BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

I dont think that Garner would be someone either feasible or affordable permanently, as with Adarabioyo. No real senior football again a worry. If he is better than what we have though, which I havent a clue, then sure. But lots of questions about that.

As it is, seems that half the Championship are linked so presumably nothing in it.

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

As opposed to who? We don't have anyone else.

Even with Wharton and Carter in the reckoning that is 3 cbs once we sell Williams

Seems insanity to me to be paying Mulgrew to clear off elsewhere whilst in the state we are in. If we need to raise the wages by sending him to Fleetwood then we've no hope. Are we really relying on that lot to take him off our hands for a year?

He has obviously fallen out with the manager and he isn't up to playing this level anymore.

I doubt very much we are waiting on the little contribution Fleetwood would be able to provide to secure a signing ourselves.

Agree we need defenders in asap but Mulgrew will not be playing even if he does stay, to me it's logical to get him off the books, he shouldn't have been offered a lengthy lucrative contract in the first place again a mistake by Mowbray.

Seems there is a conspiracy with everything Rovers do in your mind.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RovingRover said:

? Loan with a view would be perfect. Superb footballer.

can you tell us more about the player and they type of midfielder he is?

1 hour ago, islander200 said:

Villa close to signing Watkins, good player but 28 million for someone who has never played higher than the championship.Silly money and everything that is wrong with the game.

crazy money for player who never PL level. 

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

I'd rather we just kept Mulgrew here and got our moneys worth than subsidised another move elsewhere whilst failing to get what we need.

why? Her isn't good enough to ever play here. Have you forgotten his shocking performance against Boro in the February 2019 when he wouldn;t head the ball? 

He isn't championship standard anymore. So league 1 club is the best he can get and Fleetwood would be ideal given his home is based in Wrea Green. 

46 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Mowbray when defending Brereton has regularly referenced the considerable price tag, you would think that he would mention if the fee was considerably lower because that could help reduce the expectations perhaps.

Fairly sure in the first set of accounts that covered that period there was a reference to a £5million payment, so corresponding with a down payment  - from memory there was a collective feeling of resignation on here, that yes, we really will be spending in the region of £7million.

• Like 3

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

can you tell us more about the player and they type of midfielder he is?

He's an excellent up and coming all round central defensive minded center midfielder.

Strong, likes to close down his opponents, get stuck in, excellent range of short and long range passing. Fast, composed and would certainly push Corry Evans. 6ft tall and has a high work rate.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

‘We’ aren’t looking for league 1 loans for him mate...that’s just the best he can get! I’m pretty sure if ‘we’ had the choice, we’d prefer City to offer £20m and have done with it!

Fine let me rephrase- I'm bemused we are entertaining it. It isn't really worth bothering at that amount. Like Alex said hopefully there's a big loan fee attached to get around it.

38 minutes ago, 4000Holes said:

Every time I look in the media, we are being linked with a winger, a midfielder, another goalkeeper.

Why, when the most pressing need is for a left back and central defender.

I think Mowbray has lost it.

I estimate that 99% of transfer stories in the media and on the internet are bullshit. The only people that have lost it are those who follow the likes of Nixon. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, RovingRover said:

He's an excellent up and coming all round central defensive minded center midfielder.

Strong, likes to close down his opponents, get stuck in, excellent range of short and long range passing. Fast, composed and would certainly push Corry Evans. 6ft tall and has a high work rate.

thanks for that ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bluebruce said:

Fine let me rephrase- I'm bemused we are entertaining it. It isn't really worth bothering at that amount. Like Alex said hopefully there's a big loan fee attached to get around it.

Him and the manager have fallen out, he won't play regardless so if Fleetwood are interested and nobody else who could pay a higher portion of his wage comes in then surely we should just let him join Fleetwood.

If he stays he won't be considered anyway.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Say you only save £120k, that's still money we could use elsewhere.

I'll be amazed if 120k is the difference between signing someone or not. If you told me we could have Mulgrew as an emergency backup for 120k for the season I'd probably say sure. We concede more with him but he also scores.

31 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Him and the manager have fallen out, he won't play regardless so if Fleetwood are interested and nobody else who could pay a higher portion of his wage comes in then surely we should just let him join Fleetwood.

If he stays he won't be considered anyway.

I'm sure we could put out feelers in the Middle East, China or US or something to pay more.

1 hour ago, islander200 said:

He has obviously fallen out with the manager and he isn't up to playing this level anymore.

The cost of his wages or paying him off should be borne by whichever idiot signed off his deal extension, at a time when it was abundantly clear that he was not capable of fulfilling his side of the bargain (I.e. functioning as a professional football player at Championship level). 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

@J*B prob hit the nail on the head. They’ve likely tried now to get Kipre and Mawson as top targets and been done financially on both deals...so they’re onto the ‘other’ names on the list.

I also agree that if we can’t get into the top 6 in reality, which the Combined budget suggests it’s going to be tough then I would also pull this ‘mid level budget’ for all players other than those we can develop and increase In value.

I would rather them play one of Carter or Wharton next to Lenihan than pay another loan fee plus wages for Tosin (who I love btw). Kipre was a no brainer at £900k. He’d have been worth £5m to us by next summer and will be worth at least that and prob more to West Brom  in the PL.

My friend who’s a first team coach in the Championship reckons Ayala wants £40k a week which corroborates with Crookes info. Whilst Ayala would be a fantastic signing, there’s no point putting a 30 odd year old on a 2/3 year contract on £40k per week with no resale value unless he’s the final piece of the jigsaw. 

If it's good enough for Mulgrew why not Ayala?

47 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I'll be amazed if 120k is the difference between signing someone or not. If you told me we could have Mulgrew as an emergency backup for 120k for the season I'd probably say sure. We concede more with him but he also scores.

So you'd keep a guy around the squad who doesn't want to be here in case we get 4 CB injuries?

A guy you could let go and save £120k on?

8 hours ago, unsall said:

You do need to wait until the window closes before keep harping on about a weaker side.

Wish I'd had a pound for every time I'd heard that during every abysmal transfer window from the Mowbray supporters!

It never gets any better by the end of it either! Last two Jan windows only Club in the League not to sign anyone and Chapman respectively, last summer £5m wasted on Gallagher,  no permanent keeper acquired and the dreadful Walton in, the summer before (probably) having to go back cap in hand to the owners at the last minute having missed out on all our targets and over paying for Brereton in a last minute panic buy. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Cos Mulgrew’s on circa £15k? ??‍♂️

I doubt that.  I was told Downing was on 15k p.w. 

Mulgrew will be on less than Ayala  but the principle is still the same. You scoffed at the notion we would hand out an overly generous contract to someone of a certain age.