BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

10 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Looks like it!! I suppose if you had the budget to fill it then Downing is the perfect choice...great experience, versatile, model pro, positive influence in the dressing room and still a very good footballer.

Douglas is also said to have a positive influence in the dressing room. So here's a thought; do we still need Bennett?

Just asking!?

3 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Looks like it!! I suppose if you had the budget to fill it then Downing is the perfect choice...great experience, versatile, model pro, positive influence in the dressing room and still a very good footballer.

Thats what Mowbray has been saying, if the budget allows once the dealings have been done then he'll do a deal for a player that the deadline does not count. For the first time in a long time its a decision that made sense. No point wasting time and money on a bit part player before getting in players that were wanted but were on a deadline

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, m1st said:

Douglas is also said to have a positive influence in the dressing room. So here's a thought; do we still need Bennett?

Just asking!?

I think if Bennett hadnt picked up the injury I think he may have been surplus to requirements but him getting injured changed all that

15 minutes ago, m1st said:

Just asking!?

Benno is probably a gonner in the summer.

Though you can never have too many positives influences ??

Edited by Paul Mani
  • Like 1

Benno is going to be out for months so why don’t we put the hate on the back burner considering it means absolutely nothing right now. 

Edited by JoeH

Just now, JoeH said:

Benno is going to be out for months so why don’t we put the hate on the back burner considering it means absolutely nothing right now. 

I don’t get the hate for that guy. Sure he’s not our best footballer but he’s everything else you’d want as a human being, captain and leader.

I do think he’ll struggle to get a new contract in amongst this group though Joe.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, JoeH said:

Dont see a hate comment. All that said was Bennett main reason for being in the squad was his positive attitude and experience.

• Like 2

Just now, Paul Mani said:

In general, there is a bit of hate towards Bennett. It’s completely unjustified and unnecessary imo. 

There isnt hate, I think Mowbray over relience on him playing in positions where the fans think there  are better players has counted against him. Nyambe overlooked for Bennett last season is a prime example. It gave him the image of a teacher's pet and it is that many dont like

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mattyblue said:

Slagging folk off is deemed ‘hate’ these days. A social media-ism. ‘Hater’ etc.

Shame as REAL hate is all too prevalent in the world and silly application of it dilutes it.

Exactly. And even more so when Mani admits there hasn't been any so called 'hate' recently - so why bring up the term?

2 minutes ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

There isnt hate, I think Mowbray over relience on him playing in positions where the fans think there  are better players has counted against him. Nyambe overlooked for Bennett last season is a prime example. It gave him the image of a teacher's pet and it is that many dont like

Hate is an intense dislike. Whilst I don’t believe many / any Rovers supporters ‘intensely dislike’ Bennett (why would you?), some of the stuff he gets thrown at him by so called Rovers fans is very close to the bone. Especially on social media. Those choice of words are often hateful by definition, whether they mean it or not.

1 minute ago, LDRover said:

Exactly. And even more so when Mani admits there hasn't been any so called 'hate' recently - so why bring up the term?

Tbh I don’t think there’s been any hate on here for Bennett that I can think of...sure there’s lots of negativity but kinel if that’s a yardstick then this place is the most hateful place on Earth! ??

Some of the stuff he gets on Social media from fans is disgusting though.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

He’s definitely the teachers pet but the more you get to know him the more understandable if is. He’s just such a decent guy. The perfect man to lead our club...and he’s had a good career too. Played at the top level. Now he’s not playing and still a brilliant influence on the group.

Not many of these types around. He’ll be missed when he’s gone.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Paul Mani said:

Hate is an intense dislike. Whilst I don’t believe many / any Rovers supporters ‘intensely dislike’ Bennett (why would you?), some of the stuff he gets thrown at him by so called Rovers fans is very close to the bone. Especially on social media. Those choice of words are often hateful by definition, whether they mean it or not.

Those people on social media all like a reason to hate. They always find a common cause. Enough idiiots follow it, it becomes a disease. It is the football hooligism of the modern day.

Real fans dont hate players of the team. They may dislike some, they may disagree with the manager picking them.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Paul Mani said:

I still genuinely believe both of those players will play a part in our success this season. 

They'll play a part because they will be picked! However it won't be anywhere near proportional to their transfer fees.

Just now, dingles staying down 4ever said:

Those people on social media all like a reason to hate. They always find a common cause. Enough idiiots follow it, it becomes a disease. It is the football hooligism of the modern day.

Real fans dont hate players of the team. They may dislike some, they may disagree with the manager picking them.

Wow...love this term. Powerfully accurate ?

1 minute ago, Paul Mani said:

He’s definitely the teachers pet but the more you get to know him the more understandable if is. He’s just such a decent guy. The perfect man to lead our club...and he’s had a good career too. Played at the top level. Now he’s not playing and still a brilliant influence on the group.

Not many of these types around. He’ll be missed when he’s gone.

I understand the reason for him being in the squad and being Club Captain. What many didnt understand and why the 'hatred' arose was the shoe horn effect around the team Mowbray did last season often to the detriment of the team when a place on the bench was required for him.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 47er said:

They'll play a part because they will be picked! However it won't be anywhere near proportional to their transfer fees.

It’s all pretty irrelevant really. There’s lots of players bought for nowt in real terms who will play huge parts...

If Gally and BB chip in with five goals each whilst Dolan (free), Dack (£750k) and AA (£3m) score 50 goals between them and our back 5 (Kaminski, Nyambe, Lenihan, Ayala, Douglas) combined fees £200k keep enough clean sheets then we’ll prob go up.

I get your frustrations re those two. I feel it too but I still think there’s a top player in BB and a 10 goals a season man in SG. 

• Like 1