BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

5 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Absolutely! If the best we can do is save £120k then I’m all for it! 

Considering you're  suddenly so keen to save £120k I don't recall you voicing your dissent when we paid Gladwin for 6 months to use our facilities, or Smallwood and Hart for an extra month for doing nothing!

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, unleaded said:

Waggot & TM doing Sod all & the Venkys Msn just watching the slow destruction of a club ... Who is Worse ? 

There is NO chance with the current regime we are going up ... 

The likes of Waggot & Mowbray will just go back to there well feathered nests while a club struggles .....

They should either step aside or do something positive .... Confetti contracts handed out by this regime and big payoffs  will only result in the death of this proud club...

Nobody Wants to buy our players not even a sniff ... only payoffs transfers ... Not Playoffs Transfers ... 

Think you've nailed it there.

In all the talk about whether it's better to use the youngsters and maybe finish lower, or bring in expensive loanees to finish midtable, there seems to some sort of idea that by doing the latter we are close to achieving promotion whereas in my view we're a million miles away using this method. Back to square one every summer and likely to regress at a rate of knots as the few better players get bored of waiting for anything to happen and move on.

The only apparent hope is the youngsters come good but I suspect under this manager they'll only play peripheral roles whilst senior players are shoehorned in out of position.

Many of us questioned at the time the lunacy of handing out blanket long term contracts to average ageing players as some sort of loyalty bonus and its now coming back to bite us on the arse over the last couple of seasons

Edited by RevidgeBlue

5 minutes ago, unleaded said:

It shows how unprofessional TM is ... 

The Exact Same Player who he gave a good long contract to on the basis that he is a good player suddenly is frozen out and paid off .... 

He would not be allowed to do that at a normal club ... 

Like Bale being the best paid at Madrid, but doesnt get played? Or Sanchez getting a bumper contract at United, but being loaned to Inter? Or signing a player for over £100m and loaning to Bayern? 

He gave Mulgrew the contract as a reward, Mulgrew then didnt perform on the pitch. Bad judgement fine, but would anyone rather we continue to play him, just because of the contract he is on? The clubs above arent/didnt with the players they put on big contracts. And thats without mentioning Charlie's recent exemplary social media behaviour. Bad apples wont help the dressing room and shouldnt be tolerated. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Wish I'd had a pound for every time I'd heard that during every abysmal transfer window from the Mowbray supporters!

It never gets any better by the end of it either! Last two Jan windows only Club in the League not to sign anyone and Chapman respectively, last summer £5m wasted on Gallagher,  no permanent keeper acquired and the dreadful Walton in, the summer before (probably) having to go back cap in hand to the owners at the last minute having missed out on all our targets and over paying for Brereton in a last minute panic buy. 

Wish I had a pound for every time Chaddy has said 'Clearly' in recent months.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, alex l said:

Like Bale being the best paid at Madrid, but doesnt get played? Or Sanchez getting a bumper contract at United, but being loaned to Inter? Or signing a player for over £100m and loaning to Bayern? 

He gave Mulgrew the contract as a reward, Mulgrew then didnt perform on the pitch. Bad judgement fine, but would anyone rather we continue to play him, just because of the contract he is on? The clubs above arent/didnt with the players they put on big contracts. And thats without mentioning Charlie's recent exemplary social media behaviour. Bad apples wont help the dressing room and shouldnt be tolerated. 

However all those players you name were signed by previous managers or directors and not wanted by current managers.

In our case Mowbray has, allegedly, had complete and undisputed control of recruitment and contracts for the last 3 years. 

So when he awards 32 year old Mulgrew with a 3 year contract on big money i have no sympathy when Mulgrew expects the club to honour that.

We don't know the ins and outs but we do know Mowbray started last season with Mulgrew as captain, which suggests that he was confident in his abilities just over a year ago. Before that he was a cornerstone of the side for 2 seasons under Mowbray.

Of course as Mulgrew gets older he will become less effective. But I don't believe his ability has deteriorated so much in just over 12 months that he has gone from captain and 1st choice to sat behind Carter and Magloire in the pecking order.

More to it than football. Clearly a bust up of sorts. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, alex l said:

Thats fair enough but there is no chance Zidane had anything to do with giving Bale that contract. He has never liked him. Most of your examples seem to be club decisions and seeing as TM basically runs the club, those decisions seem to fall on his shoulders soley.

55 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

So you'd keep a guy around the squad who doesn't want to be here in case we get 4 CB injuries?

A guy you could let go and save £120k on?

I think he'll get over it if he wants something left of his career. Look I don't rate him much anymore but with the lack of experienced CBs there might be games where he can plug a gap and offer the odd goal threat. So he wouldn't be my 5th/6th choice with current personnel like you imply.

I'd expect to be able to get more than 120k back on terminating his contract if we got the players we need by the end of the window tbh.

Just now, bluebruce said:

I think he'll get over it if he wants something left of his career. Look I don't rate him much anymore but with the lack of experienced CBs there might be games where he can plug a gap and offer the odd goal threat. So he wouldn't be my 5th/6th choice with current personnel like you imply.

I'd expect to be able to get more than 120k back on terminating his contract if we got the players we need by the end of the window tbh.

It's a binding contract, he's entitled to every penny of it. 

He'd be behind Lenihan, Williams, Wharton, Carter and Magloire for mine. 

46 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Considering you're  suddenly so keen to save £120k I don't recall you voicing your dissent when we paid Gladwin for 6 months to use our facilities, or Smallwood and Hart for an extra month for doing nothing!

You remember what you like. I was completely aghast that we had decided to extend Smallwood and Hart whilst pleading poverty.

I didn’t have the same concern the year before with Gladwin as I understood why in terms of the injury and we weren’t being asked to sink the remainder of our ST money in to pay for it!

But not to put a finer point on it. Why on EARTH are you arguing about this? Mulgrew is finished at Rovers. Young lads preferred to him and he recently aired his dirty laundry in public. Whatever we can do to get rid without costing us more is fine by me.

• Like 1

I'm not saying TM shouldn't have accountability for Mulgrews contract, but he has the right to not play him for whatever reason he deems fit - it may be performance, could also be financial with bonuses etc. But to say TM is unprofessional on his handling of it...he hasn't publicly slated Charlie, I assume he still allows him to train with the senior squad. It was Mulgrew being unprofessional on twitter and perhaps that tipped it to getting him out at pretty much any cost. I'm sure in any scenario Mulgrew gets the cash he signed for. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, alex l said:

I'm not saying TM shouldn't have accountability for Mulgrews contract, but he has the right to not play him for whatever reason he deems fit - it may be performance, could also be financial with bonuses etc. But to say TM is unprofessional on his handling of it...he hasn't publicly slated Charlie, I assume he still allows him to train with the senior squad. It was Mulgrew being unprofessional on twitter and perhaps that tipped it to getting him out at pretty much any cost. I'm sure in any scenario Mulgrew gets the cash he signed for. 

Agreed. TM's public comments on this have been exemplary, as far as I can see..Mulgrew's sniping is petulant.

• Like 8

Interesting to note some of the fees that a number championship players have gone or been quoted for to go to the Prem. Watkins at Brentford is close to a £28m (rising to £33m) move to Villa. How many players do we have that are even sellable assets. Dack and Armstrong?  A couple of others like Travis and RN based on potential? Shows how far we have fallen. And yet a centre back and a left back and I think we're competitive!

25 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

But not to put a finer point on it. Why on EARTH are you arguing about this? Mulgrew is finished at Rovers. Young lads preferred to him and he recently aired his dirty laundry in public. Whatever we can do to get rid without costing us more is fine by me.

You're talking absolute rubbish. Whether Mulgrew does or does not go to Fleetwood and whether we can either have him at our disposal or save (say) £120k is a marginal benefit either way and fairly irrelevant in the general scheme of things.

The issue is that Mowbray gave him such a ridiculous contract at his age then compounded it by  falling  out with him putting the Club in the position of having to pay the player the thick end of £2m quid for 2 seasons not to play for us.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, BRFC4EVA said:

Interesting to note some of the fees that a number championship players have gone or been quoted for to go to the Prem. Watkins at Brentford is close to a £28m (rising to £33m) move to Villa. How many players do we have that are even sellable assets. Dack and Armstrong?  A couple of others like Travis and RN based on potential? Shows how far we have fallen. And yet a centre back and a left back and I think we're competitive!

Nyambe's value will be negligible bearing in mind we have somehow allowed him to enter the last year of his contract and he will probably walk away for free in summer.

Dack's in the last year of his deal as well despite talk of a 12 month option in our favour which I can't see is enforceable unless both parties are happy with it.

2 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Nyambe's value will be negligible bearing in mind we have somehow allowed him to enter the last year of his contract and he will probably walk away for free in summer.

Dack's in the last year of his deal as well despite talk of a 12 month option in our favour which I can't see is enforceable unless both parties are happy with it.

We had similar with Graham, it's an option written into Dacks current contract, if the club are happy they can extend for a further 12 month.Nothing Dack can do about it 

• Like 1