not seen a lot of him myself but I live in Liverpool and he's really well thought of with their fans. Trains with the first team and was expected to be challenging for minutes this season, albeit most likely in cup games. It's a great move for him to get more game time (assuming he's good enough to oust our current options).

Ideal replacement for Brereton on the left of the front three if we sign him ??

• Like 2

Why does everyone think Harvey Elliott is amazing? 

Because when transfer windows come round, no-one ever suggests we sign a particular player but as soon as we are linked with them, no matter how obscure the player is, all of a sudden everyone knows their life history, inside leg measurement and solemnly declares they are the greatest keeper/defender/midfielder/attacker ever to lace up a pair of boots and we absolutely must have them!

?

• Like 1