BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

Sharpe and the rest don't 'know' anything they are just going off what they are being told so until something happens it has to be taken with a pinch of salt.

What goes on and actually happens and what gets spun is often very different.

How many times was Ben Marshall having his medical at Sheff Weds ready to sign ?

I hope Roves start billing these players agent for the medicals that'll soon put a stop to the pissing around.

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

But if money matters more than playing in competitive league and getting to premier league then what can the club and manager do

That's most likely why so many these of these signings keep falling through. The players meet Mowbray and soon realise that the club isn't getting to the Premier League.

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

That's must be so annoying for the club falling through after everything was almost done. But if money matters more than playing in competitive league and getting to premier league then what can the club and manager do

Any news on current targets? 

I would have loved us to sign Ayala because I think he’s a fantastic CB. But if he’s going to play for money in Saudi then we don’t need that sort of player here. 
No news from me. I’ve only known two targets, one Spaniard (assumed Ayala) and one left back, who signed for a Chinese club instead. 

Yaya Sanogo’s move toMiddlesbrough has fallen through due to fitness concerns. 

The former Arsenal striker was in Middlesbrough for a medical yesterday after agreeing terms. 

Boro have missed out on a clutch of new signings this window, leaving Neil Warnock very frustrated. 

Seems like we’re not the only ones

Edited by Tugayisgod

30 minutes ago, J*B said:

I didn’t say that. I said on Thursday I had been told it may have been Alex Gorrìn. On Friday I said I didn’t think it was him. 

On 03/09/2020 at 14:41, J*B said:

I’m a bit stumped, to be honest. I was told the player was at Brockhall on Tuesday, everything was agreed pending a medical, I had assumed it would be announced by now.

I’ve sort of said all I can... I said this morning the players name I was given is not a defender, he’s actually a central/defensive midfielder... but now Rich is back from his holiday and speaks about a ‘central midfielder not being ruled out’ right at the end of his update, which to me sounds like any midfielder is miles away. 

Really odd. It’s that specific I just can’t see how someone has made it up. But Rich seemingly knowing zero about it raises real question marks. 

Sorry, this confused me when you said 'he's actually a central/defensive midfielder'.

2 hours ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

JH Rover and you nailed it. Williams will start the season with a half decent performance, so Mowbray will say ‘we’re only looking for one centre half now - Del has really made the position his own and his understanding with Lenihan is second to none’. Wharton will have a stormer in the cup, so then it’ll be ‘we’re now well stocked at centre half’. Expect similar guff about left back too even though Bell is one of the worst full backs I’ve seen in my time following Rovers. 

All so entirely predictable with us and transfer windows isn’t it. 

I could live with the centerback situation, but we must get a left back.

• Like 3

I feel that 'man like Swag' and TM are waiting for the King and Raya transfers to happen before making any movements in the market due to their sell on fees. However what odds on King seeing out his contract and Raya not actually having a sell on % (Shebby forgot to put it in), just a promotion %, which makes his proposed xfer to Arsenal irrelevant. Would sum up the whole situation and then we of course end up back at square 1 with the season already started..

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, arbitro said:

That's the way of the world. Adam Armstrong was on his way to Preston as they had agreed a deal with Newcastle when we went in for him. In Ridsdales words 'we blew them out of the water' financially.

I don't remember too much criticism of Armstrong on here for taking a better financial deal and usurping Preston.

It's football.

Interesting one that as the LT at the time ran with us not being able to match his Toon wedge of c20k but offering a 4 yr contract on c15k. Sounds about right and enforces even more what bullshit Mowbray was spouting about Bauer as you are not telling me they suddenly found that kind of money for a 4 year deal when they couldn't compete for AA.

Tripped himself up badly there which is why i find some of this windows guff a bit far fetched. To me it resembles Bowyers last summer when the taps had gone off and FFP had us very limited to where we could shop.

Why don't they just speak the bloody truth fans might be a bit more accepting then. 

• Like 7

41 minutes ago, J*B said:

I would have loved us to sign Ayala because I think he’s a fantastic CB. But if he’s going to play for money in Saudi then we don’t need that sort of player here. 
No news from me. I’ve only known two targets, one Spaniard (assumed Ayala) and one left back, who signed for a Chinese club instead. 

One off to Saudi for money, the other off to China for money. Ambitious players.

7 minutes ago, BRFC4EVA said:

I feel that 'man like Swag' and TM are waiting for the King and Raya transfers to happen before making any movements in the market due to their sell on fees. However what odds on King seeing out his contract and Raya not actually having a sell on % (Shebby forgot to put it in), just a promotion %, which makes his proposed xfer to Arsenal irrelevant. Would sum up the whole situation and then we of course end up back at square 1 with the season already started..

You mean Waggott forgot to put it in? Shebby was long gone by the time Raya went.

7 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I put an offer in for a new Lamborghini the other day. I didnt offer the asking price and couldn't pay it but it was worth a try.

Someone else paid what was needed and is now driving around in it.

I had my photo taken at the dealership though so I can send that to my mates and they will be impressed.

I can't help but think the above is Rovers approach to transfers.

Someone should say that to th'owd hag and bling boy / his weedier sibling - given their cultural emphasis on 'saving face' it might wake them up a bit to actually change things so we aren't skulking in the transfer shadows like goons.

giphy.gif

45 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

The former Arsenal striker was in Middlesbrough for a medical yesterday after agreeing terms. 

Boro have missed out on a clutch of new signings this window, leaving Neil Warnock very frustrated. 

Bit different, he failed the medical. Didnt change his mind at the last minute.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I put an offer in for a new Lamborghini the other day. I didnt offer the asking price and couldn't pay it but it was worth a try.

I had my photo taken at the dealership though so I can send that to my mates and they will be impressed.

Spot on. Then I start telling my mates that I've given my Corsa a wash and I'd prefer that to the Lambo anyway.

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, JHRover said:

If you agree terms, by its very wording you have "offered the asking price" I would venture to say

Was it Ternant who said Burnley fans want to buy champagne with beer money ?

Sometimes looks like our lot in charge would rather drink supermarkets own branded piss even when they've enough change to buy some decent branded bottled lager. All whilst waiting for the home brew to be ready but having no real idea if it's lager or bitter !

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

TM says we are light on numbers so he can't go on loan yet.

Dedicated CMs: Travis, Evans, Johnson, Davenport

Optional CMs: Bennett, Rothwell, Holtby, arguably JRC.

Dedicated AMs (for one position): Dack soon, Holtby, Rothwell

Optional AMs: Armstrong, JRC, Dolan

Emergency AMs: Brereton, Chapman, Bennett has been used here before albeit crap.

Light in numbers in Buckley's position? Nope we are flooded for numbers there, whether you see him as CM or AM.

Get him out on loan. Stop collecting centre mids like you're filling out a Panini Midfielder sticker book and stagnating too many of their developments by having them all play bit parts. Taking Buckley's cameos away for a while means better game time for others, and helps us figure out who is really up to it. TM obviously doesn't see that much difference in current contributions with the others, or he wouldn't be entertaining sending JB out on loan. If he is looking good enough to stamp his mark as a regular starter here by January we can always recall him.

Stop pissing about, these League One sides might have filled their spot by the time we bring in another CM or Dack is fit again, and we already have more numbers here than we need even when you take Buckley out.

I know some of you rate him for right now, but come on he is still a bit part player at the moment. If you want him to show he can be more he needs to show he can play 90 mins of men's football week in week out. These are key development times.

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, Tugayisgod said:

We arent, but why are we comparing against the teams seemingly having the most frustrating time? We need to improve more than most, weve lost quite a bit and already were quite a bit away from our target.

No one said it is easy, but we seem to struggle more than most, year in, year out. There are plenty that have had successful windows too.

Indeed, based on your example, Boro have signed 2 players and have Morsy in to sign today.

50 minutes ago, BRFC4EVA said:

Theres no way that even our club is idiotic enough to base their current transfer dealings and plans on sell on clause income.

If those transfers happen, they should be seen as a bonus and only considered for budgetary purposes if and when they happen, it isnt prudent to wait for them to happen.

Rich Sharpe confirmed as much the other day.

6 minutes ago, RovingRover said:

Terrible keeper!

Edited by roversfan99
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, bluebruce said:

TM says we are light on numbers so he can't go on loan yet.

Dedicated CMs: Travis, Evans, Johnson, Davenport

Optional CMs: Bennett, Rothwell, Holtby, arguably JRC.

Dedicated AMs (for one position): Dack soon, Holtby, Rothwell

Optional AMs: Armstrong, JRC, Dolan

Emergency AMs: Brereton, Chapman, Bennett has been used here before albeit crap.

Light in numbers in Buckley's position? Nope we are flooded for numbers there, whether you see him as CM or AM.

Get him out on loan. Stop collecting centre mids like you're filling out a Panini Midfielder sticker book and stagnating too many of their developments by having them all play bit parts. Taking Buckley's cameos away for a while means better game time for others, and helps us figure out who is really up to it. TM obviously doesn't see that much difference in current contributions with the others, or he wouldn't be entertaining sending JB out on loan. If he is looking good enough to stamp his mark as a regular starter here by January we can always recall him.

Stop pissing about, these League One sides might have filled their spot by the time we bring in another CM or Dack is fit again, and we already have more numbers here than we need even when you take Buckley out.

I know some of you rate him for right now, but come on he is still a bit part player at the moment. If you want him to show he can be more he needs to show he can play 90 mins of men's football week in week out. These are key development times.

I agree 100%. I think he's looked decent in flashes. He needs regular game time to show that he can be consistent, but I think it would be a risk to give him that here at the moment. Getting that game time at a lower level should highlight his quality if he's genuinely as good as people say he is and he'll come back stronger for the experience. 

• Like 1