BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

24 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Agree on the first 3 but it's all about the takers and who is going to pay then what they are on here ?  Nobody is the blunt answer plus Mowbray worships Bennett and seems to rate Derek.

Mulgrew i wouldn't be surprised to see them waste a hefty lump on paying him off, we are nice like that.  Personally i'd loan him out i'm sure he's enough good rep to get a gig somewhere.  THen he can go for nothing eventually.

I reckon we will just give Mulgrew away for nothing. Providing he'll lower his wage demands, I think someone would take him (if he is willing to go that is)

• Like 1

Just now, davulsukur said:

I reckon we will just give Mulgrew away for nothing. Providing he'll lower his wage demands, I think someone would take him (if he is willing to go that is)

They should try that i agree just say fix yourself up and we'll let you go. Sadly this is 2020 and it's all about money he'd want what he was entitled to and is probably prepared to sit on the bench all season to get it.

Pray that someone offers him something somewhere he can't turn down.

2 hours ago, Scotland1 said:

So not a legend then? I know what your saying but he fucked his teammates of and the fans. That is not a making of any legend really imo.

Tugay in my era but I remember meeting Bryan Douglas at his stadium naming the room was in awe of him amongst the older generation so that kinda gives you a yardstick on how to measure “legendary” status for me.

No, not a legend... definitely a term bandied about too freely. A couple of legends come about every generation, if we are lucky. Samba was an excellent player and had cult hero status, not in the legend bracket.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

Do you have a link, please? I'd be interested to see those stats.

Do you still want the link to these stats?

10 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

He made some fantastic recoveries from his mistakes. 

His last ditch challenges were fantastic. Think you are being slightly harsh on him.

Out of those 6 goals I reckon Walton was guilty for 4 of them.

I agree on Carter. Think he is good prospect and someone who would be around the 1st team squad

8 hours ago, J*B said:

I’ve been told they want a German left back called Harthez and Conor Ripley (son of Stuart) from PNE. May or may not be true. 

Harthrez has been regular for his club over the last 4 years from the stats from Transfermarkt.com so at least he been playing alot of football over the years. He is out of contract this summer aswell. 

Connor Ripley would probably be a small fee but would he be coming here as number 1 tho?

7 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

I'd be happy with Conor Ripley. 

What are people's thoughts? 

Ive seen the odd game a 3 or 4 seasons ago of him but not enough to form a proper opinion. 

Can You tell me more about his keeping? 

Just now, Miller11 said:

No, not a legend... definitely a term bandied about too freely. A couple of legends come about every generation, if we are lucky. Samba was an excellent player and had cult hero status, not in the legend bracket.

I’d agree with that Mokoena is a true cult here though ?

For those who didn’t like the Leon Balogun suggestion I made the lad released by Wigan.

take a read - https://forums.vitalfootball.co.uk/threads/leon-says-goodbye.106684/

As I said I thought we needed two centre backs this summer a capable back up for Lenihans absences and a Tosin replacement. Looks like he’s going to Rangers.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Agree on the first 3 but it's all about the takers and who is going to pay then what they are on here ?  Nobody is the blunt answer plus Mowbray worships Bennett and seems to rate Derek.

Mulgrew i wouldn't be surprised to see them waste a hefty lump on paying him off, we are nice like that.  Personally i'd loan him out i'm sure he's enough good rep to get a gig somewhere.  THen he can go for nothing eventually.

TM was right way back in August..."Fck Off, Derrick!"

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, tomphil said:

They should try that i agree just say fix yourself up and we'll let you go. Sadly this is 2020 and it's all about money he'd want what he was entitled to and is probably prepared to sit on the bench all season to get it.

Pray that someone offers him something somewhere he can't turn down.

Yer, that probably is the most likely outcome, sadly.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

right decision by the club and Mowbray to not renew Graham or Samuel contracts. Aswell for Luetwiler, Hart and Smallwood. 

unsure on whether Downing should get a contract or not. 

If you're not 100% regarding Downing that should really be enough to tell you maybe it's time to part company. 

From my time following Rovers, Shearer, Brad and Tugay would be legends. You could argue also any of the title winning squad just for the achievement. No one else.

Jansen, Duff, Dunny, Dack, Nelsen would be on the next list. Maybe Graham too. He stuck around and is quality. Still our best out and out front man.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

right decision by the club and Mowbray to not renew Graham or Samuel contracts. Aswell for Luetwiler, Hart and Smallwood. 

unsure on whether Downing should get a contract or not. 

Right decision maybe but I wonder if there even was a decision. Perhaps given his lack of budget he simply couldn't offer them a new deal even if he had wanted to 

1 minute ago, JHRover said:

Right decision maybe but I wonder if there even was a decision. Perhaps given his lack of budget he simply couldn't offer them a new deal even if he had wanted to 

Well looking at recent comments from Mowbray and players social media posts it appears that decisions on Samuel and Luetwiler was made before the last couple of decisions. Smallwood and Hart were always to leave. No Idea why they signed lockdown extensions. 

Graham, touch call to release him after his performances at Rovers. Been a good player but he ain't going to be regular here. Wouldn't surprise me if he went to Hull or Sunderland next season. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Well looking at recent comments from Mowbray and players social media posts it appears that decisions on Samuel and Luetwiler was made before the last couple of decisions. Smallwood and Hart were always to leave. No Idea why they signed lockdown extensions. 

Graham, touch call to release him after his performances at Rovers. Been a good player but he ain't going to be regular here. Wouldn't surprise me if he went to Hull or Sunderland next season. 

I was thinking Sunderland would be a good fit also.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I was thinking Sunderland would be a good fit also.

lives in the North East and so would be logical to go to club there or Someone like Hull. Young squad there so his experience would be useful there

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bohinen 22 said:

From my time following Rovers, Shearer, Brad and Tugay would be legends. You could argue also any of the title winning squad just for the achievement. No one else.

Jansen, Duff, Dunny, Dack, Nelsen would be on the next list. Maybe Graham too. He stuck around and is quality. Still our best out and out front man.

And there's only ever been one king of ewood park and it not richard feckin smallwood. 

• Like 1

DG is from Gateshead and supports NUFC and had a sorry time at Sunderland before.

The old saying - Never go back. Then again,  if the money is right all things are possible.

Hull if he's staying on UK would suit.

A favourite of mine and wish him well.

Nice he got a good assist in his final game.

Mowbray told him where he (Mowbray) is taking the Club. Why am I frightened.

• Like 4