BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

2 hours ago, Richard Oakley said:

That's the rumour that has been posted on this board.

@arbitro If the loan/debt is secured against the land, yes. If not, no.I suspect the SBOI would 'get' the club.

If you look at Companies House, you will see there are no charges registered against either The Blackburn Rovers Football and Athletic Limited or Venkys London Limited (holding company).

This would indicate that the Raos have provided secured personal guarantees to BOI for Rovers' overdraft facililities.

In the event of an insolvency, BOI will pursue Rovers for recovery of monies Rovers owe to BOI (very bad news for the club).  If that debt can't be recovered then, as is usual practice with personal guarantees (secured or otherwise), the Raos will be asked to honour their guarantees; if they have the liquid assets to do so, then end of story. if they haven't, then BOI will then turn to their secured assets.    

Edited by Mercer

On 02/08/2020 at 19:50, bluebruce said:

25 not 24, but yeh a good age for a goalie. Should easily have 10 years or more left in him, and likely get better over the next 5 or so.

From that video...not too many I'd put in the 'just wow' category, and I'd say most of them I'd expect Walton to have stopped too. But a few that I think you'd rarely or never see from Walton.

Looks a bit like he has a tendency to parry when he could catch, but that's a modern keeper's disease. A lot of these were pretty much straight at him, and I find saves like that to be overrated, but some he came out well for, some good intentional parries on them (as opposed to it being blasted right at him, which I find it bizarre when a keeper gets praise for) and looks good at stopping them with his feet, which I think is an underrated keeping skill. It bugs me when I see a keeper beaten because they tried to get down to something they could have stopped with their feet.

Only a highlights reel but overall I'm feeling fine about it if we get him at the right price. The real measure of a goalie is in their consistency though, and it's promising he got player of the season for Charlton, a team who I'm sure spent much of the season under the cosh. 65 goals conceded, only 2 more than us despite being 15 points lower.

I wonder what a likely fee would be. A few suitors, and Charlton clearly rate him, but they just got relegated, have financial issues, and Phillips has a year left on his deal with no intention to extend apparently. Plus the current financial climate. A million with a sell-on?

It also occurs to me that TM said his preference is for an experienced, older stopper, and a younger one to learn from them. I doubt Phillips wants to be the understudy.

And just read this: Only Millwall's Bartosz Bialkowski recorded a higher save percentage than the Addicks 'keeper

That sounds good to me! Sign him up.

Looks good, seems to be able to spring from a stand still not like Waltont who always seems to need a step or two before diving.  This has made him late to several goals he should have stopped.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/18636225.salary-caps-introduced-championship-discussions-ongoing/

League One and Two introducing salary caps, well below what ours was in League One. No clarity there on how it affects teams who go down (as I'd argue that forcing them into a fire sale as soon as they go down would hardly encourage financial sustainability for relegated clubs).

Implied that the Championship are considering a similar move, but not explicitly stated. They could be in talks about whether to delay profit and sustainability cut offs etc instead.

Not sure how it will work. Surely Wigan, Sunderland, Ipswich etc. will need to make cutbacks. Surely they will need time to adapt. Bit unfair if they are sanctioned on contracts entered into prior to the rules existing. Then again that didn't stop us being nailed by FFP when a large part of our losses were from our Premier League days before we were subject to the rules.

• Like 1

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Clubs will get round it, especially bigger ones; bonuses, paying family members as ‘consultants’, you name it!

At the moment in L1 or L2 clubs have no income so not sure any of them want to get round it. From what i have heard so far, clubs are looking at cancelling contracts and renegotiate with who they want to keep etc. It will be interesting with the PFA stance on all of this, as if they are not agreeable and fans are not allowed back into grounds in the next 6 months, then potentially no L1 or L2 clubs will exist.

Championship there will be some that want to get round it if a similar 

12 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/18636225.salary-caps-introduced-championship-discussions-ongoing/

League One and Two introducing salary caps, well below what ours was in League One. No clarity there on how it affects teams who go down (as I'd argue that forcing them into a fire sale as soon as they go down would hardly encourage financial sustainability for relegated clubs).

Implied that the Championship are considering a similar move, but not explicitly stated. They could be in talks about whether to delay profit and sustainability cut offs etc instead.

£18m wage cap is being discussed for Champ but no vote planned as yet and not going to be in time for the coming season

The great football finance reset could finally be about to get underway and not before time. Those at the top end will be unscathed though i bet, in fact they'll be allowed to keep throwing obscene money around that increases every year.

An 8 team Super League will be on the cards again before long.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, phili said:

At the moment in L1 or L2 clubs have no income so not sure any of them want to get round it. From what i have heard so far, clubs are looking at cancelling contracts and renegotiate with who they want to keep etc. It will be interesting with the PFA stance on all of this, as if they are not agreeable and fans are not allowed back into grounds in the next 6 months, then potentially no L1 or L2 clubs will exist.

Championship there will be some that want to get round it if a similar 

There will always be the more ambitious L1 owner that will sniff out an opportunity, through promotion bonuses etc. You can’t imagine much of a fair playing field in a year or two if things become a little more ‘normal’.

It would be a farce if attempted in the Championship.

Just now, arbitro said:

Transfer fees seem to be so arbitrary to me but I would personally sell.

so you would sell Armstrong for 10 million?

I would be giving him a new 4 year contract with no release clause in the contract

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 1

Hypothetically I'd say £10m was a very reasonable offer for Armstrong, he's a fairly in and out player who tends not to influence games on an off day. A fully fit Dack would be a different matter, I'd value him at at least £20m.

That doesn't alter the fact that as things stand we'd be absolutely goosed if either were sold and in footballing terms they shouldn't be sold. You wouldn't trust the manager to reinvest the proceeds wisely and you'd suspect that in Armstrong's case he'd  go on to do even better under another  manager.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Mercer said:

If you look at Companies House, you will see there are no charges registered against either The Blackburn Rovers Football and Athletic Limited or Venkys London Limited (holding company).

This would indicate that the Raos have provided secured personal guarantees to BOI for Rovers' overdraft facililities.

In the event of an insolvency, BOI will pursue Rovers for recovery of monies Rovers owe to BOI (very bad news for the club).  If that debt can't be recovered then, as is usual practice with personal guarantees (secured or otherwise), the Raos will be asked to honour their guarantees; if they have the liquid assets to do so, then end of story. if they haven't, then BOI will then turn to their secured assets.    

The Raos aren't directors of Blackburn Rovers. I expect that the collateral offered the SBOI was the clubs issued share capital as owned by VLL. It probably looked like a very sweet deal at the start.