Stuart

Summer Transfer Window

Just now, unsall said:

Why react to a link as though we  have signed him, even if true everyone knows we need 2 goalies, could be for back up, let’s wait and see who we sign before beating up everyone at the club.

If venkys had only turned up last summer, and that last summer was an unusual odd one out in our recruitment policy (making a mess of the GK situation plus no permanent defenders) I think everyone would agree with those comments.

We're nearly 10 years into there ownership now though, we know which way this is going.

57 minutes ago, unsall said:

Why react to a link as though we  have signed him, even if true everyone knows we need 2 goalies, could be for back up, let’s wait and see who we sign before beating up everyone at the club.

We have 3 backups at the club already. Hilton Fisher and Eastham. Why blow a wage on another with barely more experience than those. Unless we are planning on binning some of them off. 

1 hour ago, unsall said:

Would you say the same if everyone was excited at the prospect of signing someone? Can't have it both ways.

Just now, Amo said:

Would you say the same if everyone was excited at the prospect of signing someone? Can't have it both ways.

Those moaning would just say not to believe everything you read :) 

It’s frustrating, waiting so long to get new players in. It’s what happened the last two years, and it surely doesn’t help the team. 

Just now, WacoRover said:

It’s frustrating, waiting so long to get new players in. It’s what happened the last two years, and it surely doesn’t help the team. 

19 days since last season ended.

33 days before the new season begins.

I think the silence from Ewood about football matters is deafening.

It should be the duty of Rovers' employees to promote and develop the club, creating a culture, a brand and an identity.

Sadly, I see and hear nothing.  IMO, it's a shambles with the fans being treated like muppets. 

I wouldn't rate the Pears story as serious. Gibson's on record as saying negotiating with Venkys was his worst experience. Warnock could say something similar. The reporter thought Walton was impressive. For me, the Story's really about Warnock looking for an experienced keeper. We've already got three keepers Pears' age.

16 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Those moaning would just say not to believe everything you read :) 

People have been fairly unanimous in being content should the links with Phillips and Marshall be anything other than paper talk.

As the board was when we signed Johnson for example. And Holtby.

So not sure that this "our fans are desperate to moan at anything" is totally accurate.

Just now, roversfan99 said:

People have been fairly unanimous in being content should the links with Phillips and Marshall be anything other than paper talk.

As the board was when we signed Johnson for example. And Holtby.

So not sure that this "our fans are desperate to moan at anything" is totally accurate.

Wow, you have really gone rogue along your usual lines here. Where in gods name did I say that? Using the quotation marks and everything 🤣

2 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

I heard Waggott, Mowbray and Gibson were in a Conference about Pears.

I heard they were in a conference call whilst eating pears 

We need an independent tribunal to investigate all Mowbray signings.

Anyone who has a link with him shouldn't be allowed. He's clearly just setting his mate's son up with a nice living here. 

3 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Anyone who has a link with him shouldn't be allowed. He's clearly just setting his mate's son up with a nice living here. 

Is this a joke?

3 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Peak silly season 

I must say that Pears from Boro on the face of it is worrying in terms of whether there’s a point at all in our national or European network...

Having said that, reading the gazette article it does seem that this lad is a bit more than most at his age...20 odd first team appearances and kept out the new (7 figure) signing after Randolph left. 

Please god let it be our no.2 if there’s any truth.

Sponsor

It’s all going pear shaped 

27 minutes ago, Mercer said:

19 days since last season ended.

33 days before the new season begins.

I think the silence from Ewood about football matters is deafening.

It should be the duty of Rovers' employees to promote and develop the club, creating a culture, a brand and an identity.

Sadly, I see and hear nothing.  IMO, it's a shambles with the fans being treated like muppets. 

Can you give me a long list of new additions in the championship, not sure you can, let’s wait until everyone starts signing a few before we start the usual club calling.

Just now, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

A conference is a type of pear. I shouldn't have to explain them. 😣

😁 Very good mate, but a little too subtle. I normally pick up on things like that but I missed that one completely!

Perhaps put a inverted commas around 'Conference' & 'Pears' to help those of us out who aren't quite up to speed. 🤣

Just now, windymiller7 said:

😁 Very good mate, but a little too subtle. I normally pick up on things like that but I missed that one completely!

Perhaps put a inverted commas around 'Conference' & 'Pears' to help those of us out who aren't quite up to speed. 🤣

A joke loses its edge, if you have to explain it.

Posted (edited)
Just now, windymiller7 said:

I deleted the explanation. I feel like van Gogh before he cut his ear off. 😁

Edited by Hoochie Bloochie Mama

6 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

I deleted the explanation. I feel like van Gogh before he cut his ear off. 😁

Pardon.

11 minutes ago, unsall said:

Can you give me a long list of new additions in the championship, not sure you can, let’s wait until everyone starts signing a few before we start the usual club calling.

It's not just about signing new players.

Tell me one positive communique from Rovers since the season ended that would offer fans a slither of hope or optimism.

“Communication is your ticket to success, if you pay attention and learn to do it effectively.” TG.

Just now, Mercer said:

It's not just about signing new players.

Tell me one positive communique from Rovers since the season ended that would offer fans a slither of hope or optimism.

“Communication is your ticket to success, if you pay attention and learn to do it effectively.” TG.

Terry Gennoe?