BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

43 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Is a 17-year-old going to be picked over Holtby, Johnson, Rothwell, Travis (when fit), the Norwich lad, and all the other experienced midfield players on the books?

I don't think so....unless Liverpool have a clause in the deal guaranteeing him game time. 

No one can guarantee game time, but some clubs want a fee if  the player doesn’t play  a set number of games, very good loan signing.

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Chelsea probably thought the same about Palmer. Just saying

Be extremely harsh on Dolan if he has to split time on the pitch with this lad after the way he's played

Elliott mainly plays on the left but can play right across the attacking positions in midfield. 

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Be extremely harsh on Dolan if he has to split time on the pitch with this lad after the way he's played

I’d say rotating Dolan and Elliott at 18 and 17 respectively is a fantastic option...

• Like 9

Just now, JacknOry said:

Elliott mainly plays on the left but can play right across the attacking positions in midfield. 

E

Elliot a far superior player to Palmer even at 17

• Like 2

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

I agree about Dolan - but with so many mid week games, it would be difficult to keep fitness levels up. Though I don't normally like it - rotation will be important this season.

Elliott has to be registered in the 25- he is on loan. 

Dolan is under age so doesn't have to be.

Then it is a question of under 21 when?

Buckley and JRC have both just had their 21st birthdays. If the cut off is the nominal start on the 20/21 season, they can both be treated as under aged.

Hayden Carter Carter is still under 21, Scott Wharton isnt.

Players who are 21 whose birthdays were before 30 June include Stergiakis and Davenport

Edited by philipl

2 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Good to hear. 

If he slots in on the left with Dolan on the right which I'd like to see that would be harsh on Brereton who has also started well but if he's even better so be it, there shouldn't be any sentiment in football and that's where Mowbray has gone wrong over the last couple of seasons imo.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Vilesinner said:

I'd expect the young Greek lad and Fisher to go out on loan.

Can't see how we are loaning the Greek. It would be to a league below and I doubt they're scouting Bulgaria down there. They won't know who the fuck he is so they're not gonna rely on him to keep goal. Fisher loan meant to be up in the air last I heard.

41 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

If he were in that sort of bracket he wouldn't be on loan to us. 

There's going to be an awful lot of unhappy players in Mowbray's squad. As someone has pointed out, Mowbray can only pick 11.

On the other hand, the bran tub of Tony's Tombola has just got even deeper.

Stand by for more chopping and changing and different tactics every week to try and keep the camp happy.  

TM has already said he has a decent squad but  light on numbers, he’s rectified that, there will be injuries, squad numbers about right, with probably a couple going out on loan, as well as Charlie going to Fleetwood.

Very decent window, with a mixture of permanent, loans, experienced and young ‘uns..

Only slight disappointment is that Josh King didn’t go anywhere..

Good to hear. 

If he slots in on the left with Dolan on the right which I'd like to see that would be harsh on Brereton who has also started well but if he's even better so be it, there shouldn't be any sentiment in football and that's where Mowbray has gone wrong over the last couple of seasons imo.

Horses for courses gives us options which will be needed over a season. 

Kaminski - REG
Pears - REG
Stergiakis - U21
Eastham - U21
Hilton - UNREG?
Fisher - UNREG?

Bennett - REG
Nyambe - REG
JRC - REG
Lenihan - REG
Ayala - REG
Williams - REG
Wharton - REG
Bell - REG
Douglas - REG
Magloire - U21
Carter - U21

Travis - REG
Johnson - REG
Trybull - REG
Holtby - REG
Evans - REG
Davenport - REG
Buckley - U21
Dolan - U21
Rothwell - REG
Dack - REG
Chapman - REG

Brereton - REG
Armstrong - REG
Gallagher - REG
McBride - U21
Butterworth - U21
Vale - U21
Brennan - U21

Elliott (if registered) takes us to 24, with one spot left I think?

This is a good window if it all happens. We gave gone from worrying about having proper  cover to who plays where. This signals a strong push with two new players  from promoted clubs, a class act from Liverpool, and an experienced goalie as cover and ability to push for a first team place. Plus hopefully none of our stars moving out. 

if we are going to make a push, this is the time. Integrating four players can be a challenge but it’s a good problem to have. 

2 minutes ago, A Northern Horde... said:

Very encouraging signings...have the Punatics finally decided their baby needs looking after?

Very harsh. You can't really accuse the owners of not backing Mowbray since he's been here.

Following relegation to League 1, no high earners sold, Dack and numerous signings in, Armstrong in on loan in Jan to seal the deal.

1st season back, £7m on BB, £3m on AA. Numerous other loans. No pressure to sell.

2nd season back £5m on Gallagher numerous other loans. No pressure to sell.

Middle of a pandemic, Ayala will be on big money by our standards, numerous other players in, no pressure to sell.

We just need Mowbray to perform a lot better than he's done since we were promoted now. 

• Like 9