BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

15 minutes ago, J*B said:

Not quite, Abramovich had never watched a game of football at the time he bought Chelsea and hasn’t attended a live game in years now. Abramovich bought Chelsea to give him a UK platform and persona to ensure that Putin couldn’t make him simply disappear for his alleged crimes against Russia. 

He does enjoy it from what ive seen

24 minutes ago, J*B said:

Not quite, Abramovich had never watched a game of football at the time he bought Chelsea and hasn’t attended a live game in years now. Abramovich bought Chelsea to give him a UK platform and persona to ensure that Putin couldn’t make him simply disappear for his alleged crimes against Russia. 

Didn’t we take his residency rights off him...only does away games now...?

1 hour ago, Paul Mani said:

Haha - as good a sport as I am, I’m not keen on a ban today.

But as a little social experiment, feel free to review 10 pages of any of the Rovers threads on here and count how many times those ‘issues’ somehow manage to become centre stage in anything being discussed.

@Mashed Potatoes is free to come on here and defend whoever he likes as are those who come in here to constantly moan. ??

Well we'd all love to be discussing our latest signing or signings but seeing as how we've got to 200 pages without there being any we have to make do with the usual stuff.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Considering it’s been in the works for over two years, presumably we had irons in the fire pre lockdown?

I doubt it to be honest ?

Only ever really seen players from Holland mentioned and they haven't been playing for months over there so we're screwed on that front.

Just now, Ossydave said:

I doubt it to be honest ?

Only ever really seen players from Holland mentioned and they haven't been playing for months over there so we're screwed on that front.

The playing fields of Teeside is where it’s at anyway...

Edited by Mattyblue

21 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

In fairness, the same people that complain about FFP, usually conveniently overlook how much we spent on our strikers that don’t score £12 Million worth of goals. 

Very true and imo the reason Mowbray should no longer be the manager !

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Herbie6590 said:

10Bet sponsorship ended so that explains lack of kits & will impact on Transfer kitty no doubt...

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/18654444.rovers-hit-sponsorship-blow-10bet-agreement-ends/

Let's hope we get a run of sponsor-less shirts to buy again - like we did a few years back!

• Like 3

Just now, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Let's hope we get a run of sponsor-less shirts to buy again - like we did a few years back!

We probably will if we don't find a new sponsor. I prefer to hope for the club to find one and get the money it needs.

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 1

Just now, bluebruce said:

We probably will if we don't find a new sponsor. I prefer to hope for the club to find one and get the money it needs.

Probably be "Pleckgate Window Cleaners" or some such. Bit of a comedown from MacEwans Lager.

If the current speculation about these linked players is true, there is no way they would be affordable without selling an asset first. 

Looking at transfer market, Hofmann is valued at 1.35m,  Lindsay at 1.53m,  Phillips at 540 k and Cunningham at 1.44m. I realise they are ball park figures but it gives an idea. Then maybe a couple of loans. 

So it seems somebody would have to go if we were to bring in these players, the question is who? Armstrongs fee would certainly cover it, but do you let a guarantee of 15 goals a season leave for someone who didn't really cut it at Brentford. Also, he seems similar to Gallagher and Brereton in that he is a tall target man type, so maybe Mowbray is looking to move on one of those two if the right offer came in. 

It's a dilemma but one which Rovers need to solve and quickly. 

I live in Christchurch Nz now having been here for just under 6 years. Was an article this weekend in our press about 2 championship clubs sniffing around Wellington Phoenix's 19 year old left back Liberto Cacace. I'd love for one of them to be us.. He's a brilliant young player, a winger almost, but also tough in the tackle. Any other kiwis or kiwi based peeps around? What do you think of the standard, would he be good enough to cut it? Of course all of this would require actual scouting..