Stuart

Summer Transfer Window

27 minutes ago, 47er said:

Triumph of hope over experience. Clutching at straws. You want to believe it.

But there's an emerging body of evidence that he has something effective to offer the club, so let's support the kid & give him a proper chance to prove himself.

Defenders hate forwards running at them and turning them inside out, he has that type of style and I think is growing in confidence to be able to show that ability more frequently. He could be one of those players where lockdown has done him a favour by taking away fan pressure.

Mark Bunn feeling nostalgic. (Last two posts liked by Bennett too for first time in ages)

at 34 could he be tempted to become a number 2 at rovers again and put his Cambridge coaching on hold 🤣🤣🤣

AE036542-9725-491D-AADA-79DCFDE6F1B9.png

Edited by markhayhurst

Are we about to see a Nat Phillips(CB) and Yasser Larouchi(LB) double swoop from Liverpool?

3 hours ago, Fraserkirky said:

Are we about to see a Nat Phillips(CB) and Yasser Larouchi(LB) double swoop from Liverpool?

Are you asking us or telling us?

Saw the Icelandic defenders comfortably deal with England maybe they could easily do a job for us!

7 hours ago, Atko's Engine said:

But there's an emerging body of evidence that he has something effective to offer the club, so let's support the kid & give him a proper chance to prove himself.

Defenders hate forwards running at them and turning them inside out, he has that type of style and I think is growing in confidence to be able to show that ability more frequently. He could be one of those players where lockdown has done him a favour by taking away fan pressure.

What fan pressure?

10 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

agree,he should flash his knickers at mowbray

That wouldn't do him any good. Mowbray likes players to be smartly dressed.

7 hours ago, markhayhurst said:

Mark Bunn feeling nostalgic. (Last two posts liked by Bennett too for first time in ages)

at 34 could he be tempted to become a number 2 at rovers again and put his Cambridge coaching on hold 🤣🤣🤣

AE036542-9725-491D-AADA-79DCFDE6F1B9.png

Agent Benno at work ?

He knows TM loves this kind of thing.

9 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Agent Benno at work ?

He knows TM loves this kind of thing.

He might just like other players speaking highly of Rovers. Maybe, just maybe, Benno has loved him time at Rovers just as much. 

12 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

No club will have not signed signed a player because they would have to quarantine for 2 weeks. 

10 hours ago, SoldierMo said:

Haha chaddy you really do make me laugh sometimes...saying rovers should wait till deadline day but won’t wait for a player to quarantine...bloodyhell

I don't think you guys get the defend the club at all costs and ignore logic and evidence idea. 

Mind you I wish our defence defended Rovers with the passion and determination of Chaddy. We might conceed a few less goals. 

37 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

He might just like other players speaking highly of Rovers. Maybe, just maybe, Benno has loved him time at Rovers just as much. 

I don't think anybody is questioning that.

. Maybe just maybe he's a pal of Bennetts and he's giving him a heads up to get him noticed.

Edited by tomphil

Just now, tomphil said:

I don't think anybody is questioning that.

Maybe just maybe you're being a tad wum again there bluebottle.

Eh? You said Benno was doing because TM loves it. You've no actual evidence of that. Sorry that you've been called out on your WUMing. 

Just now, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Eh? You said Benno was doing because TM loves it. You've no actual evidence of that. Sorry that you've been called out on your WUMing. 

Don't come all evidence gatherer it's the classic line on here reserved for those with no serious answer themselves.

I was merely saying he might be hoping to get the clubs attention to a player who might fancy coming back. As far as conspiracies go it's hardly the Da Vinci code is it ?

Bunn would probably be decent back up so get back in your little box there's nothing to see here.

Just now, tomphil said:

Don't come all evidence gatherer it's the classic line on here reserved for those with no serious answer themselves.

I was merely saying he might be hoping to get the clubs attention to a player who might fancy coming back. As far as conspiracies go it's hardly the Da Vinci code is it ?

Bunn would probably be decent back up so get back in your little box there's nothing to see here.

Little box? You're being a tad unpleasant. Everything ok?

why do people keep recommending simunovic he's played 75 games in 5 years injury prone doesn't come close to describing him. Ayala yeah maybe but haven't seen enough of him to know how good he would be over a season. 

2 hours ago, 47er said:

What fan pressure?

There is inevitable pressure to perform in front of fans in a stadium, even if those fans are supportive of the player's efforts (which I think is what you're driving at).  I acknowledge that the Rovers fans have generally been supportive of him on matchday but, with no fans in attendance currently, I suspect it makes it easier for a young player low on confidence & who's trying to justify a huge price tag, to perform better.

This transfer window is getting silly.

So what I have been told is that Mowbray hasn't been given a budget as such. He has told the owners what he is looking for and they have told him to go to them and get sign off for each offer made. This means added waiting time as the owners agents investigate each potential transfer deal, the costs and legal implications.

Something's got to give.

11 minutes ago, Atko's Engine said:

There is inevitable pressure to perform in front of fans in a stadium, even if those fans are supportive of the player's efforts (which I think is what you're driving at).  I acknowledge that the Rovers fans have generally been supportive of him on matchday but, with no fans in attendance currently, I suspect it makes it easier for a young player low on confidence & who's trying to justify a huge price tag, to perform better.

Fair point. He has been well supported by fans though and you might have thought that would have spurred him on a bit.

2 minutes ago, RovingRover said:

Something's got to give

We probably will be too slow and any targets we might have will be signed by others, i'd imagine. Usually seems that way.

10 minutes ago, RovingRover said:

So what I have been told is that Mowbray hasn't been given a budget as such. He has told the owners what he is looking for and they have told him to go to them and get sign off for each offer made. This means added waiting time as the owners agents investigate each potential transfer deal, the costs and legal implications.

Something's got to give.

The owners agents being ?

26 minutes ago, RovingRover said:

Something's got to give.

It’s not just this one. They definitely call is silly season for a reason....

25 minutes ago, RovingRover said:

Something's got to give.

Standard procedure akin to everything else Blackburn Rovers 2010-present 

26 minutes ago, RovingRover said:

Something's got to give.

That makes perfect sense as to why this window has such a scatter gun feel to it. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if this was their approach to every window in the last decade given the reported targets we've missed. If it is true why would any manager work for them?

2 minutes ago, arbitro said:

That makes perfect sense as to why this window has such a scatter gun feel to it. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if this was their approach to every window in the last decade given the reported targets we've missed. If it is true why would any manager work for them?

Money