BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Have a look online and research the player. 

But here a very simple question, is he wasn't any good why would he at Man City and his country number at such a young age? 

To be fair Chaddy he might have all the ability in the world, but there's no getting away from it being a massive unknown and therefore a risk when he has played so little football. 

If he was a striker raw ability and letting the player make a few mistakes along the way is fine. For a keeper, it would be a risk even if we were taking the next Peter Schmeichel. 

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

But here a very simple question, is he wasn't any good why would he at Man City and his country number at such a young age? 

Chaddy he plays for Kosovo not Brazil. He has 10 caps for his country, Louis Annesley has 9 for his country but I don't see you advocating playing him at centre back.

• Like 3

Also, on Iversen. Is he this really highly rated keeper?

I had a quick look online, all I could find on Rotherhams forum was this on their squad ahead of this next season:

https://boards.footymad.net/showthread.php?t=38261584&highlight=iversen

Iverson. Maybe! He looked a bit iffy and nervous a few games before the season ended. Looked solid prior the that.

Iversen. Agree, I’d look for another personally.

Pretty much what I was thinking get rid of McDonald Jones and the loans (maybe try get barlaser back) and replace them with 3 new midfielders a new keeper and a fullback and a loan striker.

Not really overly enthusiastic. Walton was remembered more fondly in League 1 with Wigan keeping so many clean sheets.

Just now, roversfan99 said:

There is nothing to research chaddy, thats the whole point. His career resume is 4 Championship games, 6 League cup games and one game in the Dutch League game.Plus 10 internationals.

And this is my point! Loaning in a kid who has barely played any senior football is a massive and unnecessary gamble.

Is being Kosovo number 1 now a badge of honour? Hardly a goalkeeping fountain of quality. Plus he is theres forever, so at least if he does get good they will get to see the benefits.

But you failed to answer a very simple question. if he wasn't any good why would he been Man City? Plenty to research but if you dont want to fair enough. 

City want to loan him and after our work with Adarabioyo which City would have like I would think they would offer him on good terms similar terms to previous loan of Adarabioyo. 

Young keeper need to be loan out and playing 1st team football. Look at Fisher who is 22 years and barely played any club football at 1st team level even after a few loans. 

Just now, Tugayisgod said:

Couldn't have been more wrong about Jon Mclaughlin

Hope he's wrong about the loan keepers too! Wouldn't be the first time. As far as I can tell though this other bloke has just started his twitter account a couple of weeks ago and starting spitting out rumours like there's no tomorrow. As much as I would like Phillips, I don't think this guy has a clue either way.

But you failed to answer a very simple question. if he wasn't any good why would he been Man City? Plenty to research but if you dont want to fair enough. 

City want to loan him and after our work with Adarabioyo which City would have like I would think they would offer him on good terms similar terms to previous loan of Adarabioyo. 

Young keeper need to be loan out and playing 1st team football. Look at Fisher who is 22 years and barely played any club football at 1st team level even after a few loans. 

He has barely played any senior football to research on.

Just because he is at City doesnt mean that he is any good. But even if he will be, he is miles away from his peak. Forest loaned him in probably thinking the same, he played a couple of games and then Forest instantly replaced him.

If you cant see the risk and the problems with loaning in a kid who has barely played any professional football then fair enough.

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

He’s rubbish lad, ask city fans and you can ask forest fans also 

14 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Afternoon everyone. Just had to tidy up a few petty squabbles in this thread. Can we tone it down and be a bit more civil please? If anyone wants to know how to ignore any posters that clearly get their back up, slide into my DMs and I’ll talk you through the process. 

Unfortunately, the Quote function subverts the Ignore facility. ?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

To be fair Chaddy he might have all the ability in the world, but there's no getting away from it being a massive unknown and therefore a risk when he has played so little football. 

I agree Nelsen. There is risk in signing Muric on loan. 

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Also, on Iversen. Is he this really highly rated keeper?

I had a quick look online, all I could find on Rotherhams forum was this on their squad ahead of this next season:

https://boards.footymad.net/showthread.php?t=38261584&highlight=iversen

Iverson. Maybe! He looked a bit iffy and nervous a few games before the season ended. Looked solid prior the that.

Iversen. Agree, I’d look for another personally.

You would have thought you would learnt about you listening to fans opinions on players like Downing and Adarabioyo?

But you failed to answer a very simple question. if he wasn't any good why would he been Man City?

Just because he's at Man City it doesn't automatically mean he's good. Jack Byrne was at Man City when he was around the same age as Muric and he wasn't much of it. Palmer was at Chelsea at a similar age and you weren't a fan of him. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I researched and this was the first thing i found

https://www.google.com/amp/s/forest.vitalfootball.co.uk/will-not-be-strengthened-by-adding-this-clown-some-forest-urge-caution-as-former-red-linked-with-move/amp/

Edited by Sparks Rover

I'm ok with expensive loanees (fee + wages) if they're going to put you over the top for a promotion challenge.

We're sadly nowhere near that, so it seems an odd way to conduct business. 

If I was in charge I'd rather spend the same money (as I bet it wouldn't be much different) on the Keeper from Wigan or Charlton and the Doncaster CM.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

Yes, but his contract ran down here....I'd be very surprised if we had any leverage for this, seeing as it went to a tribunal. 

In fact, I'm certain there will be no clause....why would Bournemouth agree to that for an out of contract player....?

If it went to a Trib then Bournemouth wouldn't have a choice I presume. 

47 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Thats what i said.  If he was a youth produxt we would get compo...but he isnt

It went to tribunal he didn't leave on a bosman.It was reported at the time the tribunal had a 20 percent sell on clause.The let also ran the clause story in January when United were interested in signing him

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LDRover said:

If you were a Prem manager would you let your promising keeper out on loan for a year to be mentored and developed by Biz Ben Benson?

In fairness, these players have had the best coaching money can buy since they were 6.

He's out on loan to get game time. He's not going to listen to the coaches at Rovers et al.

• Like 1