BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

6 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

Game changing window. Harvey Elliot - the coup of the day. Didn't expect that one at the start of the day. 

Overall, I'd say us and Forest have been the biggest winners in this window and look very strong. Forest have made some cracking signings. Brentford have probably been the biggest losers. 

Pffffft - don’t suggest anything other than a Brentford masterclass pal. Watkins and Benrahma for £60m vs Ivan Toney and a couple of others...and a guaranteed to finish above us apparently...?

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

A window in which on paper the manager has utilised fairly limited resources very capably, with 2 fees of under half a million, 3 freebies and 3 loans, and it warrants asking to welcome back the idiots owners!

20201016_192854.jpg

I don't care if they spend £100 million in the next window, that's not going to happen. My respect and loyalty are not for sale. 

Edited by Commondore
  • Like 5

I know it’s too early to say and trust me  I am old enough to know better but this window really has got me buzzing , I genuinely think this (if all our main players stay fit) team/squad  is promotion material .

its the best window we’ve had since PL days , when we got related and signed the likes of Murphy Etuhu Rhodes etc I was initially very confident of promotion even though “he” was manager ,  obviously that went to rat shit but this feels even more promising It’s just a bloody shame we won’t be there to watch it 

• Like 8

38 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

What a busy transfer deadline day for Rovers. 4 in and 2 out. 

Trybull I dont know much about him tbh..is he ball winning midfielder or passing one? 

Douglas is a good signing. Worried about his injuries but hopefully that does happen here. 

Elliott. Isn't he a left footed winger who played on the right wing? Surprise we gone for a winger tbh considering the 6 options already we got. 

Signing Pears maybe sense now Fisher gone. Fisher needed to leave and play somewhere. Hopefully that happens now for him

6 wing options? Chaddy, If Elliott takes Breretons spot on the left of that front three then it’s a definite improvement?? He’s played on the left and the right from what I’ve read so that’s good. 

Just now, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

@Sparks Rover is the mastermind behind that ruse. Sparks is also Ben Whiteman...who was also on the grassy knoll when JFK was shot. This shit runs deep. 

It’s all good fun and taken lightly, but you really shouldn’t talk people out of posting what they hear. It’s not always right. It’s often in fact, nonsense. But sometimes it’s right and we will always encourage people to post rumours on sometimes being often enough. 

Just now, J*B said:

It’s all good fun and taken lightly, but you really shouldn’t talk people out of posting what they hear. It’s not always right. It’s often in fact, nonsense. But sometimes it’s right and we will always encourage people to post rumours on sometimes being often enough. 

Not sure if this is aimed at me but I wasn't talking anyone out of posting anything. And none of this should be taken seriously. If anyone has a genuine problem with anyone on here then they need to have a good hard look at themselves. 

23 minutes ago, JoeH said:

What you reckon to Douglas mate? You happy with that one or would you have preferred Cunningham?

Im worried about injury proneness a little with him, and lacks a bit of speed, but IMO the creativity and set pieces more than make up for it

He is one of the signings that I would say I am most happy with. Ayala is the main one for me, the one I am most confident on but I am happy with Douglas.

The injuries are of course a concern and I would have preferred Cunningham, who also has injury conerns. Also, my worry is that we are in a similar position to in net a year ago, in 12 months we havent got a left back, Douglas will be a free agent but also 32. But I am happy with his signing, I think he is a big upgrade, he also can give us good set pieces which is a bonus. I dont think pace is critical and he will be an attacking threat.

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

A window in which on paper the manager has utilised fairly limited resources very capably, with 2 fees of under half a million, 3 freebies and 3 loans, and it warrants asking to welcome back the idiots owners!

20201016_192854.jpg

I certainly does. They are losing a fortune supporting us. We only need to look at Wigan and Bolton to see what could happen.

6 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Not sure if this is aimed at me but I wasn't talking anyone out of posting anything. And none of this should be taken seriously. If anyone has a genuine problem with anyone on here then they need to have a good hard look at themselves. 

The constant berating of Sparks off the back of something he’s been told and shared us pretty dull. He got told something, it didn’t happen, end of story. I would encourage him to post next time he hears something, too. 

1 minute ago, J*B said:

The constant berating of Sparks off the back of something he’s been told and shared us pretty dull. He got told something, it didn’t happen, end of story. I would encourage him to post next time he hears something, too. 

It was you who said he'd signed, Sparks was asked, rung his mate and came back and denied it. Not sure what your point is?

It's also Sparks who slags off every player Rovers have and constantly bigs up Whiteman...to the point it's become a bit of a standing joke. Maybe Sparks should be less 'dull' when slagging players like Buckley off (who play in Whiteman's position). 

Edited by Hoochie Bloochie Mama

49 minutes ago, RoverKyle said:

Intrigued to know who our existing 6 options for the wing are.

I meant 6 players for the front 3 positions. My apologies. 

Armstrong, Dolan, Brereton, Dack, Gallagher, Chapman were the 6 options I was talking about. Now we have Elliott.

35 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Its a strange do if chaddy is called negative after a signing spree!

To be fair to him, he said beforehand that he didnt want a winger and he is sticking to that opinion. Disagreed at the time and still do but fair play for not changing his opinion ?

Me being negative? ?

Thanks for the comments 

Well surprising sums up this window but for once it's maybe more positive than negative. 

Firstly the negatives - i'm really not sure why Pears signed. I mean it's going to be detrimental to either his or the Greek lad as only one keeper can be number 2 so not sure what is going on there. The only consolation is that given Kaminski and the Greek lad both are from overseas and therefore carry a bit of risk of not adapting (although I like what I've seen and heard about both of them) I guess you could say it's an additional security of having a keeper adapted to this league. Still seems a bit like a favour to a mate though. 

The other negative is it's a lot of loans, which means a potential reset next season. I get it was a hard one of either one in permanently or a couple on loan, and we had a lot of spaces to be filled so I can see why they went for that option. However I do feel it means there's a fair bit of rebuild next season. 

The positives. We've hugely improved on left back. Exactly the quality needed, a top 6 Championship left back. Excellent move. It gives us a pretty strong back line and first 11. Exactly what was needed. 

Also I said we needed numbers and we got numbers. I felt we were short of defensive cover, centre mid and on the wing and two of those three were filled. Ok I guess all three were but I would have liked an extra defender on top of a left back. However, this is a minor gripe as all three positions that were identified as weakness were addressed. Again, that's a big positive. 

The Liverpool lad I feel will either be a big flop or a huge success. He could however be a masterstroke and wildcard. So long as it's not your main option (which I don't feel it is) a wildcard like this may be the difference between playoffs and not. Certainly compared with Chapman I think the Liverpool lad may turn out to be a stronger option and we certainly could've done with that X factor Vs Cardiff. I'm pleased we now have that wildcard option. 

No idea about the Norwich chap but a midfielder which was needed, and seems to have decent pedigree so may be an astute move. That said Evans got promoted with Hull, so no guarentee of success, but again it seems like a solid move. 

Overall I think it was a good window. Not ideal but with no money could we have done better?.I'm not sure we could have. It seems a nice mix of youngsters and experience with few ageing players which may improve the success rate of TMs transfers. Not getting carried away but feeling much more pleased and optimistic than I thought I would. 

• Like 1

Just now, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

It was you who said he'd signed, Sparks was asked, rung his mate and came back and denied it. Not sure what your point is?

No, it was me that said I had been told he was signing. He didn’t. 
My point is, the criticism of Sparks by you - and others - is immature and discourages people from posting things on here, which can sometimes be right. I’m thick skinned enough to ignore it, but others previously haven’t been and it’s at the forums detriment. So if it continues, I’ll stop it. 

1 hour ago, m1st said:

Surely you can top Mercer's £150 @ 13-2? And from memory, that's for promotion. Think really big; and who knows, you might be able to buy the club from our owners!??

I backed us at 11/1, 14/1 and 9/1 for promotion. Close to £5000 if we get to the premier league. 

Was thinking of putting more on at 13/2, but a bit concerned with all the players missing tomorrow, and playing against a new manager.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, J*B said:

My point is, the criticism of Sparks by you - and others - is immature and discourages people from posting things on here, which can sometimes be right. I’m thick skinned enough to ignore it, but others previously haven’t been and it’s at the forums detriment. So if it continues, I’ll stop it. 

No problem with Sparks and when iv commented back to him about Whiteman it's only a bit of banter which I'm sure he knows.

He gets it because every signing we make is dross according to him, yet Whiteman who is still in league one is some sort of footballing god according to him

• Like 2

Just now, J*B said:

That's what I said.

Just now, J*B said:

And again, Sparks slags every Rovers player off (especially the kids) to the detriment of the forum and constantly bigs up his mate. Immature? 'Immature' is slagging off Academy kids like Grayson, Buckley etc and saying they are only there due to nepotism. Or are you happy with that on the forum - young lads being denigrated? Hopefully you'll put a 'stop' to that too? 

• Like 6