BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

Just now, roversfan99 said:

People have been fairly unanimous in being content should the links with Phillips and Marshall be anything other than paper talk.

As the board was when we signed Johnson for example. And Holtby.

So not sure that this "our fans are desperate to moan at anything" is totally accurate.

Wow, you have really gone rogue along your usual lines here. Where in gods name did I say that? Using the quotation marks and everything ?

I must say that Pears from Boro on the face of it is worrying in terms of whether there’s a point at all in our national or European network...

Having said that, reading the gazette article it does seem that this lad is a bit more than most at his age...20 odd first team appearances and kept out the new (7 figure) signing after Randolph left. 

Please god let it be our no.2 if there’s any truth.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Mercer said:

19 days since last season ended.

33 days before the new season begins.

I think the silence from Ewood about football matters is deafening.

It should be the duty of Rovers' employees to promote and develop the club, creating a culture, a brand and an identity.

Sadly, I see and hear nothing.  IMO, it's a shambles with the fans being treated like muppets. 

Can you give me a long list of new additions in the championship, not sure you can, let’s wait until everyone starts signing a few before we start the usual club calling.

• Like 3

Just now, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

A conference is a type of pear. I shouldn't have to explain them. ?

? Very good mate, but a little too subtle. I normally pick up on things like that but I missed that one completely!

Perhaps put a inverted commas around 'Conference' & 'Pears' to help those of us out who aren't quite up to speed. ?

Just now, windymiller7 said:

? Very good mate, but a little too subtle. I normally pick up on things like that but I missed that one completely!

Perhaps put a inverted commas around 'Conference' & 'Pears' to help those of us out who aren't quite up to speed. ?

A joke loses its edge, if you have to explain it.

Just now, windymiller7 said:

I deleted the explanation. I feel like van Gogh before he cut his ear off. ?

Edited by Hoochie Bloochie Mama
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, unsall said:

Can you give me a long list of new additions in the championship, not sure you can, let’s wait until everyone starts signing a few before we start the usual club calling.

It's not just about signing new players.

Tell me one positive communique from Rovers since the season ended that would offer fans a slither of hope or optimism.

“Communication is your ticket to success, if you pay attention and learn to do it effectively.” TG.

I would think Pears would be coming here as number 2. would be cheap deal no doubt. At least He has played some championship football unlike our own Fisher who has no leagues games at this level. 

I'm not going to going OTT over simple link. I will judge when they signed here. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

I would think Pears would be coming here as number 2. would be cheap deal no doubt. At least He has played some championship football unlike our own Fisher who has no leagues games at this level. 

I'm not going to going OTT over simple link. I will judge when they signed here. 

Dont you rate the young keepers we already have on the books? 

17 hours ago, JHRover said:

Our structure is like something from the 1960's or 70's. The manager runs the club, handles all football activity including organising fixtures, scouting, transfers, media and then coaching and matchday.

As you say it is decades behind what other clubs have put into place.

Football has moved on and you need a structure and backroom team in place that continues alongside and independently of the manager.

I would imagine the vast majority of Scouting, recruitment or Data Analysing departments would say in place regarding whether Mowbray stays or not

8 hours ago, JHRover said:

Phillips is a keeper and would cost a fee. A non starter here.

Why non-starter? Or we don't want more than 1 million pounds for a player who is out of contract in less than 12 months

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I am unconvinced that he would move (especially from his home club) at such a young age permanently to come and sit on our bench.

I would agree though that it could make much more sense to us if it was accompanying a more experienced keeper ie a Marshall.

why would he stay at Boro if he isn't even going to be on the bench there? 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

The fact he's played some games at this level doesn't necessarily make him any better than Fisher, if by chance we'd had injuries in that position  like Boro and been forced to play Fisher or had simply opted to give him a try out because Walton was so poor, would you still say this Boro lad was a much better option?

The fact he's played a few games doesn't mean he's the answer any more than the view that Fisher is not because he hasn't yet been handed his chance.

It's like saying a crap older keeper is the answer because they have "experience". It's nonsense.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Pears would make further mockery of this European scouting network if Mowbray went and signed the son of someone he used to play with at Boro!

https://twitter.com/MarkTaylor0/status/1288012506192125957/photo/1

His shot saving % is pretty decent, similar to Raya and better than Walton.

But yeah, give me a Dillon Phillips, a David Marshall, or indeed someone outside of the usual names who can come in and perform straight away. Pears for sure above a kid on loan but not what we need.

why don't you wait and see who we sign for the transfer positions we want players for until the window is done. You are very judgement and OTT alot of the time. 

Yes his stats are very similar to Raya which is interested. Philips's stats are good.  

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

19 days since last season ended.

33 days before the new season begins.

I think the silence from Ewood about football matters is deafening.

It should be the duty of Rovers' employees to promote and develop the club, creating a culture, a brand and an identity.

Sadly, I see and hear nothing.  IMO, it's a shambles with the fans being treated like muppets. 

Yes 33 days to go and not many signings at this level. 

Also what you have overlooked that the club staff are on furlough and Blackburn is on Covid restrictions meaning that the club has been less active with certain items

47 minutes ago, unsall said:

Exactly. I think Mikey Delap posted on twitter at the weekend that they only been 8 signings so far