BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

2 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Because when transfer windows come round, no-one ever suggests we sign a particular player but as soon as we are linked with them, no matter how obscure the player is, all of a sudden everyone knows their life history, inside leg measurement and solemnly declares they are the greatest keeper/defender/midfielder/attacker ever to lace up a pair of boots and we absolutely must have them!

?

Harvey Elliott is hardly "obscure". 

He's one of the most highly rated young players in the country!

• Like 1

Elliott would be an interesting one. Not proven by any means, but a very exciting talent whenever I have seen him.

I am not of the opinion whereby you ignore opportunities to try and develop your own, there is no reason why we can't do both and I am not convinced regarding our current options over the course of a season. 

Obviously a third loan is not ideal but it seems that we are shaping up for a season whereby the focus is on promotion this season.

1 minute ago, Sparks Rover said:

They are all loans mate, as we know its shit or bust for Mowbray now.  He will need to start again in the summer.  Tonys last roll of the dice 

Must admit, I assumed Douglas was going to be a permanent signing. Disappointed it's a loan as if he does well we'll probably be priced out of a permanent move for him and we'll be back to square one again.

Not if he helps us get promoted though.

• Like 1

All managers know there is a season every so often where everything just comes into line and you have a really good chance of promotion.  I suspect Mowbray has told the owners that this is the season for us, based on the start we have had and the way the squad is performing together, and said I just need x, y & z to give us the depth we need, and they have said "go for it".

He knows that in this league you only a get a one season window to make it happen (two if you are lucky) before your best players get snapped up by PL clubs and you have to start over to build again ( which is where Brentford now are, having messed up their chance last season).

Going to be an interesting season ...lots of £10 payments to iFollow to come.

Edited by TonyM
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

So, no cash injection from the Venky's and Mowbray's been pulling our legs all along with talk of 'one player or 2 loans'? Or last minute funding similar to 2 summers ago?

Something has definitely changed over the last few days that’s for sure

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Must admit, I assumed Douglas was going to be a permanent signing. Disappointed it's a loan as if he does well we'll probably be priced out of a permanent move for him and we'll be back to square one again.

His contract is up at the end of the season, when he will be 32.

He’s out of contract next summer Rev so don’t worry about that. Get excited ;) 

3 minutes ago, Tugay-is-God said:

Harvey Elliott is hardly "obscure". 

He's one of the most highly rated young players in the country!

Sorry, I don't make a habit of watching Liverpool's Carabao Cup games or under 23 matches. Must try harder I suppose.

He wasn't a name on anyone's lips yesterday though unless I missed it.........

5 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

He’s out of contract in the summer ?

5 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

He is out of contract at the end of season if things work out between player and club no reason it can't become permanent

Just now, pick32 said:

Hope we can get Mulgrew, a keeper, davenport a couple cbs and maybe even Buckley out on loan till jan the squads looking big now. Great window though mr Mowbray ?

I do hope we can manage to sort loans out for the likes of Magloire, Carter and Davenport they aren't going to get any game time here and need to start playing men's football regularly.

I do wonder if he might try to shift Bennett out the door if we can get a wide man as it will only push him further away from the team and he must be on a decent wage.

• Like 1

Sorry, I don't make a habit of watching Liverpool's Carabao Cup games or under 23 matches. Must try harder I suppose.

He wasn't a name on anyone's lips yesterday though unless I missed it.........

I don't think anyone was expecting him to be available. Shaqiri by all accounts was expected to leave, which would've meant Elliott staying within the first team squad at Liverpool.

7 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Don’t listen to that guy pal. You’re better than that.

8 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

31 years old and out of contract at the end of the season. 

Just now, islander200 said:

He is out of contract at the end of season if things work out between player and club no reason it can't become permanent

So......is he out of contract in the summer then? 

?

I know all that, but if he does particularly well presumably he'll attract a great deal of interest as a free agent and we might miss out.