BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

10 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

They are all loans mate, as we know its shit or bust for Mowbray now.  He will need to start again in the summer.  Tonys last roll of the dice 

True, but it’s about winning now, and we’re getting these players during economic lean times. Besides, aren’t Douglas & Trybull out of contract at year’s end?

The owners could’ve negated any deals, saying, “look at us, we’re already in a playoff place, lead the league with a +8 goal diff”, etc. This is a good faith effort on their part. I hope we see great results, but if not, we can’t say they didn’t try. Right now, I’m not worried about what happens in summer, we needed a shot in the arm now. 

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

So......is he out of contract in the summer then? 

?

I know all that, but if he does particularly well presumably he'll attract a great deal of interest as a free agent and we might miss out.

Yeah but why would he sign a permanent deal now when In less than 12 month time he can assess his options.

As good a signing as he is he is 31 and has had injury issues let's see how the season goes for him and us ,loan is sensible to me

3 minutes ago, RoverKyle said:

I don't think anyone was expecting him to be available. Shaqiri by all accounts was expected to leave, which would've meant Elliott staying within the first team squad at Liverpool.

Thanks, hope he comes in if he's as good as everyone says and will be a fairly regular starter.

If he doesn't get any game time, don't see the point.

• Like 1

It's been a very good window so far, and we should be up there in the play off places, and not have one of those bad runs of losses. However, not getting promoted could lead to a difficult financial situation, and a few good players being sold. It's a bit of a do or die situation.

Edited by Norbert Rassragr
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

It's been a very good window so far, and we should be up there in the play off places, and not have one of those bad runs of losses. However, not getting promoted could lead to a difficult financial situation, and a few good players being sold. It's a bit of a do or die situation.

Kaminski - £450,000
Stergiakis - £100,000
Trybull - Loan
Douglas - Loan
Dolan - Free
Ayala - Free
Elliott? - Loan

Hardly spent enough to warrant panic if we don't get promotion. In-fact with all of our outgoings, the likes of Smallwood, Mulgrew, Samuel, Hart, Leutwiler, I bet our net spend has barely gone up from last season. 

4 minutes ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

We've got saleable assets. Not the ideal answer, but Dack/Armstrong (if he hits 20 this season) will bring in around £30million alone.

2 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Kaminski - £450,000
Stergiakis - £100,000
Trybull - Loan
Douglas - Loan
Dolan - Free
Ayala - Free
Elliott? - Loan

Hardly spent enough to warrant panic if we don't get promotion. In-fact with all of our outgoings, the likes of Smallwood, Mulgrew, Samuel, Hart, Leutwiler, I bet our net spend has barely gone up from last season. 

You are forgetting the fact that the club has had very little income in the 7 months and that is unlikely to change in the foreseeable future.

2 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Kaminski - £450,000
Stergiakis - £100,000
Trybull - Loan
Douglas - Loan
Dolan - Free
Ayala - Free
Elliott? - Loan

I'm a natural pessimist, so with no crowds generating income, another season in this division could end up a repeat of when Bowyer sold of Gestede and so on, and we end up getting the next Wes and Chris Brown.

5 minutes ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

This is all true. I understand the situation; but there was really no gain in standing a pat hand. We all know the disappointments of the last 10 years, I think many of us simply don’t want to get excited, for fear of suffering yet another disappointment. 

I’ve got to be excited right now. These moves help us. We’re at least moving in the right direction. if we win, the future takes care of itself. At this moment, I don’t want to think about the alternative. 

3 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Kaminski - £450,000
Stergiakis - £100,000
Trybull - Loan
Douglas - Loan
Dolan - Free
Ayala - Free
Elliott? - Loan

Reported as no initial outlay for Greek fella - all performance based. 

Just now, Norbert Rassragr said:

I'm a natural pessimist, so with no crowds generating income, another season in this division could end up a repeat of when Bowyer sold of Gestede and so on, and we end up getting the next Wes and Chris Brown.

Tbf ffp will have to be relaxed or half the league will fall under embargo

32 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

I do wonder if he might try to shift Bennett out the door if we can get a wide man as it will only push him further away from the team and he must be on a decent wage.

Bennett is out injured for at least a month.  Not sure who would want to sign him before January.  

Just now, Norbert Rassragr said:

I probably don't want to be disappointed, so I'm not expecting anything despite a good window and a good squad.

Gotta have some faith (in best Oddball voice from Kelly’s Heroes). I tell you what, I will pull you out of the doldrums now, and you can pull me up later, deal? lol