BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

Just now, Silas said:

Looks like the messageboard only seems to go back to 2018 as far as I can see.

Maybe it's been archived to free up space on a server or something.

Either way, right now, no one can prove anyone right or wrong. 

Out of interest Sparks what's your opinion on Dack now?

Some pretty disparaging comments there from last year. Obviously,  we don't know how he will bounce back from serious injury. But if he comes back to fitness exactly same as before, where do u place him in the current hierarchy? 

Best player? Definate name on teamsheet?  Squad player? 

If Sparks thought Dack was a lazy waster after an excellent season in league one followed by a very good season in the championship it's safe to say he must have thought he was a poor signing and player before performing for us.

1 hour ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Posted in April 2019.

Since that game he had half a season before being injured in December (?)

What changed in those 4 / 5 months that stopped him being "fat Bradley" and not as good as Ashley Fletcher? He was scoring goals and impacting games way before the first half of last season.

You've called Buckley crap a few times too, t

Yep I'd have Fletcher before Dack and Bucko is crap in my opinion. Sorry.

30 minutes ago, islander200 said:

If Sparks thought Dack was a lazy waster after an excellent season in league one followed by a very good season in the championship it's safe to say he must have thought he was a poor signing and player before performing for us.

Not guilty,  your honour.  I'd  hardly heard of him before he signed.

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

Yep I'd have Fletcher before Dack and Bucko is crap in my opinion. Sorry.

That's why I struggle to take your word that Whiteman would be a massive upgrade on what we have.I will agree that In the games I have seen him play he looks good and looks like he could make the step up, but Doncaster are clearly wanting above of what he is worth, he would have signed for a Championship club otherwise.

In no way is Fletcher a better player than Dack.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Silas said:

Looks like the messageboard only seems to go back to 2018 as far as I can see.

Maybe it's been archived to free up space on a server or something.

Either way, right now, no one can prove anyone right or wrong. 

Out of interest Sparks what's your opinion on Dack now?

Some pretty disparaging comments there from last year. Obviously,  we don't know how he will bounce back from serious injury. But if he comes back to fitness exactly same as before, where do u place him in the current hierarchy? 

Best player? Definate name on teamsheet?  Squad player? 

Does he slow our attacking down when he comes back.? Will Armstrong be as effective.?..Dacks absence seems to have given him a lease of life.....

I'd flog him tomorrow if someone came in with a decent bid and buy 2 bloody good defenders......and a CM?

• Backroom
1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

Does he slow our attacking down when he comes back.? Will Armstrong be as effective.?..Dacks absence seems to have given him a lease of life.....

I'd flog him tomorrow if someone came in with a decent bid and buy 2 bloody good defenders......and a CM?

I was thinking more he's now got Holtby and potentially Elliott to compete with that he didn't last time. Plus Brereton's rise from the ashes.

Makes me think could he almost be a replacement for the Graham role. Or am I losing my marbles?! Impact from the bench when we need a goal. 

Put him up top in odd game when Armstrong is injured/suspended. 

I still see him as a No.10 personally, but is interesting to ponder where his position might fall in the team over the next 6 months or so.

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
1 minute ago, philipl said:

Which Fletcher are we talking about?

Paul Fletcher was more than useful for the Dingles.

Ashley Fletcher. Another poster rates him, personally I don’t, not compared to Dack anyhow. Most championship goals he’s scored in a season is 11. Dack bagged 15 in his first, then 9 in his second. He finished his second season in December....

Also, Dack plays as an attacking midfielder, Fletcher plays as a striker. There’s no comparison for me tbh.

• Like 2

Buckley was ok on Saturday, appalling v Forest and found things very easy v a 10 man Wycombe. Hes comfortable on the ball and likes to pass forward but more often than not fails to stamp his authority on games at his young age at the moment. Subjective stats such as "progressive passes" and "successful defensive actions especially when his game time is a much smaller sample size dont really prove anything.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Buckley was ok on Saturday, appalling v Forest and found things very easy v a 10 man Wycombe. Hes comfortable on the ball and likes to pass forward but more often than not fails to stamp his authority on games at his young age at the moment. Subjective stats such as "progressive passes" and "successful defensive actions especially when his game time is a much smaller sample size dont really prove anything.

Buckley was just ok? 

I think everyone is right. Buckley does look forward and play a lot of 'progressive passes' and generally speaking looks to get the team moving forwards. He's very good like that. He's also got the physicality of a field mouse. He doesn't need to be stacked but he does need to put some muscle on. Peoples bodies develop at different speeds. He's got the physique of a child. This should change at some point and he'll become more imposing. 

When he hits the age of about 23 I think he will be quality. It's what Fergie used to say about Jessie Lingard. (Yes I know he turned crap again) Every player develops at their own speed. Buckley has learnt to cope to an extent in mens football through technique. When the rest comes he'll be very good. 

• Like 2

On 10/11/2020 at 23:16, bluebruce said:

It has been reported more than once that League One teams have enquired about him on loan.

I'm not sold on Buckley yet either though. Has talent, but I feel it's being way overstated. He has a lot to learn yet to be able to consistently affect games at this level. Hopefully he learns most of it soon.

I reckon Buckley is going to be quality. He's started crunching into tackles - a few gooduns against QPR. Once he bulks out think he will kick on.

In fact if you think long term we have a team that could grow together over the next 3-4 years 

--------------------------Kaminski

Nyambe------Lenihan-----Wharton-----???

------------Buckley-----Travis-----Rothwell

----JRC/Dolan-----Armstrong-----Brereton

Just a gap at left back, and I'm not totally convinced by Wharton at CB but, elsewhere a really young team kicking on well.

7 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

I reckon Buckley is going to be quality. He's started crunching into tackles - a few gooduns against QPR. Once he bulks out think he will kick on.

In fact if you think long term we have a team that could grow together over the next 3-4 years 

--------------------------Kaminski

Nyambe------Lenihan-----Wharton-----???

------------Buckley-----Travis-----Rothwell

----JRC/Dolan-----Armstrong-----Brereton

Just a gap at left back, and I'm not totally convinced by Wharton at CB but, elsewhere a really young team kicking on well.

A mid table finish though will probably see half of that team leave, plus Nyambe, JRC & Rothwell are all out of contract in the summer.

There's no way that team will carry on together for the next 3/4 years.

Edited by MarkBRFC
  • Like 3

48 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

A mid table finish though will probably see half of that team leave, plus Nyambe, JRC & Rothwell are all out of contract in the summer.

There's no way that team will carry on together for the next 3/4 years.

Armstrong will be off, I am in no doubt. Dack will, Ryan is deffo going by the look of it.

I agree with you. Signings are needed