Jump to content
Stuart

Summer Transfer Window

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Sounds like our man.

Jason Steele MK2 ... no thanks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jesus Christ reading through the comments anyone would think season starts tomorrow. Judge him when transfer window shuts 🙈 don’t be so impatient ffs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, OssyLad said:

Jesus Christ reading through the comments anyone would think season starts tomorrow. Judge him when transfer window shuts 🙈 don’t be so impatient ffs

Arent people just commenting on players as and when they are linked with us, as per the whole point of this thread?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, OssyLad said:

Jesus Christ reading through the comments anyone would think season starts tomorrow. Judge him when transfer window shuts 🙈 don’t be so impatient ffs

most of us are nervous about who or what he`ll bring in,tony has had a nightmare in the last three transfer windows,lets be honest about that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Arent people just commenting on players as and when they are linked with us, as per the whole point of this thread?

Do you not read the comments lad?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

most of us are nervous about who or what he`ll bring in,tony has had a nightmare in the last three transfer windows,lets be honest about that

So league one he got us promoted, his second season we survived and then his 3rd season top half finish. Is that not progress?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

We've been linked with Trevor Cherry and Mickey Mellon.

Spoken as Sherry and Meloan?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can just imagine the headlines now with a surname like PEAR !  
 

He communicates well and is the son of our managers pal ... If Warnock wants to get rid after watching him says it all really ..... Old Motor Mouth knows his Pears from his Apples .. he’s always had a strong Goalies.... 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, OssyLad said:

So league one he got us promoted, his second season we survived and then his 3rd season top half finish. Is that not progress?

League 1 in which we should never have been. Mowbray brought in to save us. He had 15 games and failed, on goal difference to Forest. This season Forest missed out on the play offs on goal difference. Now that's progress, though Forest won't have regarded it as such, since they'd been in the playoff positions fora lot of the season.We're supposed to tout 11th, having been 10th as the season was halted. Mowbray decided to play a whole new scheme after the restart.He threw away a great chance to get us into the playoffs, something he'd declared to be the minimum requirement at the beginning of the season.

Judging Mowbray is something you resolutely do not do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, OssyLad said:

So league one he got us promoted, his second season we survived and then his 3rd season top half finish. Is that not progress?

11 points 3 wins and 2 draws tremendous progress. Don’t forget Coyle in charge most of season also 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rasmus Falk looks some player .. Him & Wind look awesome players ... 

Suppose they don’t live anywhere near North East so no chance ...   Shame ... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it’s a pretty simple scenario....

if we are looking to progress, all our signings have to supersede the players they are replacing! 
 

every signing has to improve us, it’s that simple. TM has to pull the rabbit out of the hat this summer because he simply can’t afford to replace Tosin, Graham and Walton! 
 

It’s a big issue with the Loan market, a player has a good season, goes back to his parent club and you are left looking for a permanent replacement that simply that simply doesn’t fit your budget! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, unleaded said:

Rasmus Falk looks some player .. Him & Wind look awesome players ... 

Suppose they don’t live anywhere near North East so no chance ...   Shame ... 

Falk and the keeper are pretty much guaranteeing big moves this summer with their performances tonight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Atko's Engine said:

They're both lemons.

You sound bitter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, LDRover said:

Falk and the keeper are pretty much guaranteeing big moves this summer with their performances tonight.

Way, way out of our league.

IMO, if Iversen, Muric and Pears are our goalkeeping options then God help us.  Doubt Warnock would touch these with a sh1tty stick. Marshall at Wigan still seems to be the best option to me followed by the French lad we are said to have watched.

Let's be honest, the value lies in Europe, however, the evidence seems our new scouting set-up in Europe has turned up nothing.  You act decisively and make your moves whilst the rest still think about it.

IMO, shambolic planning for recruitment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, Richard Oakley said:

League 1 in which we should never have been. Mowbray brought in to save us. He had 15 games and failed, on goal difference to Forest. This season Forest missed out on the play offs on goal difference. Now that's progress, though Forest won't have regarded it as such, since they'd been in the playoff positions fora lot of the season.We're supposed to tout 11th, having been 10th as the season was halted. Mowbray decided to play a whole new scheme after the restart.He threw away a great chance to get us into the playoffs, something he'd declared to be the minimum requirement at the beginning of the season.

Judging Mowbray is something you resolutely do not do.

Forest with the bigger budget than us? Come on lad, even if we got to the playoffs and ended up going up we’d of embarrassed ourselves in Prem. nowhere near good enough to be going up yet. 2 or 3 seasons yet atleast before we’ll even be challenging.

Look at Leeds and Sheff U how long did it take them to get out of league 1? Sunderland are struggling now as it is!! 
 

Wake up 😂

Edited by OssyLad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Way, way out of our league.

IMO, if Iversen, Muric and Pears are our goalkeeping options then God help us.  Doubt Warnock would touch these with a sh1tty stick. Marshall at Wigan still seems to be the best option to me followed by the French lad we are said to have watched.

Let's be honest, the value lies in Europe, however, the evidence seems our new scouting set-up in Europe has turned up nothing.  You act decisively and make your moves whilst the rest still think about it.

IMO, shambolic planning for recruitment.

Seems premature to be saying this before we’ve even signed a single player though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, OssyLad said:

Forest with the bigger budget than us? Come on lad, even if we got to the playoffs and ended up going up we’d of embarrassed ourselves in Prem. nowhere near good enough to be going up yet. 2 or 3 seasons yet atleast before we’ll even be challenging.

Look at Leeds and Sheff U how long did it take them to get out of league 1? Sunderland are struggling now as it is!! 
 

Wake up 😂

This isnt specifically anything to do with Mowbray but it is never too early to get promoted to the benefit of the club. And the quality towards the bottom of the Premier League means that with some calculated and wise spending, its not unfathomable to be competitive.

Also, the notion of it being 2 or 3 more seasons before we are challenging is totally flawed because it implies that the side sticks together and gradually improves. For various reasons that wont be possible and indeed it would be likely that the core of Nyambe, Lenihan, Travis, Dack and Armstrong will all be elsewhere in 3 seasons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Paul Mani said:

Seems premature to be saying this before we’ve even signed a single player though. 

Really?

If you know what you are about then you have a plan and execute it.

Seems to me, we are still groping in the dark!

Think clueless would be a soft adjective.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Paul Mani said:

Seems premature to be saying this before we’ve even signed a single player though. 

I think maybe the point is however that plugging the gaping holes in Summer 2019 with loan players is shambolic, because now we're back where we where then.

So really that is a shambolic long term recruitment plan.

Yes we await to see what happens this summer, but with the amount of money Walton, Tosin and Cunningham will have cost us on loan deals (not cheap), we may as well have signed a Phillips/Pears/Bass type last year instead... rather than spending a lot of money paying wages for a player who'll never belong to us permanently in three different positions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, roversfan99 said:

This isnt specifically anything to do with Mowbray but it is never too early to get promoted to the benefit of the club. And the quality towards the bottom of the Premier League means that with some calculated and wise spending, its not unfathomable to be competitive.

Also, the notion of it being 2 or 3 more seasons before we are challenging is totally flawed because it implies that the side sticks together and gradually improves. For various reasons that wont be possible and indeed it would be likely that the core of Nyambe, Lenihan, Travis, Dack and Armstrong will all be elsewhere in 3 seasons.

For the gullible!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JoeH said:

I think maybe the point is however that plugging the gaping holes in Summer 2019 with loan players is shambolic, because now we're back where we where then.

So really that is a shambolic long term recruitment plan.

Yes we await to see what happens this summer, but with the amount of money Walton, Tosin and Cunningham will have cost us on loan deals (not cheap), we may as well have signed a Phillips/Pears/Bass type last year instead... rather than spending a lot of money paying wages for a player who'll never belong to us permanently in three different positions.

You don’t know how much we paid. Plus I’m not arsed about owning players. I just want the best players we can afford.

Walton is split and more than likely was seen as poor. But we couldn’t have afforded to buy players of the quality of Tosin and Cunningham so I’m completely fine with those choices tbh.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.