BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

1 hour ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

And again, when we're defending was his point. Travis and Nyambe don't hang around up front when we're defending. 

And anyone paying the slightest bit of attention to Mowbray over the years will have hear him say he plays cautiously because he doesn't want hitting on the break. 

That's worked out well then. I thought he played cautiously because he's cautious by nature.

Took Duffy a while to look ok, a lot of it is about who you are pared with and if you gel.

I'd suggest Lyndsay is probably the best we'll get now and we need something so if he came in and found his niche alongside Lenihen he might be ok.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Richard Oakley said:

Lindsay would cost too much, if Stoke want back what they paid for him. I'd go for Phillips as our No 1, raid Wigan for Marshall, Robinson and Kipre. I'd go for Joe Williams, too, but I doubt the budget would be there for that. Heck, even thinking we'd have a budget is a bit of a stretch, right now. Nabi Sarr, too, is available on a free, if we wanted to bring 2 CBs in.

I'm slightly wary about getting Lindsay, seeing as Stoke clearly don't rate him. Even so I don't think anyone at Stoke could possibly think that they can say that he's surplus to requirements after one season and at the same time expect to get the same money that they paid.

10 minutes ago, Richard Oakley said:

Lindsay would cost too much, if Stoke want back what they paid for him. I'd go for Phillips as our No 1, raid Wigan for Marshall, Robinson and Kipre. I'd go for Joe Williams, too, but I doubt the budget would be there for that. Heck, even thinking we'd have a budget is a bit of a stretch, right now. Nabi Sarr, too, is available on a free, if we wanted to bring 2 CBs in.

Stoke needs to cut the current squad and wage bill I would guess. 

Robinson? 

Sarr isnt that good..prefer Lindsay

Edited by chaddyrovers

1 hour ago, JoeH said:

And I'm saying that the starting formation we line-up with mangles and changes completely throughout the game, we don't play with two sitting CM's, Travis gets forward and helps in attack, often popping up outside the box. Nyambe and Bell are up where wingers would normally be. It's a back two/three for large chunks of the game.

I may be old fashioned here Joe but I'd like some wingers to be where the wingers would normally be. It seemed to work Ok when we'd Ripley and Wilcox or Duff and Gillespie or even Emerton and Pedersen out there.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Stoke needs to cut the current squad and wage bill I would guess. 

Robinson? 

No thanks to Sarr. 

If Robinson is the left full back who played against us at Ewood he's a class act who's playing seriously below his level at Wigan. I thought he was the best player on the pitch that night. He'll be too rich for our blood.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Chris Samba was Hearta Berlin B side and look how good he turned out to be. 

Have you look into why Lindsay might not be O'Neill style of defender but other managers style?  

Lindsay might give balance to the team which would help the defence. 

You could say that about anyone. But it does bring me on to a different point you made. One of your main reasons for keeping Mowbray was because he held the key to our European scouting network.

Since then, we have been tediously linked with players such as Pears, (his dad is Mowbrays former team mate at Boro) Iversen/Muric (kids on loan from English clubs like Walton was) and Souttar/Lindsay (players well down the pecking order at a club who finished further down with more goals conceded than us) and you have as far as I know, unsure on Pears, but seemed to endorse them all? Surely we should be raiding Europe for some unheralded gems to justify the point you made? 

Last year I am sure that you were very dismissive when people said that theyd have liked Lindsay here on the back of a League 1 season where he impressed. Now he has struggled to make the step up, how a year later is he suddenly a totally different proposition?

Styles of defender, dear me. The best defenders help to stop the ball going into our net.

If we signed him permanently, unsure but maybe. A loan of Stokes reserve CB would really be unambitious.

4 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

I'm slightly wary about getting Lindsay, seeing as Stoke clearly don't rate him. Even so I don't think anyone at Stoke could possibly think that they can say that he's surplus to requirements after one season and at the same time expect to get the same money that they paid.

Stoke want £8-10m for Butland. That doesn't look like they've been to the Mowbray school of pricing.

5 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Took Duffy a while to look ok, a lot of it is about who you are pared with and if you gel.

I'd suggest Lyndsay is probably the best we'll get now and we need something so if he came in and found his niche alongside Lenihen he might be ok.

Working out a partnership with the other centre halve is the key as you say. Maybe the other lad he was playing with at Barnsley covered for the weaker points of Linsay's game. I never saw them play so I wouldn't like to comment. For instance Bobby Moore never looked as dominant playing in the old Div 1 alongside Ken Brown at West Ham as he did when he was next to Jack Charlton for England and the class of opponent was much better.

• Like 1

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Working out a partnership with the other centre halve is the key as you say. Maybe the other lad he was playing with at Barnsley covered for the weaker points of Linsay's game. I never saw them play so I wouldn't like to comment. For instance Bobby Moore never looked as dominant playing in the old Div 1 alongside Ken Brown at West Ham as he did when he was next to Jack Charlton for England and the class of opponent was much better.

Every successful partnership we've had since i started watching have been the ones that compliment each other in different ways.

That's where the nous of the manager comes in again, oh and obviously a decent regular keeper.

10 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

If Robinson is the left full back who played against us at Ewood he's a class act who's playing seriously below his level at Wigan. I thought he was the best player on the pitch that night. He'll be too rich for our blood.

Linked with Fulham, Sheffield United and WBA

10 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Robinson can leave for 1.5 million now Wigan have been relegated but it will be a premier league team he joins, sheff united,west brom and Fulham have agreed fees.

Stoke must have the biggest squad in the Championship, they just stockpile players (usually ones we speak of on here!)

Speaking of Lindsay "not being rated etc"... im sure fans of Bournemouth and Brentford could have said similarly with Josh King (barely played - even when fit) and David Raya (slated by too many + dropped for Leutwiler).

Imagine what other fans would say if they signed Nyambe who regularly plays 2nd fiddle to Bennett who may be the worst RB in the league. Yet we know the truth.

Lindsay (loan - option) and Cunningham (loan - free transfer) would theoretically upgrade our back four considerably.

• Like 5

48 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Besides the Milan link, I believe they've had bids accepted from two PL clubs for him. 

4 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

Stoke must have the biggest squad in the Championship, they just stockpile players (usually ones we speak of on here!)

Speaking of Lindsay "not being rated etc"... im sure fans of Bournemouth and Brentford could have said similarly with Josh King (barely played - even when fit) and David Raya (slated by too many + dropped for Leutwiler).

Imagine what other fans would say if they signed Nyambe who regularly plays 2nd fiddle to Bennett who may be the worst RB in the league. Yet we know the truth.

Lindsay (loan - option) and Cunningham (loan - free transfer) would theoretically upgrade our back four considerably.

Stoke fans don't rate Lindsay. Our fans, in the main, rate Nyambe, King and Raya. Stoke want to sell, not loan.Loans cost money, too. Cunningham would need to be available on a free,which I don't see as likely.

27 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

You could say that about anyone. But it does bring me on to a different point you made. One of your main reasons for keeping Mowbray was because he held the key to our European scouting network.

Since then, we have been tediously linked with players such as Pears, (his dad is Mowbrays former team mate at Boro) Iversen/Muric (kids on loan from English clubs like Walton was) and Souttar/Lindsay (players well down the pecking order at a club who finished further down with more goals conceded than us) and you have as far as I know, unsure on Pears, but seemed to endorse them all? Surely we should be raiding Europe for some unheralded gems to justify the point you made? 

Last year I am sure that you were very dismissive when people said that theyd have liked Lindsay here on the back of a League 1 season where he impressed. Now he has struggled to make the step up, how a year later is he suddenly a totally different proposition?

Styles of defender, dear me. The best defenders help to stop the ball going into our net.

If we signed him permanently, unsure but maybe. A loan of Stokes reserve CB would really be unambitious.

I'm not going keep over the same points every day about the type of player Mowbray wants cos you don't accept that what we want. So no point debate with yourself if you wont accept this.  

I Haven't endorsed any player firstly. I just giving my opinion on players we being linked. Something you seem to think is endorsing them. 

Funny enough you mention I was very dismissive when people said that they'd have liked Lindsay here cos I was one of those supporters who wanted him here. So another false claim of yours Roversfan99. Here is the link to my comment saying I would like Lindsay here, https://www.brfcs.com/mb/index.php?/forums/topic/33765-summer-transfer-window-2019/&do=findComment&comment=1930632

on the European Scouting Network, we have been linked to players from Europe. I'm sure we will sign players from this in the summer but the time to judge is after the transfer window is close and not in week 4 of transfer window. Plus you also need to factor the coronavirus and Quarantine rules in place in the UK could be a problem at the minute. 

12 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

Story on rovers tomorrow from nicko. 

Probably the Lawrence link but who knows 

who is Lawrence

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I'm not going keep over the same points every day about the type of player Mowbray wants cos you don't accept that what we want. So no point debate with yourself if you wont accept this.  

I Haven't endorsed any player firstly. I just giving my opinion on players we being linked. Something you seem to think is endorsing them. 

Funny enough you mention I was very dismissive when people said that they'd have liked Lindsay here cos I was one of those supporters who wanted him here. So another false claim of yours Roversfan99. Here is the link to my comment saying I would like Lindsay here, https://www.brfcs.com/mb/index.php?/forums/topic/33765-summer-transfer-window-2019/&do=findComment&comment=1930632

on the European Scouting Network, we have been linked to players from Europe. I'm sure we will sign players from this in the summer but the time to judge is after the transfer window is close and not in week 4 of transfer window. Plus you also need to factor the coronavirus and Quarantine rules in place in the UK could be a problem at the minute. 

who is Lawrence

Sorry,  Lindsay ??

Edited by Tugayisgod
  • Like 1