BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

Just now, Jlee1984 said:

Ayala will be a brilliant signing for 3 years if it happens, Personally I would say we would have him for his best years, with a deal close before medical would of been done, so just the case of signing and quarantine if he needs to, praying the fax machine works before another offer comes in 

He's a bit too injury prone to warrant a 3 year contract at this stage but beggars can't be choosers. 2+1 would have been ideal.

Need a left back and a centre mid, and we're set.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

He's a bit too injury prone to warrant a 3 year contract at this stage but beggars can't be choosers. 2+1 would have been ideal.

Need a left back and a centre mid, and we're set.

Hopefully the medical was clean, Different training methods and better facilities might change the injury status 

• Like 1

Ah, lovely ITK pats on the back :lol:

Wont fully believe the Ayala deal until hes on the official site but would be as good as we could possibly get.

Proper leader, experienced but not too old and a track record of being in good defences at this level.

Also, Adarabioyo was good but when Lenihan didnt play, Adarabioyo and Williams lacked leadership. Ayala means that we have 2 leaders back there.

Injury prone however, a lack of fitness and of course potentially quarantine team will mean we might have to go with the current centre backs until the international break which is not ideal.

Also, if Mowbray doesnt compromise slightly on his principles, we will concede even with Ayala, if it is left just to him and Lenihan to defend with both full backs high up, even having a good CB pairing wont be enough. 

Ayala isnt going to bring the ball out from the back and he isnt the quickest but ultimately I dont think they are the 2 biggest priorities of a centre back.

Him and Pears would also increase our "Middlesborugh quota" that Mowbray needs, especially with Graham, Smallwood, Leutwiler and Downing all going.

I just hope we get a left back as soon as possible as Bell is the weak link.

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Ah, lovely ITK pats on the back :lol:

You have a real beef with a few posters who post their snippets on here. RovingRover put you straight on the whole ITK shite yesterday. Re-read it. No one is looking for credit or pats on the back, they are offering information to fellow fans on a fan based forum for the club they support. It's a helluva lot better, engaging content than is provided by your debates on tactical 'deficiencies' or otherwise. 

This thread is all the better for posters like RovingRover and this forum is better for having them. As said multiple times, in an era where we get scarce media coverage, any little bit of information is appreciated.

Cheers. Pats on the back all round. It's great being IN THE KNOW. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

Proper leader, experienced but not too old and a track record of being in good defences at this level.

Also, Adarabioyo was good but when Lenihan didnt play, Adarabioyo and Williams lacked leadership. Ayala means that we have 2 leaders back there.

Lenihan isn't a leader. It's a major frustration. Where is the rallying when we concede, the congratulations when the keeper makes a save or one of the defence puts in a block, the pressurising of the ref or getting in the opposition's face when they dive or put in a bad tackle on one of our players?

For all his faults, Bennett is a better "leader".

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

You have a real beef with a few posters who post their snippets on here. RovingRover put you straight on the whole ITK shite yesterday. Re-read it. No one is looking for credit or pats on the back, they are offering information to fellow fans on a fan based forum for the club they support. It's a helluva lot better, engaging content than is provided by your debates on tactical 'deficiencies' or otherwise. 

This thread is all the better for posters like RovingRover and this forum is better for having them. As said multiple times, in an era where we get scarce media coverage, any little bit of information is appreciated.

Cheers. Pats on the back all round. It's great being IN THE KNOW. 

Not at all. My beef in general is with people when they say "I know something but I wont tell you all" as that achieves absolutely nothing.

In this instance RovingRover didnt come under this category at all, and my post was very much tongue in cheek towards him. I think that the quote he put "As I revealed over 24 hours ago. Nice of the Sun man to catch up. ?" which again is fair enough, bit of self praise.

I am not sure if he genuinely knew information seperate from what was already in the public domain (it had been mentioned on twitter that the Ayala deal hadnt gone through in Saudi Arabia by Rich Sharpe) but either way, he actually shared that information so fair play for doing so.

If you have in the know information, I think you have to be prepared that if it doesnt come off, you will get some questions and some banter, and if you self praise, equally, a bit of banter. I agree that his post was useful and welcomed.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, XLM said:

Lenihan isn't a leader. It's a major frustration. Where is the rallying when we concede, the congratulations when the keeper makes a save or one of the defence puts in a block, the pressurising of the ref or getting in the opposition's face when they dive or put in a bad tackle on one of our players?

For all his faults, Bennett is a better "leader".

Maybe leader was an incorrect summary. Our results with and without Lenihan are vastly different, obviously Lenihan will head stuff away, I do think Adarabioyo and Williams together was not a good partnership because they arent as dominant as Lenihan. I would like to think that if Ayala came in and partnered Wharton or Williams, then that might be a better alternative.

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Maybe leader was an incorrect summary. Our results with and without Lenihan are vastly different, obviously Lenihan will head stuff away, I do think Adarabioyo and Williams together was not a good partnership because they arent as dominant as Lenihan. I would like to think that if Ayala came in and partnered Wharton or Williams, then that might be a better alternative.

I agree with all that. The leader thing just jumped out at me because we've been short a proper captain and someone who marshals the defence for years. It SHOULD be Lenihan's job, I just don't think he's very good at it.

• Like 1

Pleased to hear that defenders are coming...Ayala just has to be an improvement on what we have .....just a little niggle for me though......

My neighbour has strong connections with Boro, was once on their books, NW scout for them about 15 years ago...his info on Ayala 

1 He really can play ( when fit )

2 He was the start of the fall out with Karanka ( wouldn’t play ) 

3 “ Had words “ with Warnock......

4  Misses many matches ...not always apparent why 

5 Sold his house in Yarm , North Yorks... to buy one in Hertfordshire....rather a lengthy commute ?

.....but.... let’s hope !

Edited by Dolly blue

Just now, Dolly blue said:

Pleased to hear that defenders are coming...Ayala just has to be an improvement on what we have .....just a little niggle for me though......

My neighbour has strong connections with Boro, was once on their books, NW scout for them about 15 years ago...his info on Ayala 

1 He really can play ( when fit )

2 He was the start of the fall out with Karanka ( wouldn’t play ) 

3 “ Had words “ with Warnock......

4  Misses many matches ...not always apparent why 

.....but.... let’s hope !

I wonder what Mulgrew's up to...

Edited by Hoochie Bloochie Mama

2 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Ayala's played Tony like a fiddle?

There's absolutely no evidence for this. Almost everything we can see and hear suggests that we stuck by our budgets and our morals, he went away and came slumping back after his other options fell away. I think WE played HIM like a fiddle tbh.