Stuart

Summer Transfer Window

1 minute ago, Mellor Rover said:

Mowbray claims a deal for a foreign player collapsed yesterday due to ‘costs involving a third party’.

"To lose one may be misfortune. To lose two looks like carelessness"

7 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

He definitely needs signing up long term but the best RB in the league and capable of playing in the Prem? Based on a friendly? Not sure about that.

Why would he want to sign?

3 minutes ago, JHRover said:

It's a lot more than two though isn't it.

10 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Hey, it could be Shebby Singh. Wonder what that t*sser is up to nowadays?

General Manager at Jaya Juta 2000 Sdn Bhd according to his LinkedIn

1 minute ago, JHRover said:

Yes Minister or Oscar Wilde (the former in my case)

57 minutes ago, J*B said:

Suhail is 100% in the building at the moment. 

That's good. I hope he is putting the hours in!

10 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

Mowbray claims a deal for a foreign player collapsed yesterday due to ‘costs involving a third party’.

Jerome getting greedy?....................

All signs point to Nyambe,Lenihen, Williams, Bell for Saturdays game.

When i said i think they are half hearted in their approach to these defenders they are alleged to be after i think it's because the above is TM first choice back line. I really don't think he rates those he's after as any better than Williams and that lot all fall within budget, so he won't pay them more when they'd be coming in as back up. It's how he's worked the past few years so no reason to think anything has changed.

Release the groundhog the season is here again, usual suspects in front of yet another change of keeper. The detail is in the planning.

Edited by tomphil

Howcome they only find out about 3rd party ownership when he is supposed to fly in for a medical? Is that the way it works? Someone comes out of the bushes and says "HEY, we need some cash as well"

8 minutes ago, tomphil said:

All signs point to Nyambe,Lenihen, Williams, Bell for Saturdays game.

When i said i think they are half hearted in their approach to these defenders they are alleged to be after i think it's because the above is TM first choice back line. I really don't think he rates those he's after as any better than Williams and that lot all fall within budget, so he won't pay them more when they'd be coming in as back up. It's how he's worked the past few years so no reason to think anything has changed.

That doesn't really mesh with the discussions to sell Williams.

Just now, bluebruce said:

That doesn't really mesh with the discussions to sell Williams.

It does if Tony doesn't want to sell him. For the money they'd get it wouldn't go far on a replacement and think of the team spirit if Del is popular.

Nobody has said they want to see him go nor has the player himself only that's there's been interest. Some of it long standing, now then how long does he have left on his contract ?

18 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Why would he want to sign?

Contract works both ways, club protects asset, player protects earnings, Could get serious injury, 

26 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

24 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Why do you get involve in paying third party people who have nothing do with the deal? 

5 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

If you were the player you'd bin the agent 

Any idea on who the player was 

3 minutes ago, TruRover said:

Any idea on who the player was 

B A Baracus

He ain’t getting on no plane!

So what date are people betting on for the first article stating ‘the emergence in pre season of Wharton / Magloire / Fisher / Dolan etc has lessened the need for that position’ 

You know it’s got to be incoming 

They never mention the name of these foreign players that 'do not come off'. Wonder why that is? If he aint coming, he aint coming, so why not put a name to him?

2 hours ago, JoeH said:

@Swanson can maybe give us an insight into the quality of the Norwegian leagues and what kind of level he's up against vs the level of the Championship in England. Seemingly quite two footed from what I can see, and at 6ft 1" definitely has some physicality too. Young at 23, with plenty of room for development, but as with all European players, big risks involved as to whether they suit the style over here. Travelled with Norway for their recent UEFA Nations League games, which is pretty impressive for his age, and he represented the national side at both U17's and U21's levels.

Andreas Schjølberg Hanche-Olsen
Position: Centre-Back
Foot: Right
Club: STABÆK
Nationality: Norwegian 🇳🇴
Contract Expiry: 30/06/2022

Player Heat-Map:

388182393_Screenshot2020-09-10at08_43_27.png.e0e0090ad9cf67246d5b8e867798109d.png

Defensive Capabilities: (In Brackets = Darragh Lenihan Comparison)
Aerial Duels Won %: 61.5% (61%)
Aerial Duels Won Per Game: 4.81 (8.37)
Tackle Success %: 63.2% (65.4%)
Yellow Cards Per Match: 0.15 (0.30)
Interceptions Per Game: 5.64 (7.11)

Passing Capabilities: (In Brackets = Darragh Lenihan Comparison)
Pass Accuracy %: 83.9% (78.9%)
Passes Per Game: 41.49 (43.3)
Passes To Final 3rd Per Game: 4.55 (8.98)
Long Passes Per Game: 5.06 (9.00)

Obviously Championship is a better league than Eliteserien, but we have a example in Erling Haaland that it necessarily doesn't mean anything. He was up against weaker defenses in Norway, but that didn't stop him when he made the move to Austria, but then again he is a bit extreme 😅 In my opinion, he would do fine in the Championship.

Hanche-Olsen and Emil Bohinen (son of Lars) are Stabæk's biggest assets right now, but I think a fee around 1 mill would do it. 

But I doubt Rovers are in for him, was just an example from me. Young, cheap (compared to other CB's), promising and available.

Just now, Tom said:

B A Baracus

He ain’t getting on no plane!

So what date are people betting on for the first article stating ‘the emergence in pre season of Wharton / Magloire / Fisher / Dolan etc has lessened the need for that position’ 

You know it’s got to be incoming 

They love it when a plan comes together.

We're all suffering to some extent due to Covid...I applaud the Clubs stance on not yielding to greedy Players and their shithouse immoral Agents.

This is NOT a time for them to be fleecing Clubs to line their pockets.

How on earth do you get to arrange flights and medicals without having hammered out the deal first ? Makes no sense.

As many have pointed out before, our approach to recruitment is tin pot. Mowbray and Venus should be nowhere near this sort of thing. They should provide names to the 'recruitment team' and then get back to managing the football team. It's not the 1970s!

20 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:
Why do you get involve in paying third party people who have nothing do with the deal? 

They clearly do have something to do with the deal, or they'd not be able to stop the deal.

It's bizarre that this would only come up at this late stage.

20 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

If you were the player you'd bin the agent 

Who says it's an agent? Sounds like third-party ownership to me, like with the old Tevez and Mascherano debacle. Although you would think the agent would bring this up at an earlier point in proceedings tbf. Maybe they did and the third party didn't get back to anyone for a while with what they wanted.

Who knows. It's definitely dragging on towards 'unacceptable' territory though. With nobody signed by today you can be certain we won't have a new face for Saturday. I can live with a game or two if the right player comes in after, but the longer this goes on the more it hampers us, simple as that.

Edited by bluebruce

He might just have asked for first class tickets, meals, hotel and expenses for all we know.

Remember this is the man who told those listening that Bauers agent wanted 40/50k pwk for his client. A few weeks before Preston signed him.

Edited by tomphil

2 minutes ago, Crimpshrine said:

How on earth do you get to arrange flights and medicals without having hammered out the deal first ? Makes no sense.

As many have pointed out before, our approach to recruitment is tin pot. Mowbray and Venus should be nowhere near this sort of thing. They should provide names to the 'recruitment team' and then get back to managing the football team. It's not the 1970s!

The deals get agreed and then agents move the goalposts last minute thinking that both clubs and the player are too far down the road to squabble over ‘a measly £100k’....I’m actually glad they cancelled it

I'd much rather us avoid bureaucracy, agents and suits, back to the dark days of paying 7-figure agents fees and dealing with 3rd party groups. If we can't get Deal A and B done because of those financial and logistical type things then I completely respect and understand that.

The problem however is that so many other clubs do manage to get deals done. Are the other 23 championship clubs not dealing with the same suits, with the same demands, or is it that all 23 other clubs are just happy to pay large agents fees and deal with difficult and frustrating 3rd party groups?