BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

Just now, Dreams of 1995 said:

What JB says shouldn’t come as a shock to anyone. We are slow in everything we do, so the fact that Suhail is behind it isnt news to me. You’d expect Waggott to be able to hammer home the importance of understanding your customer base though, and if he hasn’t been able to do that yet then who will? 

He doesn’t understand it, so that’s compounding the problem.

(but everything sounds hunky dory down there, so it’s reight)

7 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

That's interesting - going off what you've heard would you say that the issue is Suhail personally or is it more that we need to have someone as the go-between with the owners which is the issue? 

Direct quotes: 

Suhail is top dog. If you want change at the club... I’d advise turning the spotlight on the man who turns everything to shit.

12 minutes ago, J*B said:

I know it’s really fun to blame Swag, but he really isn’t the problem and will be retiring soon. Suhail is the problem, he slows everything down and despite being the most senior person at the club bar Venkys, has very little footballing knowledge. We’re better with Swag than without. 

Kind of like exerting his control by the sounds of but i suppose he's feck all else to do to justify his position. I bet he passes off all the good suggestions as his own to his boss Barry then blames all the cock ups of the rest of them.

Double agent.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tomphil said:

Kind of like exerting his control by the sounds of but i suppose he's feck all else to do to justify his position. I bet he passes off all the good suggestions as his own to his boss Barry then blames all the cock ups of the rest of them.

Double agent.

Or just simply

'a Twat'

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, J*B said:

Direct quotes: 

Suhail is top dog. If you want change at the club... I’d advise turning the spotlight on the man who turns everything to shit.

There’s a lot the club is doing perfectly fine with considering the oil tanker pace of decision making. Decent transfer business, TM has never had to sell a player against his will, investment in data tech at the training ground, an academy doing well.

My issue is the everyday running of the club, from ground maintenance to ticket pricing. Our £300,000 a year Chief Executive is not in charge of these decisions? It is an Indian emissary of the Rao’s making the decisions on day to day business operations?

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

There’s a lot the club is doing perfectly fine with considering the oil tanker pace of decision making. Decent transfer business, TM has never had to sell a player against his will, investment in data tech at the training ground, an academy doing well.

My issue is the everyday running of the club, from ground maintenance to ticket pricing. Our £300,000 a year Chief Executive is not in charge of these decisions? It is an Indian emissary of the Rao’s making these day to day business operations decisions?

EFL clubs need an approved/qualified CEO to run them. It’s a requirement from the league for each club. I know the photos of weeds outside the ground resulted in a strongly worded email to everyone involved saying it was unacceptable. I don’t think Swag has any choice but to put the prices up. I think his remit has been to increase the amount of money each fan puts into the club - there’s only a couple of ways to do that.

To their credit, without Swag and Mowbray pushing, I suspect everything would take 100% longer to be actioned and money to be spent in the wrong areas. 

Blackburn Rovers is therefore owned, ran and administered by a selection of people that have zero knowledge (or seeming interest to learn) of the demographics of Blackburn and it’s environs, and the price points that will push customers away - little wonder then that we will see our ST base further collapse this summer. This need to ‘increase revenue’ is actually producing policies that will do the exact opposite due to their own ignorance.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 5

49 minutes ago, JoeH said:

No Hahahahah! But Swag is a great guy and the whole plan down at Rovers looks awesome. Pitch is looking clean and fresh and on a personal level (outside of business interests) I'm really excited about the season. Loads and Loads to be positive about down at Ewood at the minute.

The pitch looked awful v Doncaster, so bobbly and cut up easily, so good to see that its been sorted.

He might be a nice guy but hes overseen and taken the credit/blame for some awful decisions in his time.

• Like 1

The rumours that a left back has signed seem to have come from that Jacob Crooke, who has in the past run with assumptions that we were close to signing a few players, Dillon Phillips, Maghoma, Garner etc that seemed to be little more than speculation, posting that eye emoji at someone suggesting that Manning has signed, before then retracting that by saying that he heard that there was an agreement about a player he didnt know the identity of. Then it all blew up on here.

I hope I am wrong but I think people have jumped the gun slightly.

18 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Blackburn Rovers is therefore owned, ran and administered by a selection of people that have zero knowledge (or seeming interest to learn) of the demographics of Blackburn and it’s environs, and the price points that will push customers away - little wonder then that we will see our ST base further collapse this summer. This need to ‘increase revenue’ is actually producing policies that will do the exact opposite due to their own ignorance.

That's what has happened since they walked through the door they've reduced the whole product to less than half what it was. Hand in hand they've reduced the income that was already there and guaranteed to something around probably a quarter of what it was. Then added to it with their own and their advisory friends antics.

I think some need regular reminders of this when the little choruses of blame the fans and 'the owners are doing their bit' start up. It's all at their door so the mess they've made needs heavily subsidizing and unfortunately that includes the fanbase in this area. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, tomphil said:

That's what has happened since they walked through the door they've reduced the whole product to less than half what it was. Hand in hand they've reduced the income that was already there and guaranteed to something around probably a quarter of what it was. Then added to it with their own and their advisory friends antics.

I think some need regular reminders of this when the little choruses of blame the fans and 'the owners are doing their bit' start up. It's all at their door so the mess they've made needs heavily subsidizing and unfortunately that includes the fanbase in this area. 

But hey, they're paying the bills....

• Like 5