BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

11 hours ago, Fraserkirky said:

I agree with this. Nyambe can also kick inside if needed, and would have no qualms with sticking JRC in at Full Back, where he had his best preseason game vs Blackpool there.

JRC is as much of a FB as Bennett is. If you're playing him there in a competitive fixture you'd better have a raft of defensive injuries.

46 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

The good news is it's a decent second keeper. 

The bad news is the fee. Surely there would be a decent back up who doesn't cost a fee. Especially when we really need a centre back and left back. 

Aye but as has been mentioned before, you need to look at the deal for the duration of a contract. If Pears costs 300k and is on (for arguments sake) 8k per week over 3 years that is an outlay of just shy of 1.55mil. 

If we got an older Gk on a free but he was on 14k per week that would cost us just over 2.18 mil over 3 years. 

Just an example as a fee can sometimes be a distraction on here. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, RovingRover said:

Eric Oelschlägel is another name which has cropped up this morning in the goalkeeper hunt. A player who was flagged by the European scouts whilst playing for Borussia Dortmund II. His contract expired this summer. Wages would be an issue I fear. Pears is still preferred.

Was on £2k at Dortmund according to FM20, and he only ever played one game for Dortmund first team. You'd hope wages wouldn't be an issue! 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Feed the Yak said:

Aye but as has been mentioned before, you need to look at the deal for the duration of a contract. If Pears costs 300k and is on (for arguments sake) 8k per week over 3 years that is an outlay of just shy of 1.55mil. 

If we got an older Gk on a free but he was on 14k per week that would cost us just over 2.18 mil over 3 years. 

Absolutely get that it's just an example, and totally agree with the principle. But I sure hope we aren't paying anything like either of those wages for a backup keeper!

9 minutes ago, Feed the Yak said:

That's true I suppose and makes me feel a bit better about it. 

That said can a reserve keeper really command that much of a wage (relatively speaking)? Also it assumes length of contract in both cases is the same. You're right it is more complex than just the fee - a free transfer may have a signing on fee too for example. 

Maybe it is just a distraction. Perhaps it's who we are buying - he hasn't had huge amounts of football and had it been £300k for.someone else I'd be less fussed. Maybe it's our general malaise in the market that makes me negative. I would have thought though there were better deals out there though. 

Still, any port in a storm... 

45 minutes ago, windymiller7 said:

That's correct. The Duke used to be my regular haunt when it was open. Now a Co-Op with flats above. Drink in the Nellie now.

Remember watching a Bungy jumping session there one Sunday afternoon, must be 10 years ago at least. They had a huge crane in the car-park!

One bloke got a free go for jumping naked!

Edited by 47er
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Nixon reporting Ayala signing very much back on

As I revealed over 24 hours ago. Nice of the Sun man to catch up. ?

53 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Was on £2k at Dortmund according to FM20, and he only ever played one game for Dortmund first team. You'd hope wages wouldn't be an issue! 

Football Manager and Fifa are very good at getting player wages spot on in some cases. But in the cases of younger lesser known players they are horrendously off. Take that from someone who worked for EA 5ish years ago.

Oelschlägel is on closer to £10,000 a week than £2,000 a week. Similar wages to Jordan Archer. Slightly less than Rob Elliot would want.

The price structure Tony is trying to stick to for the second keeper is the £3,000-£5,000 a week bracket. Pears should meet that bracket. Oelschlägel would need to come down a bit.

• Like 3

Ayala will be a brilliant signing for 3 years if it happens, Personally I would say we would have him for his best years, with a deal close before medical would of been done, so just the case of signing and quarantine if he needs to, praying the fax machine works before another offer comes in