BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

52 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Half the problem here is that Mowbray appears to be very relaxed about the situation as he has been since promotion. If we get who we want great but if not then oh well better luck next time.

Does not give the impression of a man under any pressure or expectation, nor a man desperate to drag the club kicking into the promotion picture.

Frustrating to say the least.

So you’d prefer seeing him have a nervous breakdown during interview? 

Not really sure how a mangers emotions on missing out on players impacts anything really...

19 hours ago, Darrenbot said:

Why would 2 weeks in quarantine stop someone from signing a player from europe on a 3 or 4 year deal

Well you might want the player to come straight into the 1st team squad and trained with the squad. 

19 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Does Lindsay come in as replacement for Adarabioyo and make you think that we can get close to the top 6 though? I also dont think we should be loaning him, for a start, that is him out of 2 games as ineligible. 

Not sure why there is urgency to sign a right back either. Edwards has been out on the fringes after not keeping fit during lockdown I think but any right back would be second in line and thus is far from a priority.

You would think that there is better across Europe than Lindsay, although I have seen nothing to suggest anything but a passing interest.

The quarantine reason is just an excuse. Ultimately doing our business quicker would eliminate the problem, like with Kaminski whereby he is eligible for the season opener. The 2 potential 2 week isolation is not ideal even now but if there is someone better, it is still worth just accepting that he will miss 2 weeks depending on where he comes from. If the scouting network is what it is hyped up to be, surely there is a decent centre back somewhere across Europe.

You aren't going to get like to like player to Adarabioyo. Lindsay would be decent signing. I would be loaning him with a view to permanent signing next summer if he performs. Aswell as signing another centre back. So what if he is ineligible for 2 games thats why you have a squad at your disposal. didn't stop Millwall signing Woods on loan from Stoke did he? 

Edwards won the Stanley Matthews award during his first season at Stoke. If Nyambe isn't re signing then we need a right back long term. 

Well we have no idea if we are looking at European centre back or who we have scouting in European competitions. 

No The quarantine reason isn't an excuse at all. If you look at many European incoming signings were made between this summer and last summer there is massive different. In last season summer transfer window, clubs made 45 signings from overseas clubs whither it was permanent or loans compare to this summer window which has seen only 15 transfer from overseas clubs. So why such a drop off in transfers from overseas clubs to us?

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:
20 hours ago, Darrenbot said:

Why would 2 weeks in quarantine stop someone from signing a player from europe on a 3 or 4 year deal

Well you might want the player to come straight into the 1st team squad and trained with the squad

Chaddy sorry mate you're wrong here. 

2 weeks out of 1-5 years is absolutely nothing. 

It would have zero impact on a signing unless we had some serious injury to kaminski where we were desperate for a new first team keeper asap.

• Like 3

Just now, RoversClitheroe said:

It would have zero impact on a signing unless we had some serious injury to kaminski where we were desperate for a new first team keeper asap.

didn't know you were football agent or transfer expert? My apologises :rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

didn't know you were football agent or transfer expert? My apologises :rolleyes:

You don't need to be a agent or football expert all you need to have is an ounce of commons sense. If a side are singing a player who could improve their team over the next 3,4,5 years do you really think they would turn him down because he has to quarantine for 14 days?

Edited by Ewood Ace
  • Like 8

1 minute ago, philipl said:

Two transfer deadline days.

5 Oct for Prem incomings

16 Oct for Prem outgoings and the EFL.

Plenty of time to hit 1,000 pages on this thread!

And any signings made on deadline day would presumably be unavailable for the Forest game the next day, ie our 5th League game of the season. 

Certainly bizarre to advocate waiting as long as is necessary to sign players yet dismiss foreign players due to a potential 2 week quarantine, especially when our only signing thus far has been required to quarantine, which is not ideal but still leaves him training today and ready for the first game.

Its just further excuses. There was and still is nothing stopping us from signing playing in Europe, as we have already done with Kaminski, and had we got it done early enough as we did with Kaminski, it wouldnt have been anything other than a minor inconvenience. As it is, even if he missed 2 games, not great but will a domestic player be here any quicker?! Probably not.

I dont care where we sign players from as long as they are good enough, but there seems to be neither any urgency nor any ability to work on more than one deal!

• Like 5

I wasn't worried over the past couple of weeks as we kept getting told things were imminent (I know, more fool me). Now the sounds out of Ewood are changing and I am starting to get very worried about the lack of progress we're seeing with incomings. 

I don't want to be settling for players like Lindsay when we could have done so much better. It's just not good enough. It's not even just this window, we should have been addressing our defensive problems over the past 4 windows at least.

Even with Tosin, I didn't really want him back because I was hoping we'd actually sign some players to contracts but as time moves on, we'll be begging for Tosin back and we shouldn't be!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

Certainly bizarre to advocate waiting as long as is necessary to sign players yet dismiss foreign players due to a potential 2 week quarantine, especially when our only signing thus far has been required to quarantine, which is not ideal but still leaves him training today and ready for the first game.

Its just further excuses. There was and still is nothing stopping us from signing playing in Europe, as we have already done with Kaminski, and had we got it done early enough as we did with Kaminski, it wouldnt have been anything other than a minor inconvenience. As it is, even if he missed 2 games, not great but will a domestic player be here any quicker?! Probably not.

I dont care where we sign players from as long as they are good enough, but there seems to be neither any urgency nor any ability to work on more than one deal!

Very bizarre indeed.

Completely agree on your further points.

The silence and lack of rumours is deafening and frightening.

Huge chance for us to kick on a potentially push for play offs IF we make the correct signings and soon.

I fear Mowbray is far too comfortable to put pressure on himself with ambitious signings.

• Like 3

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Certainly bizarre to advocate waiting as long as is necessary to sign players yet dismiss foreign players due to a potential 2 week quarantine

But we didn't have these quarantine rules at that time did we? But you have move the goal posts to suit your own argument?

But can't answer why there is such a drop off in transfers from overseas clubs? wonder why you can't? Did you know look at the figures provided?

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

but there seems to be neither any urgency nor any ability to work on more than one deal!

how do you know that there is no urgency going on at the club about transfers? source from inside the club or someone who worked at the club? 

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

But we didn't have these quarantine rules at that time did we? But you have move the goal posts to suit your own argument?

But can't answer why there is such a drop off in transfers from overseas clubs? wonder why you can't? Did you know look at the figures provided?

how do you know that there is no urgency going on at the club about transfers? source from inside the club or someone who worked at the club? 

He's not moved the goal posts one bit Chaddy.

Figures are figures it doesn't tell the total picture Chaddy any stats led person can tell you that.

Do you personally know if there's any urgency at the club? From what I know there's not much activity.

• Like 2

He's been very fortunate in past windows when these alleged A, B list targets don't materialize. They've usually tipped the nod with their finance men to allow the Tosins, Reids etc and dug money out for Brereton & Gallagher.

How he's used them is down to him but it looks this season as if nothing like that will be ok'd.

Could be a really testing season.

Do you personally know if there's any urgency at the club? From what I know there's not much activity.

well no one knows anything with any certainly unless you are in the offices of Mowbray and Waggott. 

Kaminski deal came nowhere and no local journalists and ITK knew about that transfer until its was deal agreed