Stuart

Summer Transfer Window

Just now, Paul Mani said:

Absolutely correct about conceding those goals. Serious question though...if Dack HAD been playing since Christmas, how many points do you think he could’ve won us? I’m thinking about those tight games that we drew or lost...by a goal. 3pts? 5pts? 7ptd or 10? My guess is 5pts which leaves us 2pts outside the top 6.

So Chaddys point about Dack is relevant.

We will never know, not enough to get us into the play offs though. That wont happen while we treat the defensive side with such little priority.

Its hard to be to sympathetic considering that we had 12m worth of strikers that couldnt even partially fill that void. 

CAN I JUST STATE ONCE AND FOR ALL THAT IM NOT THANKFUL TO THE OWNERS I AM JUST POINTING OUT THET THEY DO IN FACT PUT £7-8M PER YEAR INTO OUR CLUB. 🤣🤣🤣🙈

Why don't you also point out why the club needs that money put into it every year?

Absolutely correct about conceding those goals. Serious question though...if Dack HAD been playing since Christmas, how many points do you think he could’ve won us? I’m thinking about those tight games that we drew or lost...by a goal. 3pts? 5pts? 7ptd or 10? My guess is 5pts which leaves us 2pts outside the top 6.

So Chaddys point about Dack is relevant.

You need to factor in every other injured player in the league though, surely. I expect after that we would be roughly where we are.  Defending Mowbrays "progress" and venkys in on the same page......Mind Blowing

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

But is Armstrong scoring all those goals if Dack is fit? He hasn't scored that amount goals before when he has played in the same team as Dack. But it's all hypothetical, injuries are part of football and the table at the end of the season doesn't lie. 

You make a good point. I’m not sure if Armstrong does....but I think if you asked any club if losing their main man would effect their chances adversely of gaining points they’d say yes.

Dack is a million % our best player. His injury definitely took points off us imo. 

8 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

I'm not talking about League 1 or League 2 but the National League and below. I find going watch that a much more enjoyable experience than watching the Championship or Premiership. I've been to more non-league games the last few seasons than Rovers games despite having a season ticket although I had already decided pre covid that I would not be renewing for the coming season. 

Well I have zero interest in non-league football Ewood sadly. 

I am Rovers fan and I watch my team play. Don't mind attend the odd non Rovers game but deffo couldnt do regular

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

We conceded 63 goals chaddy. Lets not forget that or make out that Dacks injury was what cost us a play off place.

Which was 6 less than the season before.

Dack's injury had an massive impact on our season so please don't keep dismissing it. 

3 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

But is Armstrong scoring all those goals if Dack is fit? He hasn't scored that amount goals before when he has played in the same team as Dack. But it's all hypothetical, injuries are part of football and the table at the end of the season doesn't lie. 

We never know until they play together we will? 

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

Why don't you also point out why the club needs that money put into it every year?

Because we’re not in the PL? Because The Walkers sold out to some absolute nutters? Because someone believed JA and SK? Because our owners didn’t know we could be relegated before they bought us? The list is endless...

But lots of people make big huge whopping mistakes and just simply shrug their shoulders and walk away. For whatever reason this lot pour cash in and have done for a decade. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Well I have zero interest in non-league football Ewood sadly. 

I am Rovers fan and I watch my team play. Don't mind attend the odd non Rovers game but deffo couldnt do regular

Which was 6 less than the season before.

Dack's injury had an massive impact on our season so please don't keep dismissing it. 

Its all hypothetical and excuses. If mt aunty had balls shed be my uncle. Would Armstrong have had the run he had with Dack in the team? Possibly not. Shouldnt 12m worth of strikers have filled some of the void? Definitely.

We conceded a bottom half level of goals, 13th in the league. Any improvement was primarily due to Adarabioyo so thus any minimal "progress" in that regard has already been removed again with him returning back to City.

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Its all hypothetical and excuses. If mt aunty had balls shed be my uncle. Would Armstrong have had the run he had with Dack in the team? Possibly not. Shouldnt 12m worth of strikers have filled some of the void? Definitely.

We conceded a bottom half level of goals, 13th in the league. Any improvement was primarily due to Adarabioyo so thus any minimal "progress" in that regard has already been removed again with him returning back to City.

Hmmm....yeeeee-no it’s not. Dack is our best player and talisman. You can skirt around it all you like but the stats don’t lie. The likelihood is that we would’ve accumulated more points if he were fit. 

But all sides get injuries Chaddy. Take Bristol City who finished one place behind us they had Afobe out injured for nearly the whole season, if he's fit we might well have finished 12th. Preston had Daniel Johnson injured for a while if he's fit they probably pick up a few more points so even with a fit Dack we may not have caught them. Lolley at Forest picked up a knock towards the end of the season if he stays fit they probably score that one extra goal to make the play offs and we end up even further away from them. 

Every club will look back on injuries sustained over the course of the season and curse their luck but that's football, all sides get injuries but at the end of the day the league table over 46 games does not lie.

We never know until they play together we will? 

They been playing together for 2 and half years.

Just now, Tom said:

Pretty sure they have played together!

We obviously missed Dack, anyone would miss his talent and energy, think it’s fair to say Armstrong thrives in his absence though in a way we haven’t seen as much pre Dack injury 

I meant as a partnership up front..which we havent seen properly.

Just now, Tom said:

Pretty sure they have played together!

We obviously missed Dack, anyone would miss his talent and energy, think it’s fair to say Armstrong thrives in his absence though in a way we haven’t seen as much pre Dack injury 

Ps tin hat time but as much as Venkys put us in this scenario I’m glad they are stupid enough to keep paying the bills, the wider world is scary right now and unless there’s the perfect buyer in waiting the alternatives are worrying 

That is the most sense I’ve seen on here for a long time. Great post.

Just now, Tom said:

Ps tin hat time but as much as Venkys put us in this scenario I’m glad they are stupid enough to keep paying the bills, the wider world is scary right now and unless there’s the perfect buyer in waiting the alternatives are worrying 

Exactly Tom..and haven't you met Balaji in Pune during your time on fans forum?

David Bates leaving Hamburg. Weren’t we linked with him at some point. Big CB, decent pedigree...

Sponsor

Of course Dack’s injury affected is, so did Evans’ (surprising or not), Lenihan’s did last season and so on and so on.  I believe the short term signings of Downing, Adarabiyo, Johnson, Holtby plus the longer term one of Gallagher, all one relatively big wages were done with the plan that they’d get us into the play offs, not to get us 3 extra points and a few more goals and this means that this season and last summer’s recruitment were failures.  Losing Ada plus Downing (possibly and if he does re sign there’s a good chance of him being less useful) and Johnson being another year older counts against any progress.  We need to do a lot better this summer.

Funny that, I don't remember us being in the top 6 in the first half of the season with Dack fully fit

1 minute ago, Kie_BRFC said:

Funny that, I don't remember us being in the top 6 in the first half of the season with Dack fully fit

Or ever!

It’s so simplistic to say ‘if Dack was fit we’d have x more points and we’d have been in the play offs’. It just doesn’t work like that and so many other variables come into it (for a start the manager hasn’t shown he’s capable of even entering the top 6 with us). 

Just now, Kie_BRFC said:

As long as in top 6 after 46 games that's all matters. Ask Swansea that one. 

Cardiff wasn't in the top 6 until game 39. 

Forest spent the majority of the season in top 6 and after 46 games wasn't in top 6 when it matters..

As long as we are such a soft touch in defence, and fail to win key games, (ie when the pressure is on), it would take Messi or Ronaldo to give us a chance of top 6.

11 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Such a flimsy defence of a signing, that other teams have wasted money. Obviously they will have done. No one is saying that it is impossible to not make poor signings but equally it doesnt justify doing so.

You say Gallagher played out of position but that only further warrants criticism on Mowbrays point for signing him.

He has been a poor signing. Brereton has been a really poor signing. Equally, Dack and Armstrong have been very good signings, you dont see people saying "yeah but other teams have found bargains too" do you?

Would you agree though that whilst I agree Brereton has been poor but up until lockdown in my opinon but since the season restarted he has looked a lot stronger on the ball, made some good runs and at least has potential to push on next season? 

31 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

As long as in top 6 after 46 games that's all matters. Ask Swansea that one. 

Cardiff wasn't in the top 6 until game 39. 

Forest spent the majority of the season in top 6 and after 46 games wasn't in top 6 when it matters..

And we never got there at all!

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Never known a time when so many decent players were available on frees. 

They are definitely there if TM gets it right this time (fingers crossed, tin hat ready) 

8 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

CAN I JUST STATE ONCE AND FOR ALL THAT IM NOT THANKFUL TO THE OWNERS I AM JUST POINTING OUT THET THEY DO IN FACT PUT £7-8M PER YEAR INTO OUR CLUB. 🤣🤣🤣🙈

I’m also delighted they are doing the bare minimum expected of them as owners of the club....