BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

25 minutes ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

I’m not disagreeing but there are plenty of clubs that would swap owners in a heartbeat right now. 

Venky’s have done plenty of damage but in the last 2-3 years they’ve haven’t done much wrong. 

I’m not sure about plenty. Ultimately saying that venkys haven’t done anything wrong in the last few years is like pardoning a serial killer who hasn’t killed recently.

Theyve taken a mid table premier league club £20 million ish in debt to a mid table championship club £200 million in debt. That in my opinion will eventually lead to us being the next Bury. 

Yes we expected crumbs from this transfer window we got a slice of bread but let’s not get carried away. 

Edited by matt83
  • Like 6

2 minutes ago, matt83 said:

I’m not sure about plenty. Ultimately saying that venkys haven’t done anything wrong in the last few years is like pardoning a serial killer who hasn’t killed recently.

Theyve taken a mid table premier league club £20 million ish in debt to a mid table championship club £200 million in debt. That in my opinion will eventually lead to us being the next Bury. 

Yes we expected crumbs from this transfer window we got a slice of bread but let’s not get carried away. 

A serial killer is a touch strong. At least they had £200m to throw at it and bizarrely keep putting money in. 

I won’t go further down this road. I know I’ll get labelled an apologist for merely suggesting that they’ve done ok for the last 3 years. Let’s enjoy the moment.

• Like 2

• Backroom
21 minutes ago, Silas said:

I reckon on paper, factoring in the potential improvement, this could be our best window since 2006/7 when we signed:

Benni McCarthy, Chris Samba, Stephen Warnock, Khizanishvili, David Dunn (back), and Andre Ooijer.

Basically, last time I was this excited,  Dolan and Elliot were still watching Teletubbies.  

Technically Dunn and Samba were Jan signings that year

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vilesinner said:

I certainly does. They are losing a fortune supporting us. We only need to look at Wigan and Bolton to see what could happen.

If they are your standards, not being in administration (the 2 comparisons are totally different situations) and being thankful merely to be in business then fair enough, each to their own I suppose.

Mowbray hasnt spent loads of money at all this window, he personally (plus perhaps scouting etc) deserves the praise if deemed that he has utilised his limited resources well to the benefit of the squad. Venkys havent bankrolled a summer splurge of transfers, Mowbray has just utilised the loan, free agent and European markets to improve the squad on a budget.

Nor is it this brilliant deed to ultimately have gotten themselves into a position whereby a company they own is making losses that they have to supplement.

1 hour ago, J*B said:

The constant berating of Sparks off the back of something he’s been told and shared us pretty dull. He got told something, it didn’t happen, end of story. I would encourage him to post next time he hears something, too. 

I understand that but I also think that if people post things that arent right, then they shouldnt be untouchable either, as others have said im sure he understands that it is just a bit of joking around, if someone posts a rumour that repeatedly doesnt materialise, I am not sure if it is fair to start intervening as you have threatened if people have a bit of gentle ribbing that the rumour isnt correct, just out of fear that ITK titbits will dry up. Of course it is welcomed but "ITK's" shouldnt surely be treat any differently/favourably?

• Like 1

• Backroom
11 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Technically Dunn and Samba were Jan signings that year

Ah, was wondering that. I've just looked at total list.

Christ, do I have to go back even further?! Nah, can't be arsed.

But you can have some ??? for being so accurate on 14 yr old transfers.

Edited by Silas
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, TBTF said:

Agree - nagging doubt whether we have the goal power over 46 games out with Armstrong but highly encouraging squad overall .

Better than we could have dared to hope for .Let’s hope he knows where to fit them all in ...... in their right positions !!! ?

That's my concern as well. We need Gallagher or Brererton to discover where the goals are.

18 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

That's my concern as well. We need Gallagher or Brererton to discover where the goals are.

Which is a barely believable statement Tyrone when they cost us £12million!!! 
proof of the pudding etc etc I guess but at least I’m not doing my usual deadline day thing of going to sleep in a rage for once ! 
we can at least say defenders( and keepers)  finally came this time .

5 hours ago, Mercer said:

Yep.

A window better than we dared hope for.

Kalinski - looks sound though early days

Stergiakis - ticks the boxes as a good no 2 ready to challenge for no 1

Pears - don't get at all, IMO, bang average and a four year contract is ridiculous

Ayala - steady but brings experience

Douglas - shrewd, hope the lad stays fit

Trybull - adds to the depth but mystified why Norwich would loan him to us if such a player

Dolan - the lad excites me, could be a gem - let's see if he maintains form

Elliott - Liverpool friend has just phoned who I rate as as a good judge of football.  Reckons Elliott will blow the opposition away and help fire us to PL 

IMO, top two is there for the taking this season.  Confidence and momentum is everything.

Providing Mowbray loses his square pegs in round holes syndrome, I think we'll walk it.

Just put £150 on Rovers for promotion at 13/2.

Good enough for you? 

Good man Merce! 
It’s a great bet and I make the true price ~15% and you’re getting 13.3% at 13/2 (maybe you’re shrewder than I took you for ?)
I do this professionally but tend to avoid anything too close to Rovers, however i must say I backed 3.6 for top 6 finish today which I make 16% value. It’s a bit early in the season to have too much confidence in my pricing but it’s a double interest at least. 

I’ve been involved in plenty of bickering on this site over the years, we’re always criticising and wanting the best for Rovers but it’s great on days like today when we have genuine optimism (not like that bollocks Ronaldinho stuff). A great squad, full of players we believe in, full of recruitment we believe in (I don’t want to mention the names of Kean/Appleton/Berg years).
Really looking forward to tomorrow, 2020 has been a shitter all round and we deserve this optimism after the last 8 years. See you all in the morning in the Forest chat. COYB 

Edited by superniko
  • Like 7

Gotta be honest, I'm buzzing about 3 of the 4 signings. Admittedly I don't know much about Trybull but his missus will do for me ?.

Douglas is good from what I've seen, albeit limited.

Elliot I'm really excited about. Working in Liverpool, I hear his name a lot so have paid probably more attention than most when he's had a game. Was really surprised with this one as I genuinely thought he'd have a sniff at Liverpool this year.  

Lòoks like TM  has built up a good relationship with Klopp.

Mates at work (Reds) are genuinely chuffed he's come to Rovers to get some game time.

Thank you Rovers for making a shit day bearable.

COYB

Edited by windymiller7
Spelling of Trybull
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

I’m not disagreeing but there are plenty of clubs that would swap owners in a heartbeat right now. 

Venky’s have done plenty of damage but in the last 2-3 years they’ve haven’t done much wrong. 

They were also naive and poorly advised by Anderson and co.

They've backed the club and lost millions, funded Brockhall to cat one status even in Div one.

These past 3 or 4 years they've kept quiet and seemingly allowed football people to run the club properly. 

I think they've learnt their lesson and moved on, maybe you need to aswell Stuart. 

• Like 4

Our surprising (but definite) starting line up this season:

Kaminski

Nyambe    Lenihan    Ayala    Douglas

Holtby        Trybull      Johnson/Travis 

Armstrong    Dack/Brereton    Elliott

When fit, Dack will play a No 10 role behind Elliot and Armstrong, or in a flat front 3, with Holtby pushing forward, if Elliott plays more traditional winger role.

Edited by garnersfags
Typo

1 hour ago, Doaksie said:

Full strength team, all fully fit, what front 3 do we go for in a play-off final at Wembley when all the chips are in?

Elliott-Dack-Arma interchanging? Dolan on for the last 30? 

I wouldn't worry about that.  We are going up automatically.  1st or 2nd.

• Like 1

• Backroom

Wow that was some end to the window

The Elliott one is the kind of thing we usually hear about the day after ‘we tried but couldn’t get it over the line’

Liverpool fans seem to see him as their best prospect and I reckon most if not all the teams in this league would fancy him as an option.

Great work getting it done 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

A serial killer is a touch strong. At least they had £200m to throw at it and bizarrely keep putting money in. 

I won’t go further down this road. I know I’ll get labelled an apologist for merely suggesting that they’ve done ok for the last 3 years. Let’s enjoy the moment.

I think the point about this untimely Venkys debate is that when someone criticises them in any way, most Rovers fans, after 10 years of pain and depression, accept and understand this sentiment, and when one of us points out any positives from their reign, most Rovers fans cringe, wince, and try not to respond negatively to such premature naivety. 

Anyone that continues to forget, forgive, or appease will continue to attract derision and consternation. 

Sorry. 

• Like 5

Just now, garnersfags said:

I think the point about this untimely Venkys debate is that when someone criticises them in any way, most Rovers fans, after 10 years of pain and depression, accept and understand this sentiment, and when one of us points out any positives from their reign, most Rovers fans cringe, wince, and try not to respond negatively to such premature naivety. 

Anyone that continues to forget, forgive, or appease will continue to attract derision and consternation. 

Sorry. 

You need to accept our owners took over and took wrong direction and screwed up.  Since Mowbray has been in, our owners have been nothing but supportive.

Venkys messed up, we get it, get over it, realise they have changed their ways and back the club.

Venkys are going no where, Jack Walker isn’t coming back.

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, davefarnworth said:

First time I've felt good about my team since 2010. Up to Mowbray with a squad that could go back to the promised land 

If we had spent £12M on 2 decent strikers and then signed this lot we would be absolutely taking this league by storm wouldn't we?

8 minutes ago, Wood26 said:

You need to accept our owners took over and took wrong direction and screwed up.  Since Mowbray has been in, our owners have been nothing but supportive.

Venkys messed up, we get it, get over it, realise they have changed their ways and back the club.

No one has ever expected them to be at Jack Walker's standards, such a comparison is illogical and ultimately provocative. They have gone from years of being disruptively prevalent to conveniently absent. A transfer window in which weve relied on frees, loans and a couple of minimal fees is no reason to start blowing smoke up their arse.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Wood26 said:

When the 200 million is written off, and we are in the 18 team Premier League, we will begin to recover, but we will never 'get over it'....

• Like 3