BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

43 minutes ago, garnersfags said:

When the 200 million is written off, and we are in the 18 team Premier League, we will begin to recover, but we will never 'get over it'....

You hang on to that pal.

We was on the road to hell before Venkys took over, just because we never saw it doesn’t mean it wasn’t coming.

Get over it. 

45 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

No one has ever expected them to be at Jack Walker's standards, such a comparison is illogical and ultimately provocative. They have gone from years of being disruptively prevalent to conveniently absent. A transfer window in which weve relied on frees, loans and a couple of minimal fees is no reason to start blowing smoke up their arse.

I’m not referring to this transfer window, I’m referring to when Mowbray took over, and our club as been on the up since.

Its been 3 years, no asset sold, squad invested in, promoted from league 1, promotion contending team with exciting academy players in the side.

Move on, and join us in the new Venky era.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, O'Malley said:

How were we "on the road to hell"?

Big Sam was in charge, fans were restless as not hitting heights of Hughes. We had no money, Walker family wanted out wouldn’t invest. We was always going down. If Venkys knew then what they did now they could of saved us, but they didn’t.

Point is with or with out them, I know we finished 10th, but you could see writing on the wall. 

Venkys were awful don’t get me wrong, but now they aren’t, so quit crying and back the new era.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Wood26 said:

Big Sam was in charge, fans were restless as not hitting heights of Hughes. We had no money, Walker family wanted out wouldn’t invest. We was always going down. If Venkys knew then what they did now they could of saved us, but they didn’t.

Point is with or with out them, I know we finished 10th, but you could see writing on the wall. 

Venkys were awful don’t get me wrong, but now they aren’t, so quit crying and back the new era.

I think "the road to hell" is stretching it and nobody will ever know what would have transpired had Venkys not darkened our door. 

I can't forgive and forget I'm afraid.

Edited by O'Malley
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Have we had a lot of FB signings in this window? Grammar standards have taken a hammering.

Yeah, there does seem to be one or two words missing from a few posts.

A comma or two wouldn't go amiss either.

I won't go any further - I was on a Teams call the other day with a colleague screen sharing a document - I was having kittens with the amount of "too's" (to) and "your's" (you're) going on. That was without the spelling mistakes! ?

Edited by windymiller7

1 hour ago, windymiller7 said:

Yeah, there does seem to be one or two words missing from a few posts.

A comma or two wouldn't go amiss either.

I won't go any further - I was on a Teams call the other day with a colleague screen sharing a document - I was having kittens with the amount of "too's" (to) and "your's" (you're) going on. That was without the spelling mistakes! ?

Yes, the sort of stuff we were taught at Primary School.

I had a secretary years ago, lovely kind lady, great typist but always got "not" and "now" mixed up. In a sales report it could make a hell of a difference!

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 1

Sorry this is a bit late; but the verdict on Elliott of my longstanding former colleague who regularly comes back down south from Newcastle with his Anfield season ticket in his pocket is that, "he's good - talented, confident, tough."  I was particularly pleased to see the last word in his opinion. He added that he felt sure the loan would be mutually beneficial.

I still can't quite believe it! I've got a mixture of elation that we might - at last- be "on our way back"; hope that Elliott might be the talisman that the young Shearer was in 1992; and regret for what, in retrospect, seems like a bit of a wasted decade.

Edited by m1st
Adding "down south" so that the sentence made more sense.

5 hours ago, 47er said:

If we had spent £12M on 2 decent strikers and then signed this lot we would be absolutely taking this league by storm wouldn't we?

I still genuinely believe both of those players will play a part in our success this season. 

7 hours ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

Just a touched worried that we are getting carried away until tomorrow's team is announced when Evans is the midfielder, Bell is at left back and Sam Gallagher is on the wing.

Very good point.

5 hours ago, Ben Frost said:

I think the revamp of the goalkeeping department is really interesting. It's important to look at the ages of the players. 

Kaminski 27. Pears 22. Stergiakis and Hilton 21. Eastham 19.

Had Pears been brought in before Stergiakis, I'm not sure you'd be questioning either signing, because we'd all have assumed Pears was automatic 2nd choice to Kaminski and the Greek lad was a cheap low risk punt for some time in the future.

Now suddenly there's a clear No1 who is 5 years older than any of the other keepers, but the battle to be No2 is going to be intense. 

Compared to the goalkeeping department last season, it's a revolution. Out go Flappy Walton and an ageing Canadian, and also Fisher who made some dreadful errors in preseason. 

In have come a clear No1, and a couple of potential No2s who will have to scrap like mad to prove themselves better than the other. Which in turn will keep Kaminski on his toes.

Nothing not to like. 

My gut feel is our management team think Kaminski is going to become a very saleable asset.  The others are here in readiness for that day.

• Like 6

48 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Still signing Downing according to telegraph

Just read that...I’m one of those who wanted Downing back. He was our best player until Covid imo - but where on earth does he fit into a 25 man squad with the depth we now possess?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, damo100 said:

They were also naive and poorly advised by Anderson and co.

They've backed the club and lost millions, funded Brockhall to cat one status even in Div one.

These past 3 or 4 years they've kept quiet and seemingly allowed football people to run the club properly. 

I think they've learnt their lesson and moved on, maybe you need to aswell Stuart. 

They trusted the worng one.  They already had two good well respected and very competent footballing people at the helm, who. they totally ignored.  Not naive, stupid and ignorant.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TBTF said:

Agree - nagging doubt whether we have the goal power over 46 games out with Armstrong but highly encouraging squad overall .

Better than we could have dared to hope for .Let’s hope he knows where to fit them all in ...... in their right positions !!! ?

Yes.  The worry is he tinkers..but our bench should certainly look stronger. 

5 hours ago, Ben Frost said:

I think the revamp of the goalkeeping department is really interesting. It's important to look at the ages of the players. 

Kaminski 27. Pears 22. Stergiakis and Hilton 21. Eastham 19.

Had Pears been brought in before Stergiakis, I'm not sure you'd be questioning either signing, because we'd all have assumed Pears was automatic 2nd choice to Kaminski and the Greek lad was a cheap low risk punt for some time in the future.

Now suddenly there's a clear No1 who is 5 years older than any of the other keepers, but the battle to be No2 is going to be intense. 

Compared to the goalkeeping department last season, it's a revolution. Out go Flappy Walton and an ageing Canadian, and also Fisher who made some dreadful errors in preseason. 

In have come a clear No1, and a couple of potential No2s who will have to scrap like mad to prove themselves better than the other. Which in turn will keep Kaminski on his toes.

Nothing not to like. 

Makes sense.  Shame the 'revamp' didn't include a new goal keeping coach.

• Like 1

On the playing/youth/recruitment side I have absolutely no complaints in recent years (and neither should Mowbray for that matter), my bugbear is the commercial direction of the club, a Chief Exec that talks a good game has completely squandered a chance to re-build up the fanbase by tapping in to the goodwill an improving side brings. 

However, the PL trumps everything and the owners seems to have finally worked that out after a decade of dreadful decision making, mediocrity and merely existing forever marooned in second tier mid table , so let’s enjoy the ride.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Just read that...I’m one of those who wanted Downing back. He was our best player until Covid imo - but where on earth does he fit into a 25 man squad with the depth we now possess?

Exactly, before Elliott I could understand it as a utility player, and before Trybull I would have totally agreed with it. Now, however, I just do not see where he fits in. People are already posting first team 11's without players like Rothwell and Johnson getting in - which is harsh considering their performances so far this season and now we might be adding another who is unlikely to get in and be quite a way down the pecking order. 

Never thought I would get to a point where I am hoping TM 'stops' bringing players in! Well, unless its cover at CB.

Edited by JacknOry
  • Like 1

Just now, JacknOry said:

Exactly, before Elliott I could understand it as a utility player, and before Trybull I would have totally agreed with it. Now, however, I just do not see where he fits in. People are already posting first team 11's without players like Rothwell and Johnson getting in - which is harsh considering their performances so far this season and now we might be adding another who is unlikely to get in and be quite a way down the pecking order. 

Depending on the cost, it could be more of a dressing room signing now...role model for the younger kids, odd appearance here and there if needed.  Holtby looks a much better midfield option than Downing. 

• Like 1

Just now, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Depending on the cost, it could be more of a dressing room signing now...role model for the younger kids, odd appearance here and there if needed.  Holtby looks a much better midfield option than Downing. 

And Buckley seems the more natural replacement for Holtby as he has looked like he is adapting to mens football nicely now. Downing can do that job too but surely it would block the young lad for another season.

• Like 1