Stuart

Summer Transfer Window

39 minutes ago, unleaded said:

For the European Recruitment Network to work you need a manager who’s open to that ... No point having that when everything has to be run past him .... It just doesn’t work ...

On one side you have a whole department with lots of information and players piling up and then it has to be bottled necked for our man in charge .. theirs only so many videos a man can watch in a day .. 

A Man needs to be put in charge in hiring players ...We are miles behind other clubs 

Our structure is like something from the 1960's or 70's. The manager runs the club, handles all football activity including organising fixtures, scouting, transfers, media and then coaching and matchday.

As you say it is decades behind what other clubs have put into place.

Football has moved on and you need a structure and backroom team in place that continues alongside and independently of the manager.

7 hours ago, CD_93 said:

TIL.

Mickey Mouse Club!

7 hours ago, Tom said:

Mickey Mouse Club!

I wanted to be in that.

Phillips is a keeper and would cost a fee. A non starter here.

9 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Looks like Phillips was a load of tosh according to Sharpe......

No surprise there.

Think it tells you all you need to know about the state of Rovers and our manager.

A PERMANENT number one goalkeeper with some experience and proven ability should be our number one priority.  Instead, it seems we are p1ssing about with novices from PL clubs with neither experience nor proven ability at league level.  IMO, absolutely diabolical - full stop. 

13 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Looks like Phillips was a load of tosh according to Sharpe......

He's the decent name chucked about whilst they wait to be offered something cheap from the c list.

Like the 'defenders are coming' scenario Mowbrays rep hangs on this.  A good one in or lucky loan or it's a very black mark Tony not the sign of building a team or a gaffer who knows what he's doing. Just more finger in the dyke hope for the best stuff.

How many more pages before our first signing? 100? 200?

11 minutes ago, Mercer said:

No surprise there.

Think it tells you all you need to know about the state of Rovers and our manager.

A PERMANENT number one goalkeeper with some experience and proven ability should be our number one priority.  Instead, it seems we are p1ssing about with novices from PL clubs with neither experience nor proven ability at league level.  IMO, absolutely diabolical - full stop. 

Whilst I 100% believe Mowbray isn't good enough to get us promoted I think he's operating in an almost impossible situation with our owners in regards to transfers. You simply can't ignore them when blaming people for the state of our recruitment.  

On 31/07/2020 at 12:00, Hannoverover said:

Little update from yesterday. Now been confirmed that Zieler and Marvin Bakalorz, plus Felipe (old defender) and Prib (current captain, midfielder) will train with the hannover reserve team and will leave the club. I would take Zieler and maybe Prib 

Zieler almost gone to Cologne on an initial loan. Apparently they are only paying half his €600 000 per year wage!

Just now, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

Whilst I 100% believe Mowbray isn't good enough to get us promoted I think he's operating in an almost impossible situation with our owners in regards to transfers. You simply can't ignore them when blaming people for the state of our recruitment.  

IF, and I think it's a big IF, Mowbray is so restricted then, IMO, any manager with integrity and a degree of self respect would walk instead of continuing to take the dollar and, perhaps, mislead the fans.

17 minutes ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

Whilst I 100% believe Mowbray isn't good enough to get us promoted I think he's operating in an almost impossible situation with our owners in regards to transfers. 

I know, the 12m Mowbray pissed up the wall ,stupid owners....

24 minutes ago, Mercer said:

IF, and I think it's a big IF, Mowbray is so restricted then, IMO, any manager with integrity and a degree of self respect would walk instead of continuing to take the dollar and, perhaps, mislead the fans.

I agree, but he knows he's about as high up the football food chain as he is going to get though doesn't he, why would he walk now? 

Sponsor
44 minutes ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

Wasn't the owners fault Mowbray fell out with and scapegoated Raya, sold him for peanuts, wasted the proceeds on an abysmal forward, then found securing a permanent replacement was going to be a lot more difficult than he had anticipated!

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

No surprise there.

Yes, a quality keeper is our top priority, I'd be reasonably happy if there were no major sales and we only brought in a keeper who was actually half decent.

10 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Wasn't the owners fault Mowbray fell out with and scapegoated Raya, sold him for peanuts, wasted the proceeds on an abysmal forward, then found securing a permanent replacement was going to be a lot more difficult than he had anticipated!

Was it Mowbray's fault that they dismantled a well run Premiership club? We've ended up shopping in the basement bargain bin because of them, Mowbray will always be a symptom of the disease. 

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Tony is guided by his pensions advisers. 

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

no chance. 

Mowbray's comments was damning of him

So why did he keep playing him?

Most of us could tell throughout the season he was no good, his command of the box on crosses is decent and rarely dropped a cross but overall he’s poor 

Edited by Tom

30 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Gallagher, Brereton bargain basement at 12m?

Bargain basement goal returns, top dollar prices. Excellent negotiating tactics.....

35 minutes ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

Have you seen them play!? 🙂

Have you seen what they cost? Bargains are good value, they're quite the opposite...

Just now, bluebruce said:

Have you seen what they cost? Bargains are good value, they're quite the opposite...

Somebody explain sarcasm