BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

I haven't said wait to the end of the transfer window as far I know but what I think I said we have to bring in the right players at the prices we valued the player at and not over paying for players

You have repeatedly said it matters who we have at the end of the window and played down concerns that we are starting without said reinforcements. 

The number are there to see, a drop in foreign signings. You are most than welcome to go and do your research on the drop off in terms of foreign signings?

I will posted the total number of foreign signings after the 5th of October  

Deflection. The issue isn't whether there are fewer foreign signings - although my post clearly shows why I have issues with such stats that you put out. (Reread my post and you will see the issue I have with your stats.) 

But that is not the issue I am debating/questioning you on! 

I have issue with you saying it's harder to look in the foreign market AND defending the club saying we are using our European scouting network. It's the contradiction of the two statements that I predominantly have issue with. 

Well I mention Liam Lindsay about 20 months as a potential signing for us. I suggested a loan to buy if he performs which is sensible deal for us and allow us to use money available for centre back permanent signing and left back. 

The problem is there's been too much patching up and sticky plasters on our defence for too long. It needs permanent longer term solutions. Add in loans should be used for higher quality players and there is no real reason to loan him. Why waste a loan on a player who isn't too quality. They should be youngsters we wouldn't otherwise get or finishing pieces of the jigsaw not players like Lindsay. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

Ridiculous.

Why is it ridiculous? It would be more ridiculous for Rovers to spend money on a centre half. No way we were ever in for Kipre. The fact Sharpe leaked it says it all. You could normally write Sharpe’s scoops on the back of a postage stamp. And suddenly he had inside info? Bollox. 

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Perhaps the plan is to allow all these players off on free transfers. Then nobody will expect any money to be spent because we don't receive any.

At a normal club the owners would be extremely concerned at the above and be instructing staff at Ewood to get it sorted.

Here though we stand to lose millions on these lads and the owners seemingly couldn't care less.

and we are supposed to be reassured because the club has an extra year's option on Dack. Forget about that and give him a proper extension.

Can't afford to do it? How about can't afford not to.

Mowbray has extensions on his mind. Needs a bit more than being on his mind. Needs to be in black and white and rubber stamped.

No evidence any talks are even taking place and looking at the inertia and lack of communication around the place and the disrespect they show to paying customers does anyone reckon they are on the ball in communications with players?

Silly comment, letting them go for free, Rovers pretty good record for renewing contracts, how on earth can you know if any talks have taken place.

Contract talks work both ways the player and agent have to agree to talk beside the club, let’s see what happens, pretty obvious to me they will want to extend all of those contracts.

• Like 1

I never thought I’d say this but we are missing a director of football. Someone who can be the go between between the manager and the scouting network! TM is so indecisive, every transfer window I’d the same story!

Our needs have been blatant for a couple seasons now, yet it’s always done in the last minute or not at all!

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, Bohinen 22 said:

The Kipre link was cleverly orchestrated to  give the impression to supporters that we were being ambitious and serious about buying players. Hence the leak to Sharpe. It’s nonsense. Same old boring, no ambition and incompetence every transfer window. And then Newcastle fans moan about Ashley. They’ve just snapped up two of Bournemouth’s best players. Great signings. They don’t know they’re born.

What’s “nonsense” is this completely fabricated post, drawn straight from your mind and rooted in absolutely zero facts. Complete and utter rubbish.

3 minutes ago, Hi Mack said:

I never thought I’d say this but we are missing a director of football. Someone who can be the go between between the manager and the scouting network! TM is so indecisive, every transfer window I’d the same story!

Our needs have been blatant for a couple seasons now, yet it’s always done in the last minute or not at all!

Pretty much every successful club at this level has a director of football

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

So Bristol have basically filled all the positions that we'd like to....and all before the season starts. 

Clearly some sort of witchcraft or sorcery involved.

I think we still use the yellow pages when completing transfers! 

• Like 4

Waggot & TM doing what till late hours ...

The Southend defence lineup from 3 Years ago says it all ..... 

And his Defenders are coming & am not stupid I know where we need to sign players bla bla .. 

We Deff need a directer of Football .. Waggot Mowbray and his side kick are just not the types to pull the players .. 

Venkys need a coach - Directer of football system .. 

We are playing catch up with the other like Brentford West Brom the list is endless ... 

If TM doesn’t like that .. he can always leave ... which he won’t ... he will never have a gig like this and Waggot .... 

• Like 6