Stuart

Summer Transfer Window

I don’t know about this Aynsley Pears. I would prefer Packham Pears myself.

Do we have any sell on clause with Duffy?

West brom and west ham interested

I would think Pears would be coming here as number 2. would be cheap deal no doubt. At least He has played some championship football unlike our own Fisher who has no leagues games at this level. 

I'm not going to going OTT over simple link. I will judge when they signed here. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

I would think Pears would be coming here as number 2. would be cheap deal no doubt. At least He has played some championship football unlike our own Fisher who has no leagues games at this level. 

I'm not going to going OTT over simple link. I will judge when they signed here. 

Dont you rate the young keepers we already have on the books? 

55 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Is this a joke?

Nothing gets past you does it?

17 hours ago, JHRover said:

Our structure is like something from the 1960's or 70's. The manager runs the club, handles all football activity including organising fixtures, scouting, transfers, media and then coaching and matchday.

As you say it is decades behind what other clubs have put into place.

Football has moved on and you need a structure and backroom team in place that continues alongside and independently of the manager.

I would imagine the vast majority of Scouting, recruitment or Data Analysing departments would say in place regarding whether Mowbray stays or not

8 hours ago, JHRover said:

Phillips is a keeper and would cost a fee. A non starter here.

Why non-starter? Or we don't want more than 1 million pounds for a player who is out of contract in less than 12 months

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I am unconvinced that he would move (especially from his home club) at such a young age permanently to come and sit on our bench.

I would agree though that it could make much more sense to us if it was accompanying a more experienced keeper ie a Marshall.

why would he stay at Boro if he isn't even going to be on the bench there? 

The fact he's played some games at this level doesn't necessarily make him any better than Fisher, if by chance we'd had injuries in that position  like Boro and been forced to play Fisher or had simply opted to give him a try out because Walton was so poor, would you still say this Boro lad was a much better option?

The fact he's played a few games doesn't mean he's the answer any more than the view that Fisher is not because he hasn't yet been handed his chance.

It's like saying a crap older keeper is the answer because they have "experience". It's nonsense.

4 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Pears would make further mockery of this European scouting network if Mowbray went and signed the son of someone he used to play with at Boro!

https://twitter.com/MarkTaylor0/status/1288012506192125957/photo/1

His shot saving % is pretty decent, similar to Raya and better than Walton.

But yeah, give me a Dillon Phillips, a David Marshall, or indeed someone outside of the usual names who can come in and perform straight away. Pears for sure above a kid on loan but not what we need.

why don't you wait and see who we sign for the transfer positions we want players for until the window is done. You are very judgement and OTT alot of the time. 

Yes his stats are very similar to Raya which is interested. Philips's stats are good.  

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

19 days since last season ended.

33 days before the new season begins.

I think the silence from Ewood about football matters is deafening.

It should be the duty of Rovers' employees to promote and develop the club, creating a culture, a brand and an identity.

Sadly, I see and hear nothing.  IMO, it's a shambles with the fans being treated like muppets. 

Yes 33 days to go and not many signings at this level. 

Also what you have overlooked that the club staff are on furlough and Blackburn is on Covid restrictions meaning that the club has been less active with certain items

47 minutes ago, unsall said:

Can you give me a long list of new additions in the championship, not sure you can, let’s wait until everyone starts signing a few before we start the usual club calling.

Exactly. I think Mikey Delap posted on twitter at the weekend that they only been 8 signings so far 

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

The fact he's played some games at this level doesn't necessarily make him any better than Fisher, if by chance we'd had injuries in that position  like Boro and been forced to play Fisher or had simply opted to give him a try out because Walton was so poor, would you still say this Boro lad was a much better option?

The fact he's played a few games doesn't mean he's the answer any more than the view that Fisher is not because he hasn't yet been handed his chance.

It's like saying a crap older keeper is the answer because they have "experience". It's nonsense.

Chaddy lives in a different world to the rest of us. Everything is perfect and the ruler of the kingdom is a bloke called Mowbray. Thought you would have learned that by now. He can't help but blow smoke up his arse 

5 hours ago, Mercer said:

From the article:

It is understood Warnock wants to bring in a new battle-hardened first choice keeper and that could push the rookie down the pecking order.

And therein lies our problem.  Warnock knows what the feck he's doing in stark contrast, IMO, to the hapless, bumbling Mowbray.

You get more depressed, Rovers wise, by the day.  At least Mowbray's band of happy clappers will remain happy.

Funny enough the Keeper Warnock has been linked is another 22 years keeper called Alex Bass from Portsmouth who has total appearances of 29 games. Yes 29 games. Hardly new battle hardened is he? 

here are link stories for Bass to Boro

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/portsmouth-fc/crystal-palace-joined-middlesbrough-race-portsmouth-keeper-2928489

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/no-bids-middlesbrough-linked-keeper-18737546

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Why non-starter? Or we don't want more than 1 million pounds for a player who is out of contract in less than 12 months

We can't afford to wait another 12 months for a decent keeper.

As far as this particular player is concerned, I haven't seen him play but he seems fairly highly rated and it may be that 1m is a bargain price for him entirely due to his contractual situation.

As always you're waiting to see which way the wind is blowing on any particular topic and backing the Club's apparent position. If we did an apparent  U turn and signed this lad for £1.5m tomorrow you'd be hailing it as a brilliant move!

12 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Dont you rate the young keepers we already have on the books? 

Fisher is 22 years old and has how many 1st games including loan spells? 6 EFL trophy games. Look at other keepers who go out on loan and play. Whether is Swansea Benda playing league 2 football, or Walton here or Sanchez at Rochdale. I would sell Fisher this summer. 

Hilton needs to be loan out and get some 1st team football? 

Eastham could be the under 23's keeper this coming season IMO

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Fisher is 22 years old and has how many 1st games including loan spells? 6 EFL trophy games. Look at other keepers who go out on loan and play. Whether is Swansea Benda playing league 2 football, or Walton here or Sanchez at Rochdale. I would sell Fisher this summer. 

Just playing devil's advocate but why does Hilton need to be loaned out to get some first team football? If he's good enough to play elsewhere, why can't he play here?

I'd make the same argument for Wharton as well. I can't see the point in loaning out or selling our own  youngsters so we can pay more to bring in generally substandard players from elsewhere. (Tosin being an obvious exception)

7 minutes ago, Lucimo said:

Chaddy lives in a different world to the rest of us. Everything is perfect and the ruler of the kingdom is a bloke called Mowbray. Thought you would have learned that by now. He can't help but blow smoke up his arse 

where did I say everything is perfect? I didn't for the record. So lets stop the hysterical comments of false and untrue comments posters never posted in the 1st place!!!

2 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

We can't afford to wait another 12 months for a decent keeper.

As far as this particular player is concerned, I haven't seen him play but he seems fairly highly rated and it may be that 1m is a bargain price for him entirely due to his contractual situation.

As always you're waiting to see which way the wind is blowing on any particular topic and backing the Club's apparent position. If we did an apparent  U turn and signed this lad for £1.5m tomorrow you'd be hailing it as a brilliant move!

And Rev, I haven't said we should wait another 12 months for decent keeper have I? Where did I say this Rev? why keep posting comments that the poster never said. 

We are interested in Philips but depending what are budget is we will be trying to get the best price thats suits us not them. 

Its funny you mention 1.5 million cos I mention that price yesterday that we should bid for Philips. I have already said Philips would be good signing for us regrading we don't blow our entire budget on him. I wouldn't be over paying for him. There is other keepers out there we should be looking at like Kevin Muller whop plays in the Bundesliga 2 for FC Heidenheim. Rovers chat mention him and his stats are very good. So he could be option. I could have named other potential names Rev but what's the point!

Sponsor
9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Isn't Hilton the exact same age as Fischer? 

And also has less apps than Fischer? 

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Just playing devil's advocate but why does Hilton need to be loaned out to get some first team football? If he's good enough to play elsewhere, why can't he play here?

I'd make the same argument for Wharton as well. I can't see the point in loaning out or selling our own  youngsters so we can pay more to bring in generally substandard players from elsewhere. (Tosin being an obvious exception)

Hilton hasn't played any sort of league football so I would like him to go and play 1st team football at league 2 level. Lets see how he does at that level. 

Posted (edited)
Just now, RoversClitheroe said:

Fisher is 22 years and had 2 loans last season and only played 3 EFL games. So another pointless loan. When we loaning players we need to make sure our players are playing 1st team regular 

Joe Hilton is 20 years so 2 years younger

Edited by chaddyrovers

29 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Nothing gets past you does it?

..in contrast to ..Walton and Leutweiller..

According to the Lancashire Telegraph,Eastham was told he'd feature for the first team this season and Fisher's been told he can challenge for the starting keeper spot. That leaves Hilton as the U23 keeper.

Mowbray has said goalkeeper is his top priority, but he has yet to say the he now knows his budget. There's no sense of urgency. This summer, as last, the club is content to offer a player a new contract and wait for his response.

Just now, RoversClitheroe said:

You obviously missed the point I was trying to make before completely.

It doesn't matter whether X has made 20 appearances and Y is still waiting for his chance. It's ability that matters. The fact X has played 20 times doesn't make him a better player. Walton has plenty of experience but no talent and will always be a terrible keeper.

Just now, Richard Oakley said:

According to the Lancashire Telegraph,Eastham was told he'd feature for the first team this season and Fisher's been told he can challenge for the starting keeper spot. That leaves Hilton as the U23 keeper.

Mowbray has said goalkeeper is his top priority, but he has yet to say the he now knows his budget. There's no sense of urgency. This summer, as last, the club is content to offer a player a new contract and wait for his response.

is this LT article or a rovers fan posted it in the comments section as I seen the same comment on Rovers supporter group on facebook yesterday?

1 minute ago, Richard Oakley said:

Can’t see an Under 18’s keeper being ahead of the two older players with more experience. Would be a very odd decision.

I think Fisher is ahead of Hilton within the clubs opinion, but I agree with some other posters sentiments that Hilton is the better keeper of the two.

No way the lad three years younger gets game time ahead of them though.

1 minute ago, JoeH said:

Can’t see an Under 18’s keeper being ahead of the two older players with more experience. Would be a very odd decision.

I think Fisher is ahead of Hilton within the clubs opinion, but I agree with some other posters sentiments that Hilton is the better keeper of the two.

No way the lad three years younger gets game time ahead of them though.

Eastham and Fisher would playing in the first team, not U23s.