BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

14 hours ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Interestingly Trybull's loan has a recall option in January. However I am sure that was more at the request of Norwich than anything else. If we are to be in for Whiteman I would imagine it would have to wait until the summer. I think we've spent our cash for this year barring any January departures. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trinidad Rover said:

Kipre has barely played a minute for WBA. Wasn’t even in the squad yesterday.

Farce of a signing by them. I'm sure they won't be saying that when they are open to bids of a couple of million for him though. I don't think he will be happy regardless of what his bank balance says. The bloke is young and not playing football. Nobody can tell but I imagine he regrets his choice. Especially if as reported we were offering a similar amount in wages. 

14 hours ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

I don't know what we are waiting for.  If you take the wages we pay for the average trybull and downing , plus the wages saved by getting shut of the said downing and DG etc.. why can't they pay up front and amortise it across a few years.  They had the monthlys going out anyway.  Very odd

26 minutes ago, ben_the_beast said:

Farce of a signing by them. I'm sure they won't be saying that when they are open to bids of a couple of million for him though. I don't think he will be happy regardless of what his bank balance says. The bloke is young and not playing football. Nobody can tell but I imagine he regrets his choice. Especially if as reported we were offering a similar amount in wages. 

Might be a good loan option in Jan depending on where we are.

The biggest talking point was that there were quite a few claimed that they would have chosen Rovers, but in that position 99% of people (without a vested interest in either club) would choose the Premier League opportunity.

I wonder if the seemingly left field signing of Branislav Ivanovic changed things for Kipre.

20 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

The biggest talking point was that there were quite a few claimed that they would have chosen Rovers, but in that position 99% of people (without a vested interest in either club) would choose the Premier League opportunity.

I wonder if the seemingly left field signing of Branislav Ivanovic changed things for Kipre.

Surely Kipre wants to be playing at his age regardless of the wage he getting? 

Edited by chaddyrovers

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

I just don't think he suits their setup. They have bigger more physical centre backs. Pace seems to be one of his assets at the expense for a little bit of height. West Brom play a deep block, where as we have a high line. Would have suited our set up far more. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Surely Kipre wants to be playing at his age regardless of the wage he getting? 

You say that but I am not so sure. Footballers are a funny lot. Bale is good enough to win trophies  but was content to sit on the Real bench for a season or two. (appreciate he has moved on now but only after a good stint chilling in the stands.) And there are a number of other examples too. Even Smallwood didn't want to move on and took a wage here rather than playing. Being set up financially seems more of a motivator these days. 

2 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

I don't know what we are waiting for.  If you take the wages we pay for the average trybull and downing , plus the wages saved by getting shut of the said downing and DG etc.. why can't they pay up front and amortise it across a few years.  They had the monthlys going out anyway.  Very odd

What if they just don't fancy him?

3 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Downing or Whiteman ? It's no-brainer for me.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Downing or Whiteman ? It's no-brainer for me.

Agreed, Downing is an ex international and played the majority of his career in the top division whilst Whiteman has spent the majority of his career in league 1.

Whiteman looks handy in the few games iv seen him but Doncaster want silly money for someone who has done nothing above league one.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Agreed, Downing is an ex international and played the majority of his career in the top division whilst Whiteman has spent the majority of his career in league 1.

Whiteman looks handy in the few games iv seen him but Doncaster want silly money for someone who has done nothing above league one.

One is finished and the other has so much potential and could be partnering Trav for the next 5 years in midfield.  ?

27 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

One is finished and the other has so much potential and could be partnering Trav for the next 5 years in midfield.  ?

Still until he is tested at a higher level we can't really say he would definitely be a good signing.There must be something to his game that is putting off championship clubs from paying the fee to sign him.

Fair enough it's true Downing Is coming to the end of his career but it's a short term deal and although Downing's performance levels went down a level after the covid break for the majority of last season he was one of our better players.

2 hours ago, islander200 said:

I wouldn't be signing Whiteman and not for 2 million price either. why haven't any other Championship clubs over the past 2 years sign him?

Edited by chaddyrovers

42 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I wouldn't be signing Whiteman and not for 2 million price either. I haven't any other Championship clubs over the past 2 years sign him?

Oh do give it a rest, Chaddy.  You'll be thracking over him when he signs for the mighty  Rovers.  And it will be more than 2m. I'd love it, love it if we signed him...

Edited by Sparks Rover
  • Like 1