BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

8 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

I’d start Wharton tomorrow but play del at left back . As bad as he is he’s a million times the player bell is and I’m expecting to be under the cosh for quite a lot of the game. It has to be nyambe, Leninhan, Wharton and del for me

No no no, I think you have forgotten how bad he is. Bell is nowhere near as shite as Williams at LB.

• Like 3

Just now, RoversClitheroe said:

No no no, I think you have forgotten how bad he is. Bell is nowhere near as shite as Williams at LB.

Williams looks like Nilton Santos there when compared with Bell. Williams can do the basic's defensively and going forward can cross a ball.

Edited by Ewood Ace
  • Like 2

Williams is a left footed CB and more than capable of being third or fourth choice behind or in front of Wharton. He is a poor left back that can at least defend the basics where bell is and has been a consistent liability as a defender and often leaving the rest of the back line exposed as well as his inability to stop a cross he often cuts back and plays the ball backwards slowing down all momentum. The fact remains we are arguing over the worst of two evils. We need a CB and a LB to walk into the first eleven and hit the ground running

• Like 2

What bothers me is how well Lenihan will play with Wharton alongside him. We've seen how the two Irish lads play well together as CBs. For this game I would have Bell at LB (ouch) and Wharton on the bench.............or even JRC at LB instead of Bell.

• Like 2

Just now, Darwen Rover 007 said:

Maybe try Wharton at CB and Magloire at LB.. definitely not the right fit... but.. fast.. powerful and gives him game time...

And most important of all.. upgrade on Bell (who i have always said is a good LWB) and Bennett! 

I dont get how Bell could be seen as a better wing back, he is atrocious going forward.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Williams looks like Nilton Santos there when compared with Bell. Williams can do the basic's defensively and going forward can cross a ball.

Not at LB he can't. He simply has no idea how to position himself when he plays LB and is constantly lost at sea. Don't get me wrong, Bell is garbage there too, but he costs us a few less goals over a season than Williams. I think poor positioning is a lot less obvious than things like letting someone waltz past you or looking lethargic, but is even more dangerous because it opens huge holes.

They're both trash at LB for what we are trying to achieve though and we definitely need better. But at present if I was forced to pick one at LB it would be Bell. Williams is adequate at CB as cover but we can't be relying on him all season.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Swansea still interested in Williams. Sold Celina for 3 million so have some funds

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/swansea-city-transfer-business-still-18916419

That's a huge below for them losing Celina. They've lost 3 key players now in Brewster, Van De Hoorn, and Celina. Ayew will prob go too. 

• Like 1

Just now, rovers11 said:

That's a huge below for them losing Celina. They've lost 3 key players now in Brewster, Van De Hoorn, and Celina. Ayew will prob go too. 

Celina had talent but he often flattered to deceive and was not guaranteed a starting place, starting only 28 times and not making much of an impact. Connor Gallagher was more of a loss but Morgan Gibbs-White could have a similar impact.

Ayew looks like he is staying and is one of the best players in the division.  Brewster and Van Der Hoorn are 2 big blows though.

2 minutes ago, Darwen Rover 007 said:

I think he's decent going forward but atrocious defensively 

I dont think hes ever got an assist for the club, on the rare occasions that he actually runs forward rather than dithering, his cross usually ends up shanked into the stand.

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Celina had talent but he often flattered to deceive and was not guaranteed a starting place, starting only 28 times and not making much of an impact. Connor Gallagher was more of a loss but Morgan Gibbs-White could have a similar impact.

Ayew looks like he is staying and is one of the best players in the division.  Brewster and Van Der Hoorn are 2 big blows though.

I dont think hes ever got an assist for the club, on the rare occasions that he actually runs forward rather than dithering, his cross usually ends up shanked into the stand.

Won a penalty in his last game.

29 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Interesting, I hadn't realised he didn't play much. He always looked like one of their best players to me. 

Gibbs-White is one of the stand out signings of the summer in this division. But overall they'll still be weaker. 

Edited by rovers11

26 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I am not sure if that counts as an assist but if it does, then I think thats a first, and in a typically inept display. Put a couple of crosses into the empty stand, and also got another assist for a Doncaster goal.

1 assist in the 2018/19 season. Stellar stuff.

• Like 1