BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

Just now, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

That's what I said.

And again, Sparks slags every Rovers player off (especially the kids) to the detriment of the forum and constantly bigs up his mate. Immature? 'Immature' is slagging off Academy kids like Grayson, Buckley etc and saying they are only there due to nepotism. Or are you happy with that on the forum - young lads being denigrated? Hopefully you'll put a 'stop' to that too? 

Question him all you want - discuss his opinion, tell him he’s wrong. Criticise him for putting the young players down. All fine. 
But keep chasing him around questioning why ‘his mate’ doesn’t play for Rovers, or imply that he’s making it up, or that he’s no idea what he’s on about because one rumour didn’t come into fruition and, as I said, I’ll put a stop to it. 

I’m off to get excited about tomorrow’s game. I hope the above is clear. 

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Bristol City, Birmingham, ourselves, Cardiff and maybe QPR have had good windows for me. Sheffield Wednesday decent too, and Watford have done well to keep so many of their best players.

Derby and Huddersfield have had particularly strange windows. Not sure on Forest, plenty of quality but also plenty of holding midfielders and far too many bodies. That being said, their last 2 of Knockaert and Hughton are very impressive.

Preston a strange one. Very quiet but plenty of players with only a year on their contract.

You make a good points there. 

We had a good transfer window. Bristol City and Birmingham look to make some good signings. Forest have made 14/15 signings. So interest how Hughton sort all that out. Swansea had a good window despite having to make budget cuts. Some good loans like Gibbs-White. They signed 4 loaned players. Similar to last season. Sheffield Wednesday have made some decent signings 

Not sure on Cardiff has where does Wilson play? 

Derby have cut the budget there. Alot of academy players in squad..no proper striker there. Huddersfield strange window. Again massive cut backs under a new unknown head coach. Preston no investment in squad. Surprise Bournemouth didnt invest more. Warnock struggled to sign his targets today and all window.at Boro

Edited by chaddyrovers

14 minutes ago, J*B said:

Question him all you want - discuss his opinion, tell him he’s wrong. Criticise him for putting the young players down. All fine. 
But keep chasing him around questioning why ‘his mate’ doesn’t play for Rovers, or imply that he’s making it up, or that he’s no idea what he’s on about because one rumour didn’t come into fruition and, as I said, I’ll put a stop to it. 

I’m off to get excited about tomorrow’s game. I hope the above is clear. 

Yep, he's fine to slag academy kids and publicly humiliate them  but forum members can't take the piss out of him for promoting his mate on a forum. Got it! Nice ethics, nice forum. 

And I'm not chasing him round the board. I hardly even engage with him. Hope I'm clear, and hopefully not as childishly passive-aggressive as you're trying to be. 

And FYI - @Sparks Rover sent me a DM the other day thanking me for sticking up for him  when others were having a go. ?

Edited by Hoochie Bloochie Mama
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I meant 6 players for the front 3 positions. My apologies. 

Armstrong, Dolan, Brereton, Dack, Gallagher, Chapman were the 6 options I was talking about. Now we have Elliott.

Me being negative? ?

Thanks for the comments 

Yeah, fair play. That's a good amount of depth though. Considering Dolan & Chapman are the only natural wingers, it's good that we've brought in a 3rd option that's arguably better than both.

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

A window in which on paper the manager has utilised fairly limited resources very capably, with 2 fees of under half a million, 3 freebies and 3 loans, and it warrants asking to welcome back the idiots owners!

20201016_192854.jpg

I'm at a point where I dont aggressively hate the venkys. I accept that we need them to stay afloat and appreciate that they've kept relatively quiet in recent seasons. Itll take a lot before I'm thanking them. Even if we become a mid table PL team again the progress under them would be zero and we've had 10 years of hell to go with it.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Looks like Swansea have signed Ryan Manning for 250k. Why didnt Mowbray sign him instead of Doulgas who I like we signed btw even tho I am concerned over his injury record. 

It's really annoying that he's gone for that cheap, considering we appear to have been put off by a  potentially higher asking price. Pleased with the Douglas signing but this would've been a good longer term option.

• Like 3

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Looks like Swansea have signed Ryan Manning for 250k. Why didnt Mowbray sign him instead of Doulgas who I like we signed btw even tho I am concerned over his injury record. 

Maybe Manning didn't want to come to Rovers? Maybe we couldn't afford the wages? Not really fair to blame Mowbray when you don't know the facts. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Traviscon said:

Must admit Chaddy. I'm surprised you of all people seem to be subdued after today. 

Not subdued at all. Pleased Mowbray got the players he wanted. I don't know much Trybull or Elloitt tbh. Ayala is a good signing. Think we did well. Let's hope it enough to get top 6 this season

If you mean I'm not posted regularly on here todah. That's cos I now work nights so been asleep through most of the day. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Exactly

I know he's gone to a champ side. But he does seem to have been angling for a PL move all summer and this had ended up last gasp. 

It might be a cheap fee, but wages could be out of our range. He's younger than Douglas, but I don't mind having someone as experienced as him around our younger players. He's also a vast upgrade on Bell imo. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Good end to the window that.  Couldn't have gone much better with minimal resources so fair play to Mowbray.

Certainly going to be our best chance of top 6 this year. 

Agree - nagging doubt whether we have the goal power over 46 games out with Armstrong but highly encouraging squad overall .

Better than we could have dared to hope for .Let’s hope he knows where to fit them all in ...... in their right positions !!! ?

28 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Maybe Manning didn't want to come to Rovers? Maybe we couldn't afford the wages? Not really fair to blame Mowbray when you don't know the facts. 

Mate supports QPR. Manning wanted a good old wage rise. They have a strict structure. Fairly similar to us.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Stuart said:

They backed Kean AGAINST the fans, and took away our top flight status and our pride while we watched our arch rivals take our place. We are now in nearly £200m of debt and utterly reliant on them.

The only people who are happy with Venkys are either under 25 or live at the cobbled end of the M65.

They need to take us back to PL midtable to break even and before we start talking about a clean slate.

I’m not disagreeing but there are plenty of clubs that would swap owners in a heartbeat right now. 

Venky’s have done plenty of damage but in the last 2-3 years they’ve haven’t done much wrong. 

• Like 2

• Backroom
5 minutes ago, Silas said:

I reckon on paper, factoring in the potential improvement, this could be our best window since 2006/7 when we signed:

Benni McCarthy, Chris Samba, Stephen Warnock, Khizanishvili, David Dunn (back), and Andre Ooijer.

Basically, last time I was this excited,  Dolan and Elliot were still watching Teletubbies.  

It really is a reminder of how many disappointing transfer windows we've suffered since the mid-2000s. There wasn't much to get excited about once the Trust pulled the plug on funding, and the vast majority of transfer windows under Venky's have ranged from average to embarrassing. Bowyer turned up a few really solid players but they weren't necessarily players you'd get that excited about at the time they signed for us. This and our summer transfer window in League 1 are probably the two best we've had under Venky's - partially because the incomings weren't predecated on us selling our better players first. 

• Like 5