BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

1 minute ago, BRFC4EVA said:

Are People serious with Keane? Have anyone seen his managerial record, couldn't manage his way out of a paper bag. 

It's not THAT bad. He did win the Championship with Sunderland.

There's a host of reasons Keane wouldn't come here but it would be fun to see the culture shock it would bring to the training ground.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Mercer said:

We need a proven winner - a ruthless, hard b@stard with a 'can do' attitude.  IMO, there is so much complacency, deadwood, here for the holiday etc to be swept away.  

Don't think Keane is tactically great and that's why we'd need a clever number 2 / coach - akin to Kenny / Ray combo. 

I think someone like Keane would get an extra 10% out of this bunch, if not more. They are far too comfortable now. 

Dack will come back all guns blazing, but can't help but feel he will get bogged down by the other albatrosses 

Any word on the European scouting? Probably not happening now. Going off some comments, I think Mowbray isn't very happy with the lack of communication for Pune. 

2 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

I won’t defend them but venkys are still financially supporting the club thank god otherwise who knows where we would be?

Yes, they are and without their support the club is finished.

However, they are, IMO, paying for their idiocy.  They bought a top 10 PL and their decisions since have cost them and us so very, very dearly.

30 minutes ago, BRFC4EVA said:

Are People serious with Keane? Has anyone seen his managerial record, couldn't manage his way out of a paper bag.

Anyways with regards to summer signings, I think it needs to be kept simple. We need a LB, a CB and a GK. No other position. Retain as much of the current squad as possible except for those whose contracts are expiring and also get rid of Mulgrew and Bennet if poss. I'd only keep Samuel of the frees. 

Have you seen it?  He has managed 2 teams at this level and won the division with 1 of them. No doubt he comes with risks, but if it clicks for him somewhere I think he could do well in the short-term. 

Samuel has proven himself to be rubbish. Have you watched him play this season? What would you say his strengths are? 

27 minutes ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

Keane is a 2 dimensional clown. Sure his abrasive personality will shake things up, and perhaps get a result of two but he does not have the intelligence to know when to be that way, when to try and inspire confidence and has no ideas about tactics. He is all about fear and intimidation and nothing else.

Lol. Would you say that to his face? 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

17 hours ago, rigger said:

There won't be any budget, we were relying on the sale of Dack before the injury to set us straight, The way the contract situations are going is proof we have no money, We need sales and wont be surprised over the next 2 weeks players will be talked up and put in the window

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Jlee1984 said:

There won't be any budget, we were relying on the sale of Dack before the injury to set us straight, The way the contract situations are going is proof we have no money, We need sales and wont be surprised over the next 2 weeks players will be talked up and put in the window

That wouldn't surprise me.

1 hour ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

Keane is a 2 dimensional clown. Sure his abrasive personality will shake things up, and perhaps get a result of two but he does not have the intelligence to know when to be that way, when to try and inspire confidence and has no ideas about tactics. He is all about fear and intimidation and nothing else.

I bet he'd make Darragh captain straight away 

Its about standards every day and every Saturday. Keane knows that

Edited by Sparks Rover

59 minutes ago, Jlee1984 said:

Over the last 12 months, through VLL, the Raos have input £19.6million in three separate share issues - this has kept us afloat and is indicative of our ongoing scale of loss.

With the pandemic, financial position of both parties can only have got worse.

I have been accused of scaremongering but as a finance professional with more years than I care to remember working across industry and commerce, I can tell you things don't feel right to me and I am seriously worried about our ongoing viability.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, rovers11 said:

I agree. I think we'll know our budget has been cut if we decide to keep Samuel. 

TM won't keep him if he thinks we can get better quality in. 

The other issue is that he’s spent 12 million over the last 2 summers on players he thought were better quality than Samuel, and they aren’t.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Amo said:

It's not THAT bad. He did win the Championship with Sunderland.

There's a host of reasons Keane wouldn't come here but it would be fun to see the culture shock it would bring to the training ground.

Forget him as manager, but I'd quite like him to come in as some sort of 'Motivation' Coach ? I'd definitely pay handsomely to be a fly on the wall for those training sessions too.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Scotland1 said:

If you release Graham and Samuel you probably then need to sign another two strikers which ain’t happening is it after BB, AA and SG. So samuel whilst no cost is a cheap 4 th striker 5th maybe for a year. 

Allows us to prioritise the budget elsewhere. Downing since Xmas has been finished for me. There’s no role for him here, too slow and ponderous for CM, we don’t play with wingers, definitely not LB material. 

I wouldn't keep Samuel, Not good enough, get rid. Bring in someone better. 

Downing has been a good signing for us until the lockdown. Since then, not been good enough. 

1 hour ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

He should have done time for Alfie Haaland. To brag about it in his book truly shows him up!

Narcissistic bully with a personalty problem, who too many people collude with...

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

The other issue is that he’s spent 12 million over the last 2 summers on players he thought were better quality than Samuel, and they aren’t.

This has only exacerbated our financial predicament.

It is not just the transfer fees but some £10million or so of wages and employers' NI we are committed to over the course of Brereton and Gallagher's contracts.

Sadly, I don't think there'll be much realisation value in Brereton and Gallagher.

Given our ongoing losses are say in the £15 to £20million a year range, our only way to even 'stand still' is through either additional share issue (we've seen £19.6million in last 12 months), or sale of players (or combination of both). 

I think we are financially pickled.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

I wouldn't keep Samuel, Not good enough, get rid. Bring in someone better.      With what?

Downing has been a good signing for us until the lockdown. Since then, not been good enough. 

2 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

He should have done time for Alfie Haaland. To brag about it in his book truly shows him up!

Narcissistic bully with a personalty problem, who too many people collude with...

If he’d have played for any other club he’d be vilified to this day.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mercer said:

This has only exacerbated our financial predicament.

It is not just the transfer fees but some £10million or so of wages and employers' NI we are committed to over the course of Brereton and Gallagher's contracts.

Sadly, I don't think there'll be much realisation value in Brereton and Gallagher.

Given our ongoing losses are say in the £15 to £20million a year range, our only way to even 'stand still' is through either additional share issue (we've seen £19.6million in last 12 months), or sale of players (or combination of both). 

I think we are financially pickled.

There will be a lot of potential available this summer and players can be replaced, Lenihan, Nyambe, Travis, Armstrong, These four will decide our future, we will have to take a hit massively on current squad to progress with restructure, or we get lucky with sell on clauses which won't be enough for what we need, we have not sold anyone for big money for years and like you said owners won't want to keep paying with no returns, i still see it as an exciting summer, but there will be many ups and downs

55 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Didn't that whole vendetta happen because Keane injured himself trying to trip Haaland? 

Somehow that justified a career-ending assault. Psychopath.

Edited by Amo
  • Like 1

Just now, Amo said:

Didn't that whole vendetta happen because Keane injured himself trying to trip Haaland? 

I think Haaland had laughed at him during the previous incident, so Keane stored that for over a year then exacted his premeditated assault!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Amo said:

I dont think it was career ending, I might be mistaken but I think that is a myth, not that it makes it much better. He retired I believe with an injury to the opposite knee.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

I think Haaland had laughed at him during the previous incident, so Keane stored that for over a year then exacted his premeditated assault!

I think Haaland accused Keane of simulation to cover up the foul, even though Keane was genuinely injured (his own fault).

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I dont think it was career ending, I might be mistaken but I think that is a myth, not that it makes it much better. He retired I believe with an injury to the opposite knee.

You're right, that's a myth.

• Like 1