BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

2 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Exactly, before Elliott I could understand it as a utility player, and before Trybull I would have totally agreed with it. Now, however, I just do not see where he fits in. People are already posting first team 11's without players like Rothwell and Johnson getting in - which is harsh considering their performances so far this season and now we might be adding another who is unlikely to get in and be quite a way down the pecking order. 

They must’ve done their numbers!?

Im waiting for Joe or one of our other top guys to run a predicted 25 to see who makes the cut and which players aren’t included in the numbers (u21 / academy etc)....My heads spinning now!

4 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Depending on the cost, it could be more of a dressing room signing now...role model for the younger kids, odd appearance here and there if needed.  Holtby looks a much better midfield option than Downing. 

There’s certainly a chance of that...maybe even some coaching? I love Downing but i don’t want him playing every week in front of some of these guys.

The only two places I can see for Downing are

a.    Is left back cover

b.     Coming off the bench as midfield cover late in games as the old head. Johnson will pick up bookings so in some games it maybe necessary to take him off and we may need a wily old campaigner to help close out a game.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

They must’ve done their numbers!?

Im waiting for Joe or one of our other top guys to run a predicted 25 to see who makes the cut and which players aren’t included in the numbers (u21 / academy etc)....My heads spinning now!

I think we do probably have one more space in the 25 (not including u21 players) - somebody did it last night (think was Joe). Still, for the positions he will cover, it still makes little sense to me. After the window we have had though, I will trust TM on this one.

1 minute ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

a.    Is left back cover

b.     Coming off the bench as midfield cover late in games as the old head. Johnson will pick up bookings so in some games it maybe necessary to take him off and we may need a wily old campaigner to help close out a game.

For me he doesnt even make the bench though - unless injuries.

I can kind of see why we have gone for numbers though. With so many games in a short space of time its going to be a challenge. Likely to be more knocks and injuries etc. 

• Like 1

a.    Is left back cover

A - Only if he’s ready to banish Bell ala Smallwood, Mulgrew etc - which I don’t think he will.

B - if he’s willing to put him on the bench before Buckley, Trybull, Evans and even Rothwell once Trav is back...

Just now, JacknOry said:

For me he doesnt even make the bench though - unless injuries.

I can kind of see why we have gone for numbers though. With so many games in a short space of time its going to be a challenge. Likely to be more knocks and injuries etc. 

He'll make the bench as we haven't got much cover who could fill in at full back other than Bell or JRC. JRC could gave you cover but little experience

4 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

I think we do probably have one more space in the 25 (not including u21 players) - somebody did it last night (think was Joe). Still, for the positions he will cover, it still makes little sense to me. After the window we have had though, I will trust TM on this one.

Does the u21 / academy rule count to all players from our academy regardless of age (eg Nyambe, Lenihan, Trav etc) or just to those from the academy who are still 21 or under?

He'll make the bench as we haven't got much cover who could fill in at full back other than Bell or JRC. JRC could gave you cover but little experience

JRC would be on the bench ahead of him simply because he can cover more positions. He can cover RB, LB and both flanks - can also play CM too if needs be. 

1 minute ago, Paul Mani said:

Does the u21 / academy rule count to all players from our academy regardless of age (eg Nyambe, Lenihan, Trav etc) or just to those from the academy who are still 21 or under?

All players we own that are u21 do not have to be registered as far as I know. Players under that age on loan (Elliott) do have to be registered.

• Like 1

A - Only if he’s ready to banish Bell ala Smallwood, Mulgrew etc - which I don’t think he will.

B - if he’s willing to put him on the bench before Buckley, Trybull, Evans and even Rothwell once Trav is back...

Yes but from the bench he gives you full back cover for left and right where Bell only gives cover at left back. He also can give experience in midfield defensively that Buckley and Rothwell dont.

As a sub he gives options that present squad may take two or three players to cover defensively so allowing more attacking options from the bench. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JacknOry said:

JRC would be on the bench ahead of him simply because he can cover more positions. He can cover RB, LB and both flanks - can also play CM too if needs be. 

and Downing can't? Also not as injury prone as JRC.

Personally I wouldnt sign Downing but Im looking at reasons why Mowbray wants to

Just now, dingles staying down 4ever said:

Yes but from the bench he gives you full back cover for left and right where Bell only gives cover at left back. He also can give experience in midfield defensively that Buckley and Rothwell dont.

As a sub he gives options that present squad may take two or three players to cover defensively so allowing more attacking options from the bench. 

Fair point. Bloody good option to have I guess. Mowbray being backed to the hilt!

Get Rothwell, JRC and Nyambe signed up to long term contracts by Christmas and we’re rocking!!

3 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

All players we own that are u21 do not have to be registered as far as I know. Players under that age on loan (Elliott) do have to be registered.

So, I’m assuming of the first team regulars that’s Buckley, JRC and Dolan? The rest need registering? 

So, I’m assuming of the first team regulars that’s Buckley, JRC and Dolan? The rest need registering? 

The Greek GK and possibly some of our younger CBs? too?

But Yes and Joe did it last night.

Edited by JacknOry

14 hours ago, JoeH said:

Kaminski - REG
Pears - REG
Stergiakis - U21
Eastham - U21
Hilton - UNREG?
Fisher - UNREG?

Bennett - REG
Nyambe - REG
JRC - REG
Lenihan - REG
Ayala - REG
Williams - REG
Wharton - REG
Bell - REG
Douglas - REG
Magloire - U21
Carter - U21

Travis - REG
Johnson - REG
Trybull - REG
Holtby - REG
Evans - REG
Davenport - REG
Buckley - U21
Dolan - U21
Rothwell - REG
Dack - REG
Chapman - REG

Brereton - REG
Armstrong - REG
Gallagher - REG
McBride - U21
Butterworth - U21
Vale - U21
Brennan - U21

Elliott (if registered) takes us to 24, with one spot left I think?

Here

• Like 1

One spot left for Downing

Looks like it!! I suppose if you had the budget to fill it then Downing is the perfect choice...great experience, versatile, model pro, positive influence in the dressing room and still a very good footballer.

• Like 4