BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

6 hours ago, JacknOry said:

This teaser has already sprouted some names.

This teaser has already sprouted some names.

Sarr

Whiteman

Cameron Carter-Vickers

Hanley

Stockdale

Minnone

Brad Smith

Cunningham

And thats without the silly ones such as Messi, Rodrigueez, Duffy, and Toni

Gonna be a long day!

Chris Brunt

4 hours ago, Miker said:

Lenihan wasn’t absent though. In the lead up to the goal he was marking Meite, while Carter was marking Baldock. As the cross is about to come in the two strikers switch sides and both our centre backs have to change who they’re tracking. I don’t think there was anything wrong with their marking or positioning... it was a good cross and finish.

The issue for me is that Nyambe was in no man’s land. Split between whether to close down Obita or mark McCleary. Travis and Holtby are nowhere to be seen, which leaves both Nyambe and Lenihan scrambling to track 2 targets. 

Travis was really poor that game and his absence left Lenihan and Carter to deal with 3 central attackers. He was also responsible for a goal about 4 minutes later as well.

Besides all that, Walton should have saved it :) 

I'd say the biggest issue is not playing a flat back 4 and having players who never really get to grips with the full back stuff. Not unusual for gaps and players pulled all over the shop in a Rovers defense.

2 minutes ago, RovingRover said:

Here's a question.

Do sell-on fee's include loan fee's?

Celtic paid Brighton £2 million to loan Duffy.

I doubt it. There may be an agreement to make the deal permanent for say £10m in the future. Rovers would lose a lot of money if they took the cut of a £2m loan fee instead. 

Do Rovers have a sell-on on Duffy?

7 minutes ago, RovingRover said:

Here's a question.

Do sell-on fee's include loan fee's?

Celtic paid Brighton £2 million to loan Duffy.

Probably not I'd guess. Which would be exploitable really if you think about it. Say a selling club wanted to avoid paying the previous club their cut. They could arrange with the buying club for a loan with a loan fee of say, 10 million with a purchase clause of 10 quid, and keep the lot.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

I doubt it. There may be an agreement to make the deal permanent for say £10m in the future. Rovers would lose a lot of money if they took the cut of a £2m loan fee instead. 

Do Rovers have a sell-on on Duffy?

And (following from my previous post) if that's the case then it would really have been a 12 million quid deal, but we will only get a cut from the 10 million. Which is us getting shafted.