BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

3 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Agreed. And I know nowt about Ryan Manning so I'm heading over to Youtube. 

Very good player. He's a cracking left back both in defense and attack, it's actually part of the reason he's played in midfield on a couple of ocassions. Technically very good and not shy getting stuck in.

I chucked his name out last night based purely off the fact that it looks like the kind of deal Rovers are looking at these days (which I saw someone else allude to earlier). A player who's probably available for less than their actual market price for one reason or another, who would add some real quality.

If it turns out to be him, i'd be ecstatic because he's probably PL quality IMO.

• Like 5

Just now, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Just watched the Youtube video above. He can cross a ball which will be a revelation in our team. 

Problem is I don't think our team will know what to do with that! I've said a couple of times that I think Nyambe's low assist tally is partly down to poor positioning in the box and short blokes getting on the end of it. Partly his own fault too of course but still, might be harder to notch assists here from crosses.

• Like 1

Just now, JoeH said:

Some people suggesting Barry Douglas. Don't know names myself but if it's Douglas or Manning I'd be over the moon. Two massive upgrades on Bell!

Just looking at his wiki, 31 and with 15 appearances last season in this league, I'd be a lot less optimistic if it's him than if it's Manning. But hey, if they're a big upgrade on Bell for a season it'll have to do!

Just now, bluebruce said:

Just looking at his wiki, 31 and with 15 appearances last season in this league, I'd be a lot less optimistic if it's him than if it's Manning. But hey, if they're a big upgrade on Bell for a season it'll have to do!

Douglas has A LOT of experience and a high quality set-piece taker too. Like you say, either are an upgrade

Just now, bluebruce said:

Problem is I don't think our team will know what to do with that! I've said a couple of times that I think Nyambe's low assist tally is partly down to poor positioning in the box and short blokes getting on the end of it. Partly his own fault too of course but still, might be harder to notch assists here from crosses.

Absolutely agree. First season back in the Championship and me and my mate (when bored, which was often) used to count the number of players we'd get in the box when attacking. On occasion there would be literally no-one in there, DG would come short, lay it off out wide and there'd be no-one in there to cross too. It's improved a bit since but no  a great deal. It will be Dack or Armstrong left to outjump 6 foot defenders when Manning swings them in. Tactical mastery!

Think I posted a stat a while ago that said we had the lowest number of shots from the 6 yard box in the league last season which tells it's own story. 

• Like 1

A good crosser at LB or RB would definitely help Sam Gallagher's goals tally. Nyambe isn't the best crosser, even his biggest fans see that, but if we have a left-back who can really deliver a ball, we're in business I think.

As a relative Bell apologist (he is clearly a weak link - but I think some of his criticism is OTT) it has to be said that his crossing is as weak as I've ever seen from a Rovers full back.

I would've thought that Douglas would be beyond us, and I don't know a huge amount about manning, but looking at those assists it seems as though either of them would look like Le Saux compared to what we've been used to. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

As a relative Bell apologist (he is clearly a weak link - but I think some of his criticism is OTT) it has to be said that his crossing is as weak as I've ever seen from a Rovers full back.

I would've thought that Douglas would be beyond us, and I don't know a huge amount about manning, but looking at those assists it seems as though either of them would look like Le Saux compared to what we've been used to. 

The trouble with Bell is that when he sees the ball at his feet it seems to confuse him. Like 'where's that come from, I probably should try and run with it for a while'. Then he gets confused again and thinks 'actually, I'd better stop'. Then he just passes it to the opposition. 

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Some people suggesting Barry Douglas. Don't know names myself but if it's Douglas or Manning I'd be over the moon. Two massive upgrades on Bell!

(someone on Twitter and @RoversClitheroe on here)

I saw the link on twitter, highly doubtful that's Barry Douglas is signing here surely? 

Anyone heard any names? Or just Ryan Manning?

22 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

The trouble with Bell is that when he sees the ball at his feet it seems to confuse him. Like 'where's that come from, I probably should try and run with it for a while'. Then he gets confused again and thinks 'actually, I'd better stop'. Then he just passes it to the opposition. 

The trouble with Bell is that he is at the Rovers.

• Like 4

They need to bloody announce it ffs. It's Friday and I am too busy to keep checking in here. 

If its a perm LB of quality , it might be the first transfer window under TM where I will admit that we have at least got the minimal in needed in the right areas. We then just need some depth.

• Like 1

Just now, JacknOry said:

They need to bloody announce it ffs. It's Friday and I am too busy to keep checking in here. 

If its a perm LB of quality , it might be the first transfer window under TM where I will admit that we have at least got the minimal in needed in the right areas. We then just need some depth.

Kaminski, Ayala, Dolan and a quality LB would be an excellent window so far.

He's ok Tony when he doesn't have much money!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Your last comment is going to get some Carry On replies

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

We need a crowdfunding scheme to buy the cheapest house overlooking the Brockhall complex. Then we can all be ITKers. Might be a tight squeeze though.

You’re looking at about 300 grand..! There was a poster on here that used to watch the final training session every week from his bedroom window and post what the team was going to be. 

Just now, J*B said:

You’re looking at about 300 grand..! There was a poster on here that used to watch the final training session every week from his bedroom window and post what the team was going to be. 

I remember that, didn’t the Lancashire telegraph do an article on it? Something about our team line up getting linked on forums. Henning Berg was furious.

Wonder what happened to him.

• Like 1