Summer Transfer Window

If Tony is to persist with the new formation. I would like to go with:

Kaminski

Nyambe - Ayala - Lenihan - Douglas

Trybull / Johnson

Holtby                     Rothwell

Elliott                                      Armstrong 

Gallagher / Brereton

I realise our strikers are crap, but Armstrong offers nothing too often as a CF and I feel a spell back on the left might be needed. We need a focal point.

Add the quality of Douglas, we can't have him crossing to a penalty area of Armstrong and Dolan.

We really missed Holtby and Rothwell as Buckley and especially Evans were trash. Dolan is probably ready for a 30 minute cameo role for a week or two as he has fizzled the past 2 games.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

Kaminski

Trybull / Johnson

Gallagher / Brereton

I realise our strikers are crap, but Armstrong offers nothing too often as a CF and I feel a spell back on the left might be needed. We need a focal point.

Add the quality of Douglas, we can't have him crossing to a penalty area of Armstrong and Dolan.

We really missed Holtby and Rothwell as Buckley and especially Evans were trash. Dolan is probably ready for a 30 minute cameo role for a week or two as he has fizzled the past 2 games.

Ypu cant drop Johnson. Player of month.

15 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

Kaminski

Trybull / Johnson

Gallagher / Brereton

Is that a team of 13 players or am I being thick?

25 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

Kaminski

Trybull / Johnson

Gallagher / Brereton

Exactly what I would be looking to play. No square pegs in there. Armstrong can't carry us with his goals all season long. Gallagher has to contribute. He's suffered for a long time here being played out on the wing. But also due to other players not giving him the kind of service he needs. A Warnock would get a lot out of Gallagher as at the end of the day. He's a big bloke and he can shift. 

Douglas could be key to Gallagher's success. Get the ball on his head in the area. Or at least have him bouncing off one or two players in the area and he will at least be a nuisance. If Holtby also likes bending them in from the other side. If Gally was central if he lingered towards the far post he would also see winnable balls played into him. It's not rocket science. He might have his limitations but if you pop it on his head in the area the ball is going to end up bobbling around somewhere. This will create chances.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Angry_Pirate said:

Kaminski

Trybull / Johnson

Gallagher / Brereton

I definitely want to see the above line-up but would like to have a look at Ayala and Williams together as a natural right/left pairing. I think Lenihan will be exposed quite easily in the coming weeks if he remains on the left of the two.

1 hour ago, Angry_Pirate said:

Kaminski

Trybull / Johnson

Gallagher / Brereton

I would say it all depends who we play and how they play. Dolan (and most of the team) have been excellent in open games even when playing the likes of Bournemouth and Newcastle. We have struggled when other sides (well Cardiff and Forest so far) play tight and defensive.

On that basis I would stick with the team as it is against Watford as it should be far more open and we should (fingers crossed) be much more effective.

Next defensive team we play isn't until Boro, so we have a run of four games where we probably aren't going to be playing against teams who park the bus. My hope is Dolan and Armstrong come to life.

We do need that plan B though when other sides do sit in as Boro will. I think that plan B does have to involve a target man of some description - so Gallager in the absence of anyone else.

4 hours ago, Angry_Pirate said:

Kaminski

Trybull / Johnson

Gallagher / Brereton

Our strikers are crap because “#7s” are not target men. We have two target men out on the wing. I am sure one or both of them were bought to replace Graham. With Elliott in as a proper winger Mowbray needs to chose who will be his target man. And stick with him for a while. 

• Like 2

We have the squad now to completely forget that SG exists 

Kaminski is proving ok , had not to be an improvement ... likely the same with the other lads . You can’t be worse 

Douglas has done well at this level I like him 

Ayala is more than fine , any criticism is bitter 

trybull is fine nothing we don’t have 

Harvey ... I know we have a plan for him but lpool rarely want their loans back 

38 minutes ago, Inglorious basturk said:

We have the squad now to completely forget that SG exists 

Kaminski is proving ok , had not to be an improvement ... likely the same with the other lads . You can’t be worse 

Douglas has done well at this level I like him 

Ayala is more than fine , any criticism is bitter 

trybull is fine nothing we don’t have 

Harvey ... I know we have a plan for him but lpool rarely want their loans back 

Trybull would of been better than any of the three that started Saturday and regarding Liverpool , thats because there Liverpool. The best team in the world . If you can’t get into the 18 in the best team in the world at 17 then your not good enough for rovers . Behave. The fact he’s played in that team means he’s more than capable of holding down a shirt at ewood. If they don’t want him back he will sign for a better team than us, fact 

Edited by Oldgregg86
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Trybull would of been better than any of the three that started Saturday and regarding Liverpool , thats because there Liverpool. The best team in the world . If you can’t get into the 18 in the best team in the world at 17 then your not good enough for rovers . Behave. The fact he’s played in that team means he’s more than capable of holding down a shirt at ewood. If they don’t want him back he will sign for a better team than us, fact 

I don’t really disagree , although this season prior to nf game Johnson has been decent as has Buckley I wouldn’t have dropped either for trybull I suppose evans is a different matter . Amazed and appalled holtby wasn’t involved . 

re the Liverpool lad again we aren’t on wildly different pages he’s more than good enough just an observation they tend to keep the ones they really really like even at that age , more so than other big clubs 

How about 3-5-2?

with Douglas and Nyambe as wing backs it leaves Ayala, Lenihan and Williams as a solid back 3. Supported by the two wing backs who are very much blessed with pace and a defensive midfielder in either Travis, Johnson or Trybull. It allows a creative player - Holtby or Dack, to play right behind two forwards which for me would be Armstrong and Brereton/ Elliott. The players we have now also allow fir changes to formation, 4-4-2, 4-4-1-1 and 4-3-3. It is still about putting the best players on the pitch

Edited by 1864roverite

38 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

How about 3-5-2?

with Douglas and Nyambe as wing backs it leaves Ayala, Lenihan and Williams as a solid back 3. Supported by the two wing backs who are very much blessed with pace and a defensive midfielder in either Travis, Johnson or Trybull. It allows a creative player - Holtby or Dack, to play right behind two forwards which for me would be Armstrong and Brereton/ Elliott. The players we have now also allow fir changes to formation, 4-4-2, 4-4-1-1 and 4-3-3. It is still about putting the best players on the pitch

And sg as a wide forward 

For those saying Armstrong wasnt comfortable out wide. I'd say that was only true when he played in the 4-4-1-1. When he plays in a front 3 then he definitely can play left. Take Bristol city last season at home when he came on playing off the left. 

I and probably he would prefer to play through the middle but if it isnt working for him I dont see why we cant shift him to the left or right to get him in the game more. Depends where the space is. I always thought that if he was pushed up on the fullback getting in behind then he works as a inside forward. 

His greatest attribute is his pace and when he cant get in behind I'd rather shift him wide to get him inbetween their rb and cb to the byline then have him dropping deep into midfield.

Edited by BlackburnEnd75
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, only2garners said:

Amazed and appalled that an employee is taking up his rights under UK employment law to take paternity leave? 

Holtby isn't even taking up his full legal rights-I understand he is already back in the UK. He could have missed the next two games as well.

• Like 2

Holtby has taken the decision to return home, leaving his wife and newborn child back home in Germany just a week after its birth to come and train so he can play for Rovers on Wednesday/Saturday. Anyone besmirching him in any way is being ridiculously selfish.

1 hour ago, 47er said:

and received an answer and responded to it!

Quite why you turned up late I'm not sure.

Because I have other things in my life besides this messageboard. I answered the question you posed when I first read it. I will know in future that there is a time limit to respond to questions.

• Like 1