BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

7 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Why, why, why why?

The lad looks like a good meal would kill him!!!

Has played 16 games in Scotland's fourth tier and wait for it, has just one goal to his name!

Where does that leave likes of Butterworth and Vale.

IMO, more nonsensical business.

Above him in the pecking order.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, OnePhilT said:

There is a load of rubbish on Twitter for the most part, but some claim that he's having his medical today, and that everything was finalised yesterday. "Will be announced in the next couple of days." In the meantime, SSN - who are usually quite on the ball - haven't said anything about a medical or personal terms being agreed.

Maybe the Mavericks are right, but then it's difficult to fathom how they can possibly be in the know when they're just Tweeting about virtually every club.

West Brom seem to be doing this with a few players, talking to plenty but not finalising anything. 

Been in talks with Callum Robinson  for a while as well. Their local paper today doesn't even mention Kipre, just that they want Krovinovic back after being on loan with them last season

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/west-bromwich-albion/2020/08/31/west-brom-closing-on-filip-krovinovic-deal/&ved=2ahUKEwi68qf-8sXrAhUEXRUIHbUSDIEQlO8DMAN6BAgLEAc&usg=AOvVaw0l-K4DPC6sIGr9Dt3jNDSC&cshid=1598892582604

Edited by Tugayisgod
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to get some money for Williams, but right now he's our #2 / #3 CB and the season is less than a fortnight away.

I've no confidence that Mowbray is going to get someone in at CB. You can let Williams do all of the due diligence with this MLS club, but you can't cross the t's and dot the i's on the transfer until you bring someone else in. 

Agree but Venkys have got form - hanley and Duffy were sold on the eve of the season and never replaced . A major reason we went down 8 months later .

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Of course,  I wasn’t the person who mentioned “hate” that’s too strong a word for me but how can ‘blind optimism’ from a supporter EVER be damaging? Optimism and positivity can never be damaging so long as you are not in charge and even if you are, the very best leaders are more often than not more ‘blindly optimistic’ than anyone else! 

It’s negativity and pessimism which has the potential to damage anything. Regardless of context.

Because if it’s blind optimism you aren’t looking at the bigger picture , you are accepting the flaws and the problems along with the positives , you refuse to see where improvements can be made and subsequently they never will 

Edited by Inglorious basturk
  • Like 2

On the quote below in bold. I read it differently to an imminent signing in the next day or two. I perceived him as saying 'Just when you think we've got a level of agreement..... and we couldn't match the WBA offer for Kipre. It's hard to tell - Tony is the master of equivocation.

Asked if it could be the next day or two, Mowbray said: “I hope so, but it’s never quite as easy as that. I think we’ve got a level of agreement potentially with another signing but experience tells me ‘they want this, they want that’ or ‘we can’t quite do this’ or ‘we can’t do that’. The fine details of contracts at this level are difficult."

Edited by Doaksie

2 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Someone will give us money for Del. Best bit of business all summer.  

Fully expect Cunningham to be next.  Top operstor when fit at this level and looks to be 2nd choice to a decent player called Bennet at Cardiff but knowing Mowbray he will play a shit player called Bennet ahead of him here.

Yes Cunningham was immense before his injury but is he the same player now? 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, neophox said:

Yes Cunningham was immense before his injury but is he the same player now? 

Worth the risk for me and to be fair even a Cunningham at 70% of his previous ability is still streets ahead of Bell at left back. Let’s hope he is the same player, and speaking of injuries let’s hope Dack comes back at the same level as well. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Waggy76 said:

It was the same last summer ,Tosin turned up near the end and didn't play for a month ...

I have very little faith in Mowbray and I am not even  sure , he thinks there is a problem in defence ....

By that I assume you mean he played ten days after he arrived, in only the second game after he arrived. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

Wondering if loaning Ben Gibson from The Great Unwashed is a possibility. Currently being linked with Middlesbrough, where Mowbray first brought him into the first team fold several years ago. The connection is there, and it wouldn't disrupt his personal life too much playing just down the road...

He'd have to stop dating his sister? ?‍♂️

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

Wondering if loaning Ben Gibson from The Great Unwashed is a possibility. Currently being linked with Middlesbrough, where Mowbray first brought him into the first team fold several years ago. The connection is there, and it wouldn't disrupt his personal life too much playing just down the road...

cost the dingles 15 million quid and has only played once in two seasons?that tells me he`s either completely **** or has an attitude problem and would`nt  pass the mowbray niceness test

4 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

They want him off the books, and he's still under contract for another two seasons there. Doubt 'Boro will be able to afford to buy him, so it'll likely be a loan deal. Was just a thought.

Mowbray will know him from his time at 'Boro, and saw fit to start playing him. I don't think Mowbray will be putting him through a personality test on that basis.

tony vets all his potential signings for good virtues,if they ar`nt cherubic in nature he does`nt want to know,he`s got a penchant for young impressionable lads,they are easily moulded into his mindset

56 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

I see...

Anyway, not really worked out for Nuttall at Blackpool (quick look at his stats say 2 goals in 27 appearances - not sure how many as a sub, but still...). He was banging them in at U23 level here. Thought he'd come to something good.

Is that not a step up?  They are after Nugent too after he was released by the  nobbers....Northampton on the march

1 hour ago, simongarnerisgod said:

cost the dingles 15 million quid and has only played once in two seasons?that tells me he`s either completely **** or has an attitude problem and would`nt  pass the mowbray niceness test

Hasn't got on well with the knuckle draggers?  Get him signed, my type of lad.  Dyche gets on my tits too.

6 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Hasn't got on well with the knuckle draggers?  Get him signed, my type of lad.  Dyche gets on my tits too.

An odd signing by Dyche that one , one of the new breed of non contact Centre Halves ...

Dyche tends to like old school  stop the other team scoring at all costs ....

My mate tells me , he never really wanted to go there ...

A bit Ike Dann here 

Edited by Waggy76
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, Waggy76 said:

An odd signing by Dyche that one , one of the new breed of non contact Centre Halves ...

Dyche tends to like old school  stop the other team scoring at all costs ....

My mate tells me , he never really wanted to go there ...

A bit Ike Dann here 

Dyche doesn’t  know what he really wants , he’s a talker who has got lucky . The man has a ginger disc beard 

Edited by Inglorious basturk

• Moderation Lead
2 hours ago, OnePhilT said:

I see...

Anyway, not really worked out for Nuttall at Blackpool (quick look at his stats say 2 goals in 27 appearances - not sure how many as a sub, but still...). He was banging them in at U23 level here. Thought he'd come to something good.

Still find it absolutely amazing some were re writing history on how poor Joe Nuttall was.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, K-Hod said:

Still find it absolutely amazing some were re writing history on how poor Joe Nuttall was.

Was poor for us in league one and should never have been playing for us at any point in the championship. Good luck to him though. 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Inglorious basturk said:

Because if it’s blind optimism you aren’t looking at the bigger picture , you are accepting the flaws and the problems along with the positives , you refuse to see where improvements can be made and subsequently they never will 

But none of that is damaging for a supporter (or anyone). It just means that you always hope for and expect things will turn out alright...if you believe in the law of attraction it means it probably will. But more importantly It means you don’t spend your life being absolutely miserable about anything.

As for the bigger picture, that can be anything you like. Some might see Rovers bigger picture that at some point, soon Venkys will stop pouring cash in and we will be another Bolton or Bury. Those who believe in that ‘bigger picture’ may look to others who seem content and happy and think they’re naive...but what if those who are content and happy actually ‘see’ further than Venkys? Maybe they feel deep down that they’ll still have their club no matter what happens and they believe the club will prosper in the end? Maybe they believe that ultimately as long as they and their loved ones are healthy that nothing else really matters?

Edited by Paul Mani
  • Like 1