BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

1 minute ago, tomphil said:

Basil Rathbone - now there was a left back !  I was only a kid but from what i remember he'd be a superstar in this ream. I remember Sulley better and he was better than anything we've had now for a long while.

Ironically we signed Sulley from Bournemouth !

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Textbook Mowbray

Now tell me how serious they are about some of these defensive targets ?

He never really wants to change anything unless he has to.

I would say agreeing terms with 2 players, medicals done only to be gazumped by a premier league club and a side from the Middle East shows they were pretty serious.

2 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

I would say agreeing terms with 2 players, medicals done only to be gazumped by a premier league club and a side from the Middle East shows they were pretty serious.

Were medicals done? 

If you're on about Kipre and Ayala I didn't think either deal reached anywhere near that stage, just "we thought we had an agreement with the player" etc.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

What do you mean, so what if he develops into a top keeper? Many of us thought that was a given. Should we flog Nyambe, Lenham, Travis and Armstrong for 3 .million quid a piece as well? So what if they develop into top players!!

So to summarise, we sold f uour first choice keeper for a knockdown fee without sourcing a replacement first, under estimated the difficulty in getting a decent replacement and allegedly missed out on our targets, ended up with Brighton's fourth choice keeper on loan  who is quite possibly the worst professional goalie ever to don a pair of gloves and a little over 12 months later one of the six biggest Clubs in the Country is after our original keeper for 3x what we offloaded him for.

And you can't see a problem with that?

I know your role on here is to pop up every transfer window and praise everything that happens at the Club and try and get as many people onside as possible  but that's stretching it a bit even by your standards.

Think this is a very fair summary of the Raya debacle albeit a tad overly kind to Walton. 

5 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

Who actually believes they'd got far come on.

39 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I think you've picked the wrong midfielder to compare him to there, mate. 

Rothwells the only one we have WITH that pass in his locker.

Rothwell runs sideways and leaves it far to late constantly .

With buckley he's already seen the pass before he gets the ball . Its either first time or 1 or 2 touches and the ball is released .

Rothwell is head down 

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Were medicals done? 

If you're on about Kipre and Ayala I didn't think either deal reached anywhere near that stage, just "we thought we had an agreement with the player" etc.

Forgive me but I tend to trust Rich Sharpe on this and he says they were

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JoeH said:

Good. More combative and aggressive players like Dan Butterworth will benefit from a lower league loan, Buckley's game is much better suited to our league as a fringe player understudying Lewis Holtby.

He's nearly 21, supposedly the next great hope and yet he has managed to start just 5 games of league football for us. He would be far better of going out on loan and playing regularly. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Basil Rathbone - now there was a left back !  I was only a kid but from what i remember he'd be a superstar in this ream. I remember Sulley better and he was better than anything we've had now for a long while.

Basil's book is a brilliant read. I was really surprised at his very honest account of his anxiety issues. Cracking bloke. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Rochdale_rover said:

Rothwell runs sideways and leaves it far to late constantly .

I certainly wouldn't say Rothwell runs sideways; he's one of the most direct Rovers players I can remember. His first thought is always to drive forward when he gets the ball.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, frosty said:

I certainly wouldn't say Rothwell runs sideways; he's one of the most direct Rovers players I can remember. His first thought is always to drive forward when he gets the ball.

He may eventually get forward but has to run 60 yards to gain around 10 as he  runs across the field.

Also for the amount of minutes he plays his impact in games , with key passes goals or assists is minimal to say the least.

This also isn't a rothwell bashing . Actually quite like him even though I find him frustrating. Just think that buckley offers something different in the speed of though to get attacks moving

Edited by Rochdale_rover
Missed line

4 minutes ago, Rochdale_rover said:

He may eventually get forward but has to run 60 yards to gain around 10 as he  runs across the field.

Also for the amount of minutes he plays his impact in games , with key passes goals or assists is minimal to say the least.

This also isn't a rothwell bashing . Actually quite like him even though I find him frustrating. Just think that buckley offers something different in the speed of though to get attacks moving

I’d agree. I think Buckley is our best midfielder on the ball, after Holtby. Just a bit lightweight in other areas. I think Holtby gets bashed unfairly. He’s another that is never a winger/a right sided forward. Play him in a midfield 3 and we’ll see his worth. His speed of thought is miles ahead of everyone, lots of times even his own team mates last season. I remember one move off the top of my head where he played a reverse ball beautifully in behind the back line and Gallagher hadn’t even made a move yet. Think it was against Reading.

Rich Sharpe said that we arent working on a deal for Cunningham at the moment and that the Rathbone rumour is predictably a load of bollocks and that any midfield recruit will be most likely a loan.

We are currently looking at European based defenders, only problem I suppose is because of the pissing around and failures so far, with a 2 week quarantine period inevitable, the likelihood is that Bell and Williams are going to be needed not only for 1 game but for 3 or 4. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

Forgive me but I tend to trust Rich Sharpe on this and he says they were

Ayala had his medical early last week. That’s exactly what I posted on here - Spaniard had a medical on Tuesday, due to sign Wednesday... then nothing. 

8B017C93-DAE6-4FDA-8084-098A0FB3CCD2.jpeg

1 hour ago, RovingRover said:

If we don't sign any new players or new contracts to players by next summer our team will consist of...

Jordan Eastham, Thomas Kaminski, Hayden Carter, Scott Wharton, Darragh Lenihan, John Buckley, Tyrhys Dolan, Jacob Davenport, Lewis Travis, Adam Armstrong, Ben Brereton and Sam Gallagher.

That is 12 players out of our current crop of 25 1st team players including Williams and Mulgrew. A couple have the option of 12 month extensions.

Ryan Nyambe, Harry Chapman, Bradley Dack, Corry Evans, Lewis Holtby, Joe Rankin-Costello and Joe Rothwell all gone through expiration if contract.

Looking at the current situation you can't help but wonder whether this is a structured wind-down similar to that experienced by Wigan and Bolton during those clubs economic struggles.

Was what has happened at Bolton and Wigan a "structured wind-down?!"

We need to get Nyambe and Rankin Costello signed up ASAP, albeit even if they refused we will get a fee even if its via tribunal. Dack for all intents and purposes has 2 years, although his supposed new deal has a "next 24 hours" Junior Hoilett vibe to it. I would like Holtby and Evans to stay on but with their injury problems and probably being higher earners, maybe not quite as much urgency there. Rothwell and Chapman need to earn a new deal. Mulgrew, Williams and Johnson can all go for me.

No idea if this is relevant to the rovers scenario but players often have several medical procedures to go through before signing.

If find it hard to accept a string of people are coming into the club having full medicals here then bolting off to sign for someone else at the death.

Perhaps 'due in for full medical and expected to sign' is being mixed up with been in then ran off.

5 minutes ago, Ruaney said:

Wasn't the player you were talking about a midfielder?

I didn’t say that. I said on Thursday I had been told it may have been Alex Gorrìn. On Friday I said I didn’t think it was him. 

15 minutes ago, J*B said:

Ayala had his medical early last week. That’s exactly what I posted on here - Spaniard had a medical on Tuesday, due to sign Wednesday... then nothing. 

8B017C93-DAE6-4FDA-8084-098A0FB3CCD2.jpeg

That's must be so annoying for the club falling through after everything was almost done. But if money matters more than playing in competitive league and getting to premier league then what can the club and manager do

Any news on current targets?