Jump to content
Stuart

Summer Transfer Window

Recommended Posts

This thread was showing "hot" when I switched on to read whilst I was having my tea.

Turns out it wasn't even lukewarm... ☹

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Time to move on from Downing (unless of course he has already signed but it hasn't been announced) it's been nearly three weeks since it was announced he had been offered terms, if he hasn't signed by now then his heart obviously isn't in it. Let's not allow him to take the piss with his contract offer like we did with Rodwell last summer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Atko's Engine said:

This thread was showing "hot" when I switched on to read whilst I was having my tea.

Turns out it wasn't even lukewarm... ☹

Making your tea wrong if it's lukewarm ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, roversfan99 said:

No, my point was not necessarily about the duration of the players deal, although youd probably sign Marshall for 2 or 3 years rather than one. It was and always has been that I am against the idea of loaning a kid in net, when he is most likely to make mistakes that will be on our watch rather than for his parent club.

Marshall at least would be a steady hand, the opposite of these error prone rookies, and one who has already shown that he is capable at this level. A critical part of a better defensive unit than ours.

Compared to this, Muric has made barely any senior experiences and a team who finished above us last year dropped him after 4 games, upgraded and sent him back. How could you possibly get excited about someone like that, regardless of a penalty save he once made when he conceded 5.

You have suggested them both (Iversen and Muric) numerous times this week, defended them and the prospect of signing them, of course on the back of hearing the rumour that we wanted them, have externally requested and posted stats for them etc.

why would Rovers offer 35 years old anymore than one year deal? 

Marshall would be nothing short of 1 year possible 2 years stop gap. So basically the same as a loan in reality. 

Muric might have grow into the team and got better with times. Who knows. 

Yet again who got excited about him? no one. read what people posted instead of what you want to say or read. All people did was discuss the player and the prospect of signing him. No one got excited over him. 

Yes I suggested a few names including a keeper from Man Utd and Brighton if I remember correctly when a poster suggested we could be loaning a young Premier League keeper. crime of the century there. Yes I discussed the prospect of signing them both like I do with every link. Yes I said don't judge players of other clubs fans comments like you did last summer when Downing and Adarabioyo signed. complaining about both signings! 

Yes Rovers Chat did a YouTube video on possible keepers and I asked Andy Watson from the show did he have the stats for Muric and Iversen. I also asked for O'Hara stats. is that wrong thing to asked him to do?  He and the other person in that show discuss a number of keeper options. I quite like the look of Muller stats from Bundesliga 2 but without seeing him in a live game I couldn't give a proper opinion on him 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

why would Rovers offer 35 years old anymore than one year deal? 

Marshall would be nothing short of 1 year possible 2 years stop gap. So basically the same as a loan in reality. 

Muric might have grow into the team and got better with times. Who knows. 

Yet again who got excited about him? no one. read what people posted instead of what you want to say or read. All people did was discuss the player and the prospect of signing him. No one got excited over him. 

Yes I suggested a few names including a keeper from Man Utd and Brighton if I remember correctly when a poster suggested we could be loaning a young Premier League keeper. crime of the century there. Yes I discussed the prospect of signing them both like I do with every link. Yes I said don't judge players of other clubs fans comments like you did last summer when Downing and Adarabioyo signed. complaining about both signings! 

Yes Rovers Chat did a YouTube video on possible keepers and I asked Andy Watson from the show did he have the stats for Muric and Iversen. I also asked for O'Hara stats. is that wrong thing to asked him to do?  He and the other person in that show discuss a number of keeper options. I quite like the look of Muller stats from Bundesliga 2 but without seeing him in a live game I couldn't give a proper opinion on him 

 

 

Even assuming that Marshall joined on a one year deal, which I dont think would be the case. We will assume as such for comparitive sakes.

Both are stop gaps. One is an experienced goalkeeper, of proven quality, part of a better defence than ours last season and not error prone.

One is a total rookie, very young, very little senior experience bar one bad experience.

Even if Muric did grow, it wouldnt be to our benefit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Atko's Engine said:

This thread was showing "hot" when I switched on to read whilst I was having my tea.

Turns out it wasn't even lukewarm... ☹

One day this will all seem like a bad dream. There be transfer tittle-tattle in them hills. Keep the faith...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would offer Marshall a longer deal with a view for him to become the keeper coach.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

if we want Charlton Keeper Philips then I would be on the phone speaking to Dave Jones who appears to be new guy in charge of transfers at Charlton. Above Steve Gallen(DoF) and Bowyer(manager).

 

Now there’s a laugh he was also in charge at Bury with Dale and the same solicitor and a few other of the same faces. Trying to kill another proud club off 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Just catching up. In the absense of a transfer links thread, has anyone actually reported us being interested in Muric and Iverson? Or is it just fan gossip which the tubby tabloid peddler has picked up on?

Edited by Hasta

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Just catching up. In the absense of a transfer links thread, has anyone actually reported us being interested in Muric and Iverson? Or is it just fan gossip which the tubby tabloid peddler has picked up on?

Nixon linked us to Muric from Man City and Iversen from Leicester. On loan. 

Also says we are interested in Dillon Philips from Charlton. Would cost more than a Million. Only 12 months left on his deal there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What happened the last time we heard that about a Charlton player we were after ?

Either sign Philips and stump up the cash if they really want him otherwise move on. It's the dithering that ends up costing more in the long run.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, PeteJD13 said:

Said it before two untested and inexperienced loan keepers is a recipe for disaster. We’ve had 12 months to plan for this and our much vaunted European scouting next work, comes up with two inexperienced kids. It’s almost like we’ve learnt nothing in 12 months it’s inexcusably bad if either sign as first choice 

It'll come down to which agents push the hardest as usual.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, PeteJD13 said:

Said it before two untested and inexperienced loan keepers is a recipe for disaster. We’ve had 12 months to plan for this and our much vaunted European scouting next work, comes up with two inexperienced kids. It’s almost like we’ve learnt nothing in 12 months it’s inexcusably bad if either sign as first choice 

This supposed scouting network we have is a joke.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sponsor
6 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Then, people will have to do the unthinkable- put their big boy pants on and just keep scrolling....

Excellent advice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Stuart said:

This supposed scouting network we have is a joke.

Evident we don't really have a European scouting network all chat to get fans excited for no reason

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, LDRover said:

Tolkien trail Merce? See you at The Shireburn later

Not today!

It's a lovely walk though and done many times.

Like the Shireburn very much.  Great ales, good grub and stunning views at the back! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mercer said:

Not today!

It's a lovely walk though and done many times.

Like the Shireburn very much.  Great ales, good grub and stunning views at the back! 

Was sat next to a bloke and his missus enjoying a bottle of red this afternoon there and wondered if it was you!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

But you failed to answer a very simple question. if he wasn't any good why would he been Man City? Plenty to research but if you dont want to fair enough. 

City want to loan him and after our work with Adarabioyo which City would have like I would think they would offer him on good terms similar terms to previous loan of Adarabioyo. 

Young keeper need to be loan out and playing 1st team football. Look at Fisher who is 22 years and barely played any club football at 1st team level even after a few loans. 

Christian Dailly, Ashley Ward, Kevin Davies. Nathan Blake....etc need I say any more!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LDRover said:

Was sat next to a bloke and his missus enjoying a bottle of red this afternoon there and wondered if it was you!!

Sadly, no.

If you think it's me next time then give the guy a nudge and if it is me, I'll buy you a pint!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

why would Rovers offer 35 years old anymore than one year deal? 

Marshall would be nothing short of 1 year possible 2 years stop gap. So basically the same as a loan in reality. 

Muric might have grow into the team and got better with times. Who knows. 

Yet again who got excited about him? no one. read what people posted instead of what you want to say or read. All people did was discuss the player and the prospect of signing him. No one got excited over him. 

Yes I suggested a few names including a keeper from Man Utd and Brighton if I remember correctly when a poster suggested we could be loaning a young Premier League keeper. crime of the century there. Yes I discussed the prospect of signing them both like I do with every link. Yes I said don't judge players of other clubs fans comments like you did last summer when Downing and Adarabioyo signed. complaining about both signings! 

Yes Rovers Chat did a YouTube video on possible keepers and I asked Andy Watson from the show did he have the stats for Muric and Iversen. I also asked for O'Hara stats. is that wrong thing to asked him to do?  He and the other person in that show discuss a number of keeper options. I quite like the look of Muller stats from Bundesliga 2 but without seeing him in a live game I couldn't give a proper opinion on him 

 

 

Stop talking sh1te.

Buffon is 40+ and still playing top class football.

So you are saying you would not have offered a 35 year old Buffon more than a one year contract...........................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tomphil said:

What happened the last time we heard that about a Charlton player we were after ?

Either sign Philips and stump up the cash if they really want him otherwise move on. It's the dithering that ends up costing more in the long run.

Exactly. Everybody involved with the club surely understand the critical nature of obtaining a quality keeper. This could be the season Rovers make a big push at playoffs, or possibly auto promotion, IF we hold onto key players, and improve ourselves at keeper, LB, and CB.

if not, we will be just another mid table club in the Championship. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Christian Dailly, Ashley Ward, Kevin Davies. Nathan Blake....etc need I say any more!

In our pomp, we released plenty of youngsters who trickled down to the lower and non-leagues.

Just because they're on a Premier League club's books means squat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For the European Recruitment Network to work you need a manager who’s open to that ... No point having that when everything has to be run past him .... It just doesn’t work ...

On one side you have a whole department with lots of information and players piling up and then it has to be bottled necked for our man in charge .. theirs only so many videos a man can watch in a day .. 

A Man needs to be put in charge in hiring players ...We are miles behind other clubs 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.