BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

6 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Is a 17-year-old going to be picked over Holtby, Johnson, Rothwell, Travis (when fit), the Norwich lad, and all the other experienced midfield players on the books?

I don't think so....unless Liverpool have a clause in the deal guaranteeing him game time. 

Elliott will play one of the wide roles in the front 3. Which is the area where we are weakest.

Edited by Ewood Ace
  • Like 5

Just now, jim mk2 said:

Is a 17-year-old going to be picked over Holtby, Johnson, Rothwell, Travis (when fit), the Norwich lad, and all the other experienced midfield players on the books?

I don't think so....unless Liverpool have a clause in the deal guaranteeing him game time. 

Depends if said 17 year old is good enough. Jude Bellingham was a regular in the league for Birmingham at 17.....then signed for Dortmund for £25m. I'd hazard a guess that Elliott is good enough.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jim mk2 said:

He's a winger isn't he?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

You've just named a series of players that don't play in the same position as him. He's an attacking midfielder and primarily plays on the wing. So he's going to be challenging Brereton, Dolan, Chapman & Gallagher (if we persist in playing him out wide) for a starting spot.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

He’s a winger mate. Keep up will ya

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, superniko said:

Depends if said 17 year old is good enough. Jude Bellingham was a regular in the league for Birmingham at 17.....then signed for Dortmund for £25m. I'd hazard a guess that Elliott is good enough.

If he were in that sort of bracket he wouldn't be on loan to us. 

1 minute ago, RoverKyle said:

You've just named a series of players that don't play in the same position as him. He's an attacking midfielder and primarily plays on the wing. So he's going to be challenging Brereton, Dolan, Chapman & Gallagher (if we persist in playing him out wide) for a starting spot.

There's going to be an awful lot of unhappy players in Mowbray's squad. As someone has pointed out, Mowbray can only pick 11.

On the other hand, the bran tub of Tony's Tombola has just got even deeper.

Stand by for more chopping and changing and different tactics every week to try and keep the camp happy.  

9 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Liverpool known for those sort of clauses, He will have to play a certain of of games or there’s a fee involved, I find it very clever

11 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

No but he will play out wide 

• Like 1

Hope we manage to get the Liverpool lad done in time, for some strange reason he's the one of today's signings I'm most excited about.

We've gone from having a 34 year old spearheading the attack to potentially having two outstanding young talents with a combined age of 35 providing much of our threat.

Much more like it.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

If he were in that sort of bracket he wouldn't be on loan to us. 

There's going to be an awful lot of unhappy players in Mowbray's squad. As someone has pointed out, Mowbray can only pick 11.

On the other hand, the bran tub of Tony's Tombola has just got even deeper.

Stand by for more chopping and changing and different tactics every week to try and keep the camp happy.  

Jesus Christ, are you being negative to play devils advocate? If we’d signed nobody you’d be complaining that we have too small of a squad

• Like 5