BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

16 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Not a fan of Hanley, and I thought he was a poor captain, but he might have that fear factor that keeps others on their toes.

If he could have the type of second-time-around impact that Hendry had it could be just what we need.

Me neither he played in a world of his own but i don't think there was anyone there to get a grip of him ti be honest. Player wise those there's a lot there to work with he should be a top defender at this level he's wasted on a bench.

If he could actually form a partnership with someone then he's useful to have around but needs to stay out of the alehouses and concentrate on his job.

Just now, Ossydave said:

Amazed at the positive Hanley comments, he ain't interested in this game at all, goes out on the piss all the time and subsequently gets 'injured' a hell of a lot. Not for me.

he used to live on buckshaw village during his rovers time and you are quite right,he did used to go out a lot on the razz,he was quite obnoxious as well after a few pints,still think he`s a good defender though,bar lenihan he`s miles better than anyone we`ve got now

• Like 3

1 minute ago, simongarnerisgod said:

he used to live on buckshaw village during his rovers time and you are quite right,he did used to go out a lot on the razz,he was quite obnoxious as well after a few pints,still think he`s a good defender though,bar lenihan he`s miles better than anyone we`ve got now

A Dante's regular and used to hide out in the Ley Inn sometimes,  Guiness and jagerbombs he was hardcore.

4 hours ago, bluebruce said:

It did take guts for him to come back so soon. That has nothing to do with whether I speculate that a swift recurrence of broken bones may (emphasis on may) mean there is an underlying issue there. It's hardly outside of the realms of possibility. As somebody who has had recurring injuries myself since my early 20s that have stopped me playing consistently, and numerous other minor health conditions, I also wonder if I have an underlying condition. It doesnt make myself nor Evans lesser men or something, it's just a possibility.

I'll leave it there because, as my semantics did clearly state, I was only mentioning a possibility and without an actual assessment from a professional there is no way of knowing. I'm not sure why you've seemingly ascribed it any more relevance than that. If he breaks a bone again any time soon though I'd be surprised if the medical experts didn't take a look for a deeper root cause than bad luck.

Out of curiosity when you had your collision, did you also fracture/break/shatter about 4 or 5 different bones? From memory I think it was nose, cheek, eyesocket and jaw. Personally I don't ever remember hearing about so many different facial injuries from one foot. Feel like Raya's looked worse because of momentum  and he didn't break as many things. Both were pretty horrendous of course.

I fractured skull, cheekbone, jaw, eye socket and nose and was only hit once (the guy headed me instead of the ball, at full force and he also hurt himself quite badly in the process). Ironically it was my first game back after breaking all 5 metatarsals in one OTT challenge In the first minute of a game - the guy got a red card. The only two times I ever broke bones on a football park. 
I wasn’t meaning to pick an argument with you mate but this is one subject I do know a bit about and Evans’s injuries were ‘normal’. 
As I have repeatedly stated, he does miss too many games though.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Norwich run a tight ship on wages. Delia and hubby won't allow them to chuck millions down the drain on non contributing wages. If Farke doesn't want Hanley he will be under pressure to get the wages off so it wouldn't surprise me if a loan was on the cards.

Becoming clear that it is going to be loans only unless someone takes Williams or Mulgrew off us which might free up the cash for a fee.

So what’s happened to the £900,000 we had lined up for Kipre?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, unleaded said:

Sack them both ... shambles ..

My Tip would be Mark McKenzie US Player ..Under a Million .. Center Back Hard as Rock .. Fast .. Within Our budget 

Prob End Up with some young raw Local lad who lives around the corner .... 

Unleaded, why would we sign someone who plays in a League the scouting network have not  been researching, especially as he is already a full international and looks to be

able to pass with both feet, tackle, head and doesn't get pulled out of position. It would be madness to sign someone from the MSL, it never goes well...  Oh apart from Ryan Nelsen.  

Edited by pjt
  • Like 4

• Backroom
6 minutes ago, pjt said:

Could the club re-hire whoever found Chris Samba for 400k and Ryan Nelsen on a free?  It wasn;t Gary Bowyers dad was it?

Barry Hunter wasn't it? He moved on to Man City, now he's at Liverpool.

Edited by Mike E
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, damo100 said:

Same old frustrating window started really by a poster a few days ago who told us all to brace ourselves.

You then get the managers who seemingly can't wait to slate Mowbray .

Instead of whinging all the time come up with a player who is available that is better than what we have.

Last two days have been boring as hell.

We want the manager and his associates to do their jobs like the fans do theirs every day, on way less pay.

The frustration comes because they are not doing theirs and we know the club will suffer as a result.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tomphil said:

A Dante's regular and used to hide out in the Ley Inn sometimes,  Guiness and jagerbombs he was hardcore.

I'm surprised my mate never ended up with him - Scotland fan, football fanatic and HAS been hit on by him. 

I guess he must just be that much of a dickhead. 

• Like 1

I truly expected this off-season, Rovers would make three moves, putting them in position to finish 4th-6th in Championship for ‘20-‘21 season. No more temporary fixes, loaners that good or bad, would just keep our heads above water. We would finally get Key signings, that would shut up the most critical of our fans, and convince us that the Owners give a good damn about the future of the club. 

Was I wrong. Other than Kaminski, who I expect to be a slight improvement over Walton, the other key additions will once again be  elders, like Wes Brown, Bradley Johnson or Stu Downing, or loanouts. Same as last year. 

So, after we take about a 5-1 pounding at King Power, we look forward to the new season with not much expectations. We have finished 8th since relegation from PL. Truthfully, I would have welcomed 8th this season. It would have been improvement. So, Championship survival is what’s at stake...yet again. 

Tony stayed he needed long term answers, not short term fixes, and yes, I believed him. I guess if he believed his bosses wanted to dress up their pretty blue & white toy, and make it more enjoyable to the fans (and more profitable to them) he isn’t a believer now. 

I’m generally a sunshine-pumper & rainbow crapper, but it’s not sunny here in Texas right now, and I doubt it will be sunny at Ewood Park this season. Substantial improvements in our 11 aren’t forthcoming. 

Survival. That’s what we look forward to this year.... same as the last eight seasons. 

Edited by WacoRover
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Crimpshrine said:

It's a very real possibility. Compromise needed from both parties, which isn't always easy with agents involved, so may end up being a loan deal.

Interesting. Certainly fits the ‘man’ category. Would bring leadership and some steel to that back line but also not great on the ball and has real shockers from time to time. The big question I guess is which version do we get back?

i think overall a motivated Grant Hanley would be a real coupe. Has been promoted and lead promotions. Cares about the club.

With the compromises needed I can’t see that being quick fix though Norwich may very well be motivated after their recent business.

thanks mate...keep us updated.

I haven't seen Hanley play that much since he left and he made some mistakes in his time here but in that 2015-16 season he was head and shoulders above as our best player and if he could replicate that form then he'd be a great signing.  I don't know if he's a heavy drinker and that would be a bad thing but he was captain here and is captain at Norwich so presumably he does have some leadership qualities.  If we could sign him and a quality left back I think that would huge boost for this season.

Personally I'd rather go for quality over quantity in this window and use more of the young players as backup.

• Like 2