BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

3 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Yes, what's the bloody point. Go now Tony and take Tesco with you

We both know the problems run a lot deeper than that. 

The club is still being run by football agents. That's what happens when you have disinterested, absentee owners and no organisational structure. 

They remember all the heat that got directed at SEM/Kentaro which prompted Jerome Anderson to do that puff piece on SSN and spill crocodile tears.

It's being kept on the down-low and on a smaller scale due to our diminished status but it's business as usual.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Amo said:

We both know the problems run a lot deeper than that. 

The club is still being run by football agents. That's what happens when you have disinterested, absentee owners and no organisational structure. 

They remember all the heat that got directed at SEM/Kentaro which prompted Jerome Anderson to do that puff piece on SSN and spill crocodile tears.

It's being kept on the down-low and on a smaller scale due to our diminished status but it's business as usual.

It wouldnt be run by agents if Roy Keane was in charge....or someone like him.  

Just now, Amo said:

And probably why Keane wouldn't last two seconds here.

Keane would be my choice alongside an innovative and hungry coach.

We need a whirlwind to get rid of all the complacency, deadwood and holiday club atmosphere that, IMO, is ruining our club.

• Like 1

Just now, Mercer said:

We need a whirlwind to get rid of all the complacency, deadwood and holiday club atmosphere that, IMO, is ruining our club.

Won't happen, Mercer. Too many conflicts of interest.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

I won’t defend them but venkys are still financially supporting the club thank god otherwise who knows where we would be?

They are keeping us afloat now, but it could be easily argued we wouldn't be here if it wasn't for their existence in the first place.

But we will never know what would have happened post-2010 in a world where Venky's didn't purchase the club. We weren't exactly high flying in the Premier League, there's of course a possibility that relegation could've occurred at some point between 2010 and now, in any case, Venky's or not. But there's also then the possibility of the polar opposite; survival, growth and who knows?

Almost like whether a tree falling in the woods with nobody around actually makes a sound or not, we cannot really say for sure whether their arrival is the only reality in which we head into a downfall through the pyramid. Who else was going to purchase the club at that time? Would the Walkers have had to stay on if nobody bought? Where would we be in a world where Venky's didn't purchase Blackburn Rovers Football Club?

All we know for absolute certainty is the division we are in now, the budget that we have, the finances coming into the club at this stage and the standing that we have within the English football game. If you are of the tendency to live in the here and now, you could look at the contributions the Venky's now make to the club, keeping our Category One status, consistently keeping the club afloat, paying large sums of money for transfer deals and generally staying away from day to day decisions at Ewood. However, if you are of the tendency to live in the past, which is a perfectly reasonable and respectable thing to do given how abhorrent and heart wrenching the early years of their reign was, then you could look at the way they acted upon arrival, the dual relegation that ensued between 2012 and 2017, the poor management and lack of initiative to engage with the fans.

Either way, you'll never get every single supporter to agree with you - you'll never have everyone believe the same thing or view our owners in the same light. Some people will never be able to forgive them, some could potentially but I don't know.

It's personal preference really isn't it? I admire anyone who can openly state one way or the other, complete resignation to hatred or forgiveness without any caveat - in fact I don't know if I've ever come across a fellow supporter who couldn't put some items in both a pro and a con list. I find that admirable.

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

None apart from Downing maybe  

Samuel needs to go

If you release Graham and Samuel you probably then need to sign another two strikers which ain’t happening is it after BB, AA and SG. So samuel whilst no cost is a cheap 4 th striker 5th maybe for a year. 

Allows us to prioritise the budget elsewhere. Downing since Xmas has been finished for me. There’s no role for him here, too slow and ponderous for CM, we don’t play with wingers, definitely not LB material. 

Edited by Scotland1
  • Like 2

Just now, Scotland1 said:

If you release Graham and Samuel you probably then need to sign another two strikers which ain’t happening is it after BB, AA and SG. So samuel whilst no cost is a cheap 4 th striker 5th maybe for a year. 

Allows us to prioritise the budget elsewhere. Downing since Xmas has been finished for me. There’s no role for him here, too slow and ponderous for CM, we don’t play with wingers, definitely not LB material. 

Promote Butterworth or Vale and give them a crack rather than give a new deal to Samuel who isn't up to it

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I think you have to be quite controversial and illogical to be thankful for Venkys for merely not letting us go out of business, thats a bloody low bar. Especially after all of the shit theyve put us through.

Stockholm Syndrome. The club is basically being held hostage and we're grateful they haven't shot us.

• Like 7

20 minutes ago, Scotland1 said:

Agree on Samuel, but I’d keep Downing too.

However, I think Covid will provide an excuse for the start of a dismantling process.

I predict we will lose at least one of Armstrong, Travis, Lenihan or Nyambe (pretty much the only players who’d command any sort of fee). There will be a couple of uninspiring free transfers, and a couple of head scratching loans late on. Decisions about the out of contract players will be made based on the following criteria:

Cost

Sentiment

Personality

Ability

In that order.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Agree on Samuel, but I’d keep Downing too.

However, I think Covid will provide an excuse for the start of a dismantling process.

I predict we will lose at least one of Armstrong, Travis, Lenihan or Nyambe (pretty much the only players who’d command any sort of fee). There will be a couple of uninspiring free transfers, and a couple of head scratching loans late on. Decisions about the out of contract players will be made based on the following criteria:

Cost

Sentiment

Personality

Ability

In that order.

Agreed on everything except Samuel. He just has to go!

Now the Loons and stakeholders have two cover screens-FFP and Covid-19!

I fear a repeat of the close season of 2016.

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Keane and Johnson would be mouth watering. Get Robbie Keane and the Duffer in too. 

I'm not a Keane acolyte like many over here, but I would be happy to see him given a go. It would be interesting at least. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

9 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Keane and Johnson would be mouth watering. Get Robbie Keane and the Duffer in too. 

I'm not a Keane acolyte like many over here, but I would be happy to see him given a go. It would be interesting at least. 

We need a proven winner - a ruthless, hard b@stard with a 'can do' attitude.  IMO, there is so much complacency, deadwood, here for the holiday etc to be swept away.  

Don't think Keane is tactically great and that's why we'd need a clever number 2 / coach - akin to Kenny / Ray combo. 

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 3

Are People serious with Keane? Has anyone seen his managerial record, couldn't manage his way out of a paper bag.

Anyways with regards to summer signings, I think it needs to be kept simple. We need a LB, a CB and a GK. No other position. Retain as much of the current squad as possible except for those whose contracts are expiring and also get rid of Mulgrew and Bennet if poss. I'd only keep Samuel of the frees. 

Edited by BRFC4EVA
  • Like 3