BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

33 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

But Walton was part of our team last season which was on Mowbray. The team we had last year even with a fit Dack had no evidence of being capable of becoming a top 6 side. Lets not pretend otherwise.

I thought the first season up team was better suited for promotion....

Last season was poor , lacking excitement .....

Problem was Graham and Mulgrew grew old and Brereton was poor ....

Reed infinitely better player than Johnson ...

• Like 3

6 hours ago, tomphil said:

Back to the crazy days finance wise in terms of what is needed. 

I'm truly amazed we've any kind of budget without a big sale or two and i'll be surprised if there's been no emergency borrowing going on.  It's a big big call to expect them to chuck in that much.

Apparently it’s the minimum they should be doing right, @K-Hod ? ?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

They own the club. Covering any finances falls on them, it’s not complicated. 
We are only in this situation because of actions they have taken. The buck stops with them.

If only life were so simple mate.

The reality however is that many many owners of companies make mistakes, mess things up and then walk away from their responsibilities. In fact, you’ll be hard pressed to find many examples like ours where in spite of the fact there’s no emotional / historical connection, an owner pours millions of pounds into what is in effect a failing business with no obvious upside.

They're not mandated to put £15m a year into Rovers. But they still do. God knows why!

• Like 6

6 hours ago, WacoRover said:

No, but 139 pages of carping about the past, Whining about the owners not caring, and moaning about Mowbray, though! ?

It's really odd isn't it.

People from Blackburn actually caring about their home Town Club,

Who'd have thought it.  

• Like 9

8 hours ago, briansol said:

They tried for him, but Fulham had a better offer. According to Rich Sharpe. 

It was a loan so not sure how it could have been a better offer. He gets his wage anyway. Probably was just told he would play CM and a be a regular starter whereas TM probably told him he would have to watch Smallwood in training and fight for his place in the team and in no guaranteed position.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

The reality however is that many many owners of companies make mistakes, mess things up and then walk away from their responsibilities. In fact, you’ll be hard pressed to find many examples like ours where in spite of the fact there’s no emotional / historical connection, an owner pours millions of pounds into what is in effect a failing business with no obvious upside.

They're not mandated to put £15m a year into Rovers. But they still do. God knows why!

You're trouble is going to be equating what Venkys have done to simply 'making mistakes'. It runs far deeper than that. It's appalling mismanagement of a community institution. The debt and level of spend required to keep us going is 100% on their shoulders, so expecting people to be appreciative of them keeping us afloat is naieve at best. 

Now, any new transfer rumours? ?

• Like 9

9 hours ago, phili said:

If you look at this year according to Venky's London Limited they have given the us £19m for the past season, with £4m being added in 2 months ago to cover Covid Costs. Normally they add £9m in August/September and £5m in January as our lump sum injections each year. So we would expect a share issue at some point in the next few weeks to fund things. With no season ticket income at the minute, we will need a cash injection of £15m in the next 2 weeks followed by £9m in January to keep us at the same level of funding as this year. 

It's mental really that they can just keep chucking money at a club they don't appear to have any interest in. I'm not sure badly they've been affected by the current economic climate, but you'd think at some point it'd be worth gambling and chucking some decent transfer money in to try and get promotion. Suddenly the club becomes more prestigious to them if back in the Premier League, as well as giving them a chance to recoup some of their outlay.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

It's mental really that they can just keep chucking money at a club they don't appear to have any interest in. I'm not sure badly they've been affected by the current economic climate, but you'd think at some point it'd be worth gambling and chucking some decent transfer money in to try and get promotion. Suddenly the club becomes more prestigious to them if back in the Premier League, as well as giving them a chance to recoup some of their outlay.

It really is the only solution for them if they want a chance at getting their money back...there is no other way they. So it is mindboggling that they are trying to do it on the cheap (which actually just costs them more in the long run anyway). Start by getting in the best manager that money can buy ala Beisla at Leeds and back him (perhaps after the 3-year cycle of FFP has finished for us). Get a proper CEO and a proper structure set up at the club. Throw a nice chunk of money in for good signings and we might just have a chance. Take a bit of a gamble. 

All of it is being done on the cheap and it will never get us to where we and THEY need us to be for this to have a chance of ending. At our current rate of progression it will take 5 years to make the playoffs - it is far too slow.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Apparently it’s the minimum they should be doing right, @K-Hod ? ?

As much as i take issue with them i'm not one who just expects 20 million to be chucked in every 6 months we have to be realistic.

They run the club the way they do so yes keep making cock ups then keep paying for the mistakes but this is a bit different. It's a nightmare because post audit they seemed to have got it to a more comfortable level, like iv'e said before i think they are happy writing off 8-10 mill per season through the books for whatever reason.

My main issue is how it's used and what happens to it between India and here.  I also think the intention was or is to grow and invest in another team to start selling. Done properly though it could become a trading club again selling 1 for decent money every now and then as opposed to a selling club. Cashing in an asset every time there's bills outstanding and fire selling when the chips are really down.

Sadly this situation might force the issue into the latter and not a lot anyone can do, unless they are chucking similar levels in as to the post Kean black hole.  That would be difficult for even the harshest critic to complain about.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1

• Moderation Lead
2 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

As another poster has alluded to, if they ran the club properly, they probably wouldn’t have had to pay that much out. 
They aren’t philanthropic, they are absolutely disastrous.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, briansol said:

They tried for him, but Fulham had a better offer. According to Rich Sharpe. 

He didn't exactly build the team around him did he or give him any reason to stay? He wasn't always picked and he was told to play more  like Corry Evans FFS

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, LDRover said:

So, when Venkys eventually pull the plug and send us into oblivion (which has to be a matter of when rather than if) what will be the emotion towards them. Unmitigated hatred for destroying an institution of 150 years or a shrug of the shoulders and thanks for funding the 'stagnation years'?

‘The fans didn’t get behind the club’. 

34 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

34 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

That will be the line, I am sure.

I am worried that Covid may provide a "respectable" excuse for throwing in the towel-apologies LBJ!

Edited by Leonard Venkhater

47 minutes ago, LDRover said:

So, when Venkys eventually pull the plug and send us into oblivion (which has to be a matter of when rather than if) what will be the emotion towards them. Unmitigated hatred for destroying an institution of 150 years or a shrug of the shoulders and thanks for funding the 'stagnation years'?

IF that happens, I would say the majority of fans and non fans would say they destroyed the club. It's a simple line from where we were to where we ended up under them, regardless of the money they put in. 

I think it's far from inevitable that they will though, they are in far too deep already. Unless their other business goes under 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, phili said:

What normally happens with a loss making business is the following:

1. Auditors will ask the company for a forward projection for the next year.

2. If still loss making, auditors will ask the shareholders how they will fund losses to profitability or for the next year.

3. Auditors will then ask for written confirmation from shareholders that they will cover the losses as well as evidence of funds.

4. If Auditors are happy with answers and evidence of the above they will sign off the accounts. If they are not happy or evidence has not been forthcoming then there is a set procedure to follow. That has not happened so we can assume the auditors are happy and have approved the accounts.

This does not mean they have to fund the company for the next year as there are lots of wriggle room out of it. 

But during a transfer window there is absolutely no chance of either Venky's or the Bank of India placing us into administration.

These are VH Group accounts they'd be auditing. They make a profit not a loss. I'm pretty sure VH Group has a different start date to their fiscal year - I've never actually checked that.