BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

26 minutes ago, unleaded said:

This nonsense about having a World wide network doesn’t wash .. 

It only works if you have sporting director who’s job it is to seive out the right players .. wasting money & resources when everything has to go through a dinosaur of a manager and he’s expected to take training and other things as well as find and watch hours and hours of player figures and videos ... just doesn’t work 

Last Transfer window on the last day he just gave up at 6pm and went home .. He looks a tired manager and it rubs off the squad .

Hence why he gave Venus the duel role probably and it strikes me that everything has to go through those 2 at Ewood. Similar to every big decision has to go through the family first.

Like owning and running a football franchise funded by someone else. It's the power he has here that'll be as attractive and addictive as anything else. 

Just over a week until the season opener and it goes without saying there's a huge job to be done in the transfer market to better or even maintain the position we finished in last season. There's no doubt we're weaker than we were last season - losing two of our best performers last season in Downing and Tosin. 

Our defence is probably bottom 6 quality at the moment which is a worry. I still have faith we'll add some decent quality to our backline before the window closes but it's looking like we're going to struggle until those players come in. 

• Like 1

Just now, unleaded said:

Karl Robinson looks a hungry manager full of beans on the touch line , on the pressers and it rubs off on his players .. they improve and are targets for the likes of TM .... Was unlucky in the playoffs .. but at least he reached them ... 

I get that taking the standout players from a lower league can be a good ploy in the transfer market.  But we are now being linked with bang average players like that Spanish midfielder at Oxford.  No doubt if we did sign him, it would be credited by some on here to our European scouting network!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Without really wanting to get into a tit-for-tat about the semantics of what you actually posted, you speculated that he had weak bones, possibly the onset of some sort of osteoporosis, because he was unlucky enough to have broken bones in two separate parts of his body in relatively quick succession. You also reckoned that anyone else wouldn't have broken as many facial bones as Evans did (based on goodness-knows what?) an opinion which you have pretty much made up to suit your 'weak bones' theory.  That is where the 'ill informed' comment emanates from.

Anyone who has seen either injury would know that both of those challenges were bone-breakers and not indicative of anything other than bad luck. As someone who had an identical injury many years ago, for him to get back playing again so soon after that facial injury took a huge amount of guts so I'm not sure we should be speculating about some made-up underlying problem that he may or may not have. Nobody is arguing about the fact that he is injury prone - some players just are. 

It did take guts for him to come back so soon. That has nothing to do with whether I speculate that a swift recurrence of broken bones may (emphasis on may) mean there is an underlying issue there. It's hardly outside of the realms of possibility. As somebody who has had recurring injuries myself since my early 20s that have stopped me playing consistently, and numerous other minor health conditions, I also wonder if I have an underlying condition. It doesnt make myself nor Evans lesser men or something, it's just a possibility.

I'll leave it there because, as my semantics did clearly state, I was only mentioning a possibility and without an actual assessment from a professional there is no way of knowing. I'm not sure why you've seemingly ascribed it any more relevance than that. If he breaks a bone again any time soon though I'd be surprised if the medical experts didn't take a look for a deeper root cause than bad luck.

Out of curiosity when you had your collision, did you also fracture/break/shatter about 4 or 5 different bones? From memory I think it was nose, cheek, eyesocket and jaw. Personally I don't ever remember hearing about so many different facial injuries from one foot. Feel like Raya's looked worse because of momentum  and he didn't break as many things. Both were pretty horrendous of course.

1 minute ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

Have we had a 'successful' window under Venkys ownership? Genuine question 

Possibly the only decent window we had was in league one.  Signing Whittingham, Smallwood, Dack, Downing, Samuel plus Antonsson on loan and Armstrong (Jan window).  We did our business reasonably early that year and signed players who all contributed to an extent.(Whittingham being the disappointment).  Since then (and before)  every window has been a shit show.

The probable reason for that being we were suddenly the big fish again in that league so recruitment easier at that level.

• Like 4

Same old frustrating window started really by a poster a few days ago who told us all to brace ourselves.

You then get the managers who seemingly can't wait to slate Mowbray .

Instead of whinging all the time come up with a player who is available that is better than what we have.

Last two days have been boring as hell.

On 31/08/2020 at 15:13, Mattyblue said:

1 hour ago, damo100 said:

Same old frustrating window started really by a poster a few days ago who told us all to brace ourselves.

You then get the managers who seemingly can't wait to slate Mowbray .

Instead of whinging all the time come up with a player who is available that is better than what we have.

Last two days have been boring as hell.

We've come up with plenty on here.  Unfortunately, it seems like the management of the club haven't got the where with all to sign any of them.

Buck stops with the manager. They are his targets.

Edited by Wing Wizard Windy Miller
  • Like 4